2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

So Jeff Blake says that all teams do it and Fran Tarkenton say it's no big deal.

And now people are quoting Richard Sherman as the voice to listen to? SMH.

People love to hate on those that are successful. Weird trait, but what can you do.

Oh, I was shocked to see that the most successful team of the past decade as the fewest turnovers over the same period. In other mind shattering news - the NBA team with the best record over the last decade also has the least amount of turn overs. And the MLB team with the best record over the last decade, oddly enough, has scored more runs than any other team in the last decade.

BRAN - no comment on the controversy that should be surrounding Andy Dalton and Danny Woodhead?????

the thing people keep forgetting when bringing up jeff blake,brad johnson and fran tarkenton is before brady and manning wanted the rules changed the home team supplied footballs were supplied the footballs for BOTH teams, so jeff blake deflates the footballs for better grip, the other team gets the same advantage. this is not the case with the patriots, they and they alone had the benefit, so what tarkenton and blake says is meaningless. as for sherman what is wrong with him? the guy from all indications is a very intelligent person and went to stanford, so why dismiss what he says?

as for the baseball analogy imagine one team playing with a japanese baseball and one playing with a regulation US baseball.......

as for turnovers yes teams that win the turnover battle have a winning percentage of .750 i already posted statistics from the wall street journal and other places that show after the rule change of 2006(that brady fought for) the fumble prevention the patriots have showed is impossible. like i said this is all running in circles, the numbers are the numbers.

as for dalton and woodhead i cant comment on something i dont know, what did andy dalton or danny woodhead do or not do?

Edited by bran

So Jeff Blake says that all teams do it and Fran Tarkenton say it's no big deal.

People love to hate on those that are successful. Weird trait, but what can you do.

Oh, I was shocked to see that the most successful team of the past decade as the fewest turnovers over the same period. In other mind shattering news - the NBA team with the best record over the last decade also has the least amount of turn overs. And the MLB team with the best record over the last decade, oddly enough, has scored more runs than any other team in the last decade.

BRAN - no comment on the controversy that should be surrounding Andy Dalton and Danny Woodhead?????

I don't get what you argument is here Apollo? What the Pats did was against the rules and they have a history of breaking or stretching the rules. Is it a major infraction? Probably not, but it is still against the rules and when you figure in Belichicks history it makes it a bigger deal then it should be.

And of course it is magnified by how successful the Pats are. Nobody would give a shite if the Raiders did it. Comes with the territory...........In any case they broke the rules and they should be punished for it.

So what you are saying is because other people cheat what the Pat did is o.k.?

I don't get what you argument is here Apollo? What the Pats did was against the rules and they have a history of breaking or stretching the rules. Is it a major infraction? Probably not, but it is still against the rules and when you figure in Belichicks history it makes it a bigger deal then it should be.

And of course it is magnified by how successful the Pats are. Nobody would give a shite if the Raiders did it. Comes with the territory...........In any case they broke the rules and they should be punished for it.

So what you are saying is because other people cheat what the Pat did is o.k.?

im just curious of what andy dalton did :lol:

But that's not what the data is suggesting. It's more than just the Patriots having fewer turnovers/fumbles than any other team. It's that the difference between them and other teams is significantly bigger than what is acceptable from a statistical perspective.

If the second best team in the MLB scores 200 home runs and the best team HITS 500 home runs, and the average is 100 home runs (this over five or six season), don't you think it's more than just one team being a bit better than the others? Like I said, the Patriots aren't just a little better with respect to fumbles-to-plays ratios, they're wayyyyyy better than other teams. Now that it's been found that ball tampering happened in this one game, the question is, doesn't this explain the significant difference in performance the past five or so years?

• Like 2

But that's not what the data is suggesting. It's more than just the Patriots having fewer turnovers/fumbles than any other team. It's that the difference between them and other teams is significantly bigger than what is acceptable from a statistical perspective.

If the second best team in the MLB scores 200 home runs and the best team HITS 500 home runs, and the average is 100 home runs (this over five or six season), don't you think it's more than just one team being a bit better than the others? Like I said, the Patriots aren't just a little better with respect to fumbles-to-plays ratios, they're wayyyyyy better than other teams. Now that it's been found that ball tampering happened in this one game, the question is, doesn't this explain the significant difference in performance the past five or so years?

exactly the wallstreet journal showed that 6 players danny amendola,brandon lafell,benjarvus green ellis,danny woodhead,lagarrette blount, wes welker fumbled the ball 8 times in 1,482 touches of the football. that is 1 fumble for every 185.3 touches while on other teams they fumbled 22 times in 1,701 touches or 1 fumble per 77.3 touches.

bill belichick didnt just start deflating footballs all of a sudden and for 0 reason against the colts in november and against the colts again in january. just like spygate this probably goes on for a while(at least since the rule change) you can look up the stats of fumbles starting with the rule change and its just impossible to have those kinds of numbers, especially playing in new england 8 games a year in cold and horrible conditions, not to mention going up to buffalo in the winter. to me these stats are the most damning thing in this whole situation.

NA-CE410_COUNT_G_20150123170332.jpg

Edited by downzy

Marshawn Lynch is a fucking douchebag. Can't belive anyone thinks this guys schtick is cool, funny or badass. I've never seen anyone try so hard to be a rebel. he just comes off liek a massive prick. I hope he fumbles 6 times and the Patriots kill the Seahawks 54-9. Although I'm predicting more like 31-17 Patriots

A.A Ron Rodgers won MVP

JJ Watt won Defensive Player of the Year (unanimously)

DeMarco Murray won Offensive Player of the Year

MVP Voting Results: Rodgers - 31, Watt - 13, Romo - 2, Murray - 2, Brady - 1, Wagner (lol...)- 1

So Watt got all the votes for DPoY, yet Bobby Wagner somehow got an MVP vote :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

A.A Ron Rodgers won MVP

MVP Voting Results: Rodgers - 31, Watt - 13, Romo - 2, Murray - 2, Brady - 1, Wagner (lol...)- 1

So Watt got all the votes for DPoY, yet Bobby Wagner somehow got an MVP vote :lol:

basically what was expected and i think they got it right. also the hall of fame class was a really solid one and im glad tim brown got in.

• Like 1

A.A Ron Rodgers won MVP

basically what was expected and i think they got it right. also the hall of fame class was a really solid one and im glad tim brown got in.

Indeed. He definitely deserved it.

Also, I guess Tony Dungy voted for Bobby Wagner. Someone should take his vote away...

• Like 1