2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

So Jerry Rice admitted he used an illegal substance on his gloves ..............Cleveland is about to get in trouble for illegal communication between coaches..........and the Vikings are in trouble for illegally pumping in crowd noise during actual games...............

Those three things really had a huge effect on the integrity of the game. All three cheating situations gave the home team a huge advantage over their opponents.

I really feel sorry for them all, because I know people will now label Jerry Rice, the Browns and the Vikings (and their coaches) as cheaters for the next 75 years and downgrade anything and everything they accomplish (or accomplished) on the football field.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am watching NFL Live right now.

Seems to me that there are plenty of questionable 'characters' drafted this year.

I don't understand why it is difficult for people to refrain from murdering, raping others, smacking their girlfriend, doing drugs among other illegal acts when they are on their way to make MILLIONS of dollars.

I mean, it's one thing if they don't care. If they truly don't care though, I wouldn't understand why they are playing college football to begin with. You think they would be thrilled to be a part of the National Football League and do their best to stay in line.

those texts between the 2 locker room attendants say it all, and the text between brady and one of the locker room attendants (after meeting him in the qb room for the first time in the attendants 20+ years working for the patriots the day after the AFC championship game) are all that needs to be said, pretty damning stuff. one of the attendants called himself "the deflater" :facepalm:

my favorite is after the jets game in october brady bitched about the footballs, the next text between the attendants read something like

"fuck tom, next game he is getting fucking balloons" :lol:

brady will probably get a 10,000 fine and the patriots docked a 7th rounder.

Edited by bran

This would be nothing but hilarious if it weren't a cultural trend that those at the top get a slap on the wrist at worst while those at the bottom have their lives destroyed. We'll see if Goodell has any balls. I suspect not.

• Like 1

This would be nothing but hilarious if it weren't a cultural trend that those at the top get a slap on the wrist at worst while those at the bottom have their lives destroyed. We'll see if Goodell has any balls. I suspect not.

he wont do anything to hurt his boy kraft.

" i got a big needle for you this week"

" it better be surrounded by cash and a set of new kicks, or its rugby sunday"

the guy basically threatened to go to espn back in the fall, this shit has been going on for years and goodell will let them walk on strike 2, when any other team would be nailed to the wall.

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a fuckin balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs fucked us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: Fuck tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

McNally: Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so tom can get used to it before sunday

Jastremski: Omg

Jastremski: Can‟t wait to give you your needle this week :)

McNally: Fuck tom....make sure the pump is attached to the needle.....fuckin watermelons coming

Jastremski: So angry

McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week

McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday

McNally: You working

Jastremski: Yup

McNally: Nice dude...jimmy needs some kicks...lets make a deal...come on help the deflator

McNally: Chill buddy im just fuckin with you...im not going to espn...yet

tom brady later sent mcnally 2 autographed footballs and an autographed game worn jersey.......

:rofl-lol:

That guy is kinda funny. "Fuckin watermelons coming" :lol:

i hope the guy writes a tell all book when he gets shit canned guy is hilarious.

alot of the damning stuff is on page 112-113 its about the independent study done to see if the whole "nature did it" defense the patriots were using was full of shit(which it was)

It's not really a question of whether the balls were deflated. That's fact at this point. I don't know about the refs. Who knows whether it's something that's immediately noticeable when you touch the balls.

lol touch the balls

its harder to tell if your wearing gloves. growing up as kids here in new england(the irony :lol:) we used to deflate footballs in the winter so we could grip them better when playing pickup games. the thing is when wearing gloves it was harder to tell anything was different, but when you take off the gloves and get your bare hand around the laces you could then notice how much better the grip was. im not saying thats why the refs didnt notice it but just from my experience as a kid.

"McNally‟s responsibilities with the Patriots previously came under review by the NFL in connection with an incident involving game balls in 2004. According to a letter dated November 2, 2004, from then-NFL Director of Game Operations Peter Hadhazy and a memorandum dated October 25, 2004, from Richard Farley, the NFL Security Representative assigned to New England, that incident involved Patriots ball boys relaying supposed “approved” game balls that actually were non-approved practice balls to a game official during an October 25, 2004 regular season game."

apparently the patriots werent all that cooperative

"As noted, there was a significant exception to the cooperation provided by the Patriots. Although we requested a follow-up interview of Jim McNally after our initial interview, counsel for the Patriots refused our request. We offered to conduct the interview at any time or location that would be convenient for McNally, and explained—both in writing and in-person during other meetings—that our follow-up questions would be limited to subject matter directly relevant to the investigation that was developed following our initial interview with McNally.
McNally was one of the earliest Patriots personnel interviewed by our investigative team and a number of important follow-up questions had arisen based on subsequent interviews and information discovered after our initial interview of McNally. Counsel for the Patriots, however, declined to produce McNally, and communicated an unwillingness even to advise McNally of our request for a follow-up interview. We do not know definitively whether McNally was, in fact, informed of our request. The investigative process would have benefited from further questioning of McNally on certain topics, and we believe that the actions of the Patriots and their counsel in this regard are inconsistent both with the club‟s public pronouncements of full cooperation with the investigation and its obligations under Section 2 of the Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules.
We made written requests to counsel for the Patriots on February 28, March 2, 3, 9 and 17 for a follow-up interview with McNally. Counsel for the Patriots repeatedly refused to make McNally available for a reinterview claiming, among other things, that McNally lived more than an hour away and already had missed work at his full-time job to attend earlier interviews. In addition, counsel for the Patriots asked that we provide in advance the subjects we proposed to cover, submit written interrogatories, and stated that “you have given me very little incentive or basis to try to get him back once more.” As noted above, we offered to meet with McNally at any time and any location that was convenient and explained that it would not be appropriate from an investigative standpoint to disclose in advance the specific subjects we intended to cover. We cautioned counsel for the Patriots in writing that: the “refusal to make Mr. McNally available for a brief follow-up interview raises serious concerns and is inconsistent with the obligations of the Patriots under the League Rules to provide „full support and cooperation‟ in the investigation. We also believe it is inconsistent with the public expressions of cooperation by the Patriots.” Counsel for the Patriots continued to refuse to make McNally available as requested.
Patriots personnel explained that the footage captured by security cameras in Gillette Stadium isoverwritten every 10 days as a regular practice. We were, therefore, unable to review footage filmed during prior Patriots home games, which may have proved useful.