Annual MyGNRForum Awards 2014 - Voting Round 2 - Finals

Powerage5

@Groghan: Why do you think so many people nominated and voted for P4A in so many categories? Don't get me wrong, she's great - and I hope she doesn't think I'm harassing her with this - but she's been an infrequent poster in 2014, no? Has her presence been so strong that she deserves to win so many coveted female awards? A lot of people seem to cultishly praise her. Am I wrong to find it a little creepy?

Yikes, I'll tell you what's a little creepy. People talking about me like I'm not even here. :max:

You're right though, I haven't posted as much as some others do. Quality over quantity always prevails, my man. Pay attention.

@Groghan: Why do you think so many people nominated and voted for P4A in so many categories? Don't get me wrong, she's great - and I hope she doesn't think I'm harassing her with this - but she's been an infrequent poster in 2014, no? Has her presence been so strong that she deserves to win so many coveted female awards? A lot of people seem to cultishly praise her. Am I wrong to find it a little creepy?

To be honest, and this is no insult to anybody, but there aren't a lot of female posters. Probably under 10 that routinely post? So it's much easier to get nominated/win in the female sections than men. You only need 3-4 people voting for you to advance to round two.

P4A is very opinionated and passionate, so she stands out more than the posters that just make boring type or clichéd type answers. She is also very smart, has a good sense of humor, and is willing to argue with people she disagrees with. Her recent comment about wishing she couldn't find Red's pictures so easy......that's just a great line.

She has also been posting for a very long time so she's built up a group of forum friends.

It makes sense that she would get a lot of votes. But it is odd to see her get votes in categories she doesn't post in or that she rarely posts in.

And if you get out of the man-hating topics, she is usually pretty level headed and posts intelligent answers - so people respect that. When somebody like Val22 posts, you just shake your head and wonder how she fuctions in day-to-day life. P4A seems like somebody that you'd call up when your spouse got cancer or your house burnt down because you know you could trust her to help you out in your moment of despair.

And she's not a f*cking idiot like a lot of posters are.

I was pretty surprised to see people like Gracii and ARQ not get more votes as they are pretty popular on here.

So to summarize - intelligent, been here a long time, respected, funny, can be a dick to people (which helps if people don't like the person you're being a dick to).....plus a small group to pick from............makes perfect sense she'd get a lot of love on here.

Ok, not bad. I don't know if I agree with everything, but It could have been much worse, so cheers.

Personally I don't know why people are trying to figure this out. I'm torn between feeling flattered and insulted. I see names on that list and I'm thinking WTF, but hey, I don't have a need to call anyone out or try to somehow rationalize peoples opinions, because in the end it's all obviously very subjective. Gotta say, it doesn't feel as much fun and light hearted as it has in past years. I'm being scrutinized here because I don't post whore in every fucking category. Ahhh, that's brilliant! :lol:

• Like 1

Yikes, I'll tell you what's a little creepy. People talking about me like I'm not even here. :max:

You're right though, I haven't posted as much as some others do. Quality over quantity always prevails, my man. Pay attention.

To be honest, and this is no insult to anybody, but there aren't a lot of female posters. Probably under 10 that routinely post? So it's much easier to get nominated/win in the female sections than men. You only need 3-4 people voting for you to advance to round two.

P4A is very opinionated and passionate, so she stands out more than the posters that just make boring type or clichéd type answers. She is also very smart, has a good sense of humor, and is willing to argue with people she disagrees with. Her recent comment about wishing she couldn't find Red's pictures so easy......that's just a great line.

She has also been posting for a very long time so she's built up a group of forum friends.

It makes sense that she would get a lot of votes. But it is odd to see her get votes in categories she doesn't post in or that she rarely posts in.

And if you get out of the man-hating topics, she is usually pretty level headed and posts intelligent answers - so people respect that. When somebody like Val22 posts, you just shake your head and wonder how she fuctions in day-to-day life. P4A seems like somebody that you'd call up when your spouse got cancer or your house burnt down because you know you could trust her to help you out in your moment of despair.

I was pretty surprised to see people like Gracii and ARQ not get more votes as they are pretty popular on here.

So to summarize - intelligent, been here a long time, respected, funny, can be a dick to people (which helps if people don't like the person you're being a dick to).....plus a small group to pick from............makes perfect sense she'd get a lot of love on here.

Ok, not bad. I don't know if I agree with everything, but It could have been much worse, so cheers.

Personally I don't know why people are trying to figure this out. I'm torn between feeling flattered and insulted. I see names on that list and I'm thinking WTF, but hey, I don't have a need to call anyone out or try to somehow rationalize peoples opinions, because in the end it's all obviously very subjective. Gotta say, it doesn't feel as much fun and light hearted as it has in past years. I'm being scrutinized here because I don't post whore in every fucking category. Ahhh, that's brilliant! :lol:

There's only one whore around here young lady and there ain't room for the two of us, ain't but one ass gon' be pedalled on this here block *does that attitude Beyonce neck thing* :lol:

Don't take it too seriously............bored at work, filling the time whilst also looking at who the Dodgers are going to trade out of their three over-priced outfielders and trying to figure out who Dokken is touring with this summer. He just did an interview and said he couldn't release the names yet, but they were going to do 40-50 dates this year on a four-band bill and they would be the 2nd ranked band. So that is possibly something like Cinderella or Tesla.....then Dokken.......then two of out of Ratt, Great White, Warrant, etc. I'm going to see Hardcore Superstar in a couple months (and a Lakers game) - so I'm just looking at hotels/airlines/etc to see if I might want to go to the bigger show (in terms of seeing four bands I grew up). As well as trying to find a new "gourmet" recipe of some kind of a pork chop dish.

