Annual MyGNRForum Awards 2014 - Voting Round 2 - Finals

Powerage5

Lenny..........you are like Kobe or Michael Jordan saying his contract "isn't about the money" while you take a $25 million dollar a year contract. You've been nominated for 23 forum awards so you can blow it off and say they aren't serious. But to the rest of us, this is srs business. I desperately want to change my signature line to "Voted best poster in (any category) in 2014."

And wth? Who are you! An 80s teenage chick click reference?

The biggest controversy and tragedy is that WFA didn't get best poster in My World.

There really is no point trying to analyse these votes guys. If you saw the spreadsheet you would understand. Many of the people nominated are only there because of one or two votes. Not enough people voted to make this remotely credible overall.

Off the top of my head the only genuine front running (as in voted by a large majority ) category nominees are Downzy, Angelica and Reckless Road. Lenny got a lot of votes but spread across a lot of categories as did P4A.

So please remember whether you win or lose you are not as popular/unpopular as this suggests!

We are all winners here.

*group hug*

• Like 3

Fixed the title. Thanks to everyone for tearing me apart over that typo, love you guys! :hug:

Regarding TM - it was a deliberate decision on my part to exclude him and not Broski. We (alife and I) talked about not counting votes for banned members at all, but I decided that doesn't really reflect the year accurately. First of all, Broski and TM are the only banned members that got the top 3 in any category, and it's not like they got the top 3 in a bunch of categories; for TM there was only one category where he got multiple votes. The reason I decided to allow Broski in still but not TM is because Broski doesn't make an effort to come back here on an alt account with the sole intention of spamming with threads to attack individual members the way TM does every few weeks/months. Broski got banned and that was that - not the case with TM. And I don't see any good reason we should even give someone with that sort of behavior to even have a possibility of winning an award.

Call it rigging votes or whatever you want to do if you disagree with me, but I don't think it's right to reward TM for the way he acts :shrugs:

• Like 3

Fixed the title. Thanks to everyone for tearing me apart over that typo, love you guys! :hug:

Regarding TM - it was a deliberate decision on my part to exclude him and not Broski. We (alife and I) talked about not counting votes for banned members at all, but I decided that doesn't really reflect the year accurately. First of all, Broski and TM are the only banned members that got the top 3 in any category, and it's not like they got the top 3 in a bunch of categories; for TM there was only one category where he got multiple votes. The reason I decided to allow Broski in still but not TM is because Broski doesn't make an effort to come back here on an alt account with the sole intention of spamming with threads to attack individual members the way TM does every few weeks/months. Broski got banned and that was that - not the case with TM. And I don't see any good reason we should even give someone with that sort of behavior to even have a possibility of winning an award.

Call it rigging votes or whatever you want to do if you disagree with me, but I don't think it's right to reward TM for the way he acts :shrugs:

That was more than I would have done. Banned/Former members need not apply.

My 2 cents.

I sense another "I VOW TO NEVER RETURN TO MYGNR" meltdown following this statement very soon.

Great post, P5.

• Like 1

I'm sure TM will be devastated that he doesn't have the possibility of winning a forum award. lol

Well, I would hope not. I've always liked TM. From the beginning.

That being said, he doesn't warrant a nomination or award, imo. This is about current members showing other current members that they are appreciated.

Can't I just do the thing where you vote for Pappy for every category?

:lol:

Exactly. The fact that neither Pappy or you were not even nominated for any categories, shows that this is simply a popularity contest.

That being said, I've won a few of these in the past....and it does feel good to get recognized. But people need realize what they are. Similar to the Grammy's or the Oscar's, the right person doesn't always win. It's about who is the most popular and/or active at the time. (With exceptions, of course....;))

I'm sure TM will be devastated that he doesn't have the possibility of winning a forum award. lol

Well, I would hope not. I've always liked TM. From the beginning.

That being said, he doesn't warrant a nomination or award, imo. This is about current members showing other current members that they are appreciated.

He still had the best thread title though. And I believe, he wasn't the one who came up with that, but one of the mods did. The combination of TM and Deep thoughts made me laugh. I liked it. :lol:

Exactly. The fact that neither Pappy or you were not even nominated for any categories, shows that this is simply a popularity contest.

That being said, I've won a few of these in the past....and it does feel good to get recognized. But people need realize what they are. Similar to the Grammy's or the Oscar's, the right person doesn't always win. It's about who is the most popular and/or active at the time. (With exceptions, of course....;))

They did both get at least one vote from somebody for something I think. Most regular posters who have been here one year + and not name changed were recognised by someone. That was sort of the problem though, everyone picked someone different in most categories. I think we would need around fifty members upwards voting to start getting a fair picture.

• Like 2

That being said, I've won a few of these in the past....and it does feel good to get recognized. But people need realize what they are. Similar to the Grammy's or the Oscar's, the right person doesn't always win. It's about who is the most popular and/or active at the time. (With exceptions, of course.... ;))

They did both get at least one vote from somebody for something I think. Most regular posters who have been here one year + and not name changed were recognised by someone. That was sort of the problem though, everyone picked someone different in most categories. I think we would need around fifty members upwards voting to start getting a fair picture.

I think the most fair and logical option next year would be to just let me pick the top 3 nominees in each category and then let the common posters vote on who should win.

• Like 1

This all looks so fun, maybe I should spend more time on AG to know all these other posters who don't post on D&N. Seriously, I have no idea who some of the nominated posters are and why they are there.

Honestly, even for Alfie and I, there were a few people that got nominated for something that we had NO clue who they are.

This all looks so fun, maybe I should spend more time on AG to know all these other posters who don't post on D&N. Seriously, I have no idea who some of the nominated posters are and why they are there.

Honestly, even for Alfie and I, there were a few people that got nominated for something that we had NO clue who they are.

WFA explained up thread who queenie is...and I'm still none the wiser!