So don't worry. People aren't being creepy or trying to figure too much out. Just chatting and wasting time.

You said you didn't agree with some of what I posted.........just out of curiosity, what was the biggest thing you think I got wrong?

• Like 1

There's only one whore around here young lady and there ain't room for the two of us, ain't but one ass gon' be pedalled on this here block *does that attitude Beyonce neck thing* :lol:

No one was asking about the price of curry, you twat.

There's only one lady of the forum and her name is P4A.

I need pictures for the best looking categories.

Drunk poster? What the fuck! :lol:

You have that one in the bag. Be proud.

That's what the Use Your Illusion section is for.
I search and I search but I still can't find pics of P4A. :lol:
Unfortunately I don't have to search as hard to find yours.

BTW, thanks for the nominations guys. I'm truly touched and humbled. :heart:

This is too funny.

What the fuck is an award based on a person's appearance when one of the nominees hasn't even been seen for years, if ever?

:rofl-lol:

I'll tell you what's funny, the way you keep coming at me with this. The fact I was nominated for the same award as you, despite my lack for needy attention grabbing or having to subject everyone to some ridiculous picture of myself with every shit staining post is killing you. OMG, you're cracking me up, like this is some big deal! :lol:

I haven't posted a picture recently, whatever, I can't be bothered, but I have in the past. If you missed it too bad. Yeah, the forum did actually exist before you showed up. So get the fuck over it.

• Like 1

How in the world did NetCat not make the top three for hottest poster?

Exactly.

By far one of the most gorgeous women of the year....probably ever, imo.(In MYNR) She's absolutely stunning....in the few pics she has posted. Beautiful.

Because she only got one vote. It's no good complaining when one of you didn't vote and the other voted for someone else.

• Like 1

Exactly.

By far one of the most gorgeous women of the year....probably ever, imo.(In MYNR) She's absolutely stunning....in the few pics she has posted. Beautiful.

Because she only got one vote. It's no good complaining when one of you didn't vote and the other voted for someone else.

I certainly cannot complain since I did not vote. But asking this bunch of characters (including myself) to vote twice is wishful thinking. Not with this bunch. It just won't happen.

You'll be lucky to get a single post out of much, let alone 2 votes in 2 separate elections. Good luck with that.

Edited by Kasanova King

Exactly.

I haven't really been following UYI but only two posters nominated have posted pictures recently. It seems whoever else was voted in are going by memory.

Exactly.

I haven't really been following UYI but only two posters nominated have posted pictures recently. It seems whoever else was voted in are going by memory.

Trust me, you wouldn't kick Netcat out of bed. ;)

Exactly.

Trust me, you wouldn't kick Netcat out of bed. ;)

That's what I am saying, it is unfair for her to get snubbed when someone who's qualified, posted a picture when the others have not. With the exception for ARQ and Redhead. They qualify.

• Like 1

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule about not revealing what/who people voted for!!!!

Alfie.....idle down a notch. You always way overreact to the most innocent comments. I used my one vote on SLAA I think. If I had two votes then Net would have gotten in.

Taking away personality bias, Net is physically the hottest regular poster on here. I am surprised she didn't get more votes. We weren't complaining or making a personal atrack against you.

KK......simmer down Bro!!!

She's cute for a Nazi.

peter-nazi-o.gif

:P

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure there is a rule about not revealing what/who people voted for!!!!

Alfie.....idle down a notch. You always way overreact to the most innocent comments. I used my one vote on SLAA I think. If I had two votes then Net would have gotten in.

Taking away personality bias, Net is physically the hottest regular poster on here. I am surprised she didn't get more votes. We weren't complaining or making a personal atrack against you.

KK......simmer down Bro!!!

She's pretty hot bro.

As in, yes, I would.

:shrugs:

:lol:

I take what I said on the first page back. KK has the drunk posting thing in the bag. Is there a crying wife somewhere near your computer, KK?

No, the beauty of this all is that I am single.

So no, no one is being "hurt" by me saying women are "hot".

I love being single in my man cave.

I am literally living every man;s dream.

It's fucking awesome.

:thumbsup:

I take what I said on the first page back. KK has the drunk posting thing in the bag. Is there a crying wife somewhere near your computer, KK?

No, the beauty of this all is that I am single.

So no, no one is being "hurt" by me saying women are "hot".

I love being single in my man cave.

I am literally living every man;s dream.

It's fucking awesome.

:thumbsup:

Now, that does not surprise me.

• Like 1