The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Can you guys help me with an actual serious issue I'm having?

I've had numerous opportunities at having girls, dates, relationships in the last 4 months. Not even "serious relationships", even just dating. But every time I feel someone getting close and starting to like me, I push them away or back off and become distant. I've never been like that; only after what my last ex did. Why am I being like this, shutting down as soon as someone becomes truly interested? I feel bad. I'm not trying to be mean or confusing. I just, someone being close emotionally actually makes me uncomfortable and it never did before what Erica did.

To be honest I think the only way anyone can help you is telling you to get professional help. And this goes to everyone else with SERIOUS ISSUES.

We can't help you here, I'm sorry. We can give minor advice and share our experiences, that's it. You need a PROFESSIONAL (psychologist, therapist..).

Edited by Is0tope
  • Like 1

Can you guys help me with an actual serious issue I'm having?

I've had numerous opportunities at having girls, dates, relationships in the last 4 months. Not even "serious relationships", even just dating. But every time I feel someone getting close and starting to like me, I push them away or back off and become distant. I've never been like that; only after what my last ex did. Why am I being like this, shutting down as soon as someone becomes truly interested? I feel bad. I'm not trying to be mean or confusing. I just, someone being close emotionally actually makes me uncomfortable and it never did before what Erica did.

Why are you being like this?

From one fake Doctor to another, I'd say the reason you are like that are because you're a complete and utter nutjob and you've all the makings of a serial killer.

And before you start romanticizing about how cool you are because someone said you're an utter nutjob and serial killer in the making I must stress that I mean a totally uncool utter nutjob and one of the extra super creepy, uncool serial killers like Dahmer.

Serial killers have an urge to kill people based on fantasies that is insatiable. They abuse animals as children, and have a fascination with fire (a good chunk do anyway), they are also sociopaths. I have no interest in killing anybody; too much time and effort to begin with and I've never physically hurt anyone anyway. Just not my thing. I never hurt animals as a kid and I'd be too afraid of fire to be fascinated by it. I'm also a Narcissist, different disorder. So how I have "all the makings of a serial killer", I don't see your logic. As for "utter nutjob", more like, deeply depressed.

Serial killers have an urge to kill people based on fantasies that is insatiable. They abuse animals as children, and have a fascination with fire (a good chunk do anyway), they are also sociopaths. I have no interest in killing anybody; too much time and effort to begin with and I've never physically hurt anyone anyway. Just not my thing. I never hurt animals as a kid and I'd be too afraid of fire to be fascinated by it. I'm also a Narcissist, different disorder. So how I have "all the makings of a serial killer", I don't see your logic. As for "utter nutjob", more like, deeply depressed.

Fuck that shit.. you ain't no serial killer, ignore that shit. Deeply depressed though, do you or do you not have a therapist? If you do, visit him/her more frequently. If you don't, get one.

We can't help with mental issues here, none of us. The way I see it this thread is for "normal problems", when it gets more serious, there are people out there who help other people with those problems for a living.

I'm gonna repeat this as many times as you try to seek help from this forum and I do it because I'm wishing all the best for you.

Edited by Is0tope
  • Like 1

Well, I know you shits don't care but I'm going to post some positivity in Lith's abomination of a threat (just kidding)

Chicago was fucking great, I drove to her place in Ann Arbor, MI on Friday and we drove to my friend's in Kalamazoo. Chilled with him for the night and went to Chicago the next morning. I got us a kick ass hotel that blew her away, we met up with a friend of hers a few times, went swimming for 5 minutes, took her to a fucking awesome restaurant with a massive whiskey collection, went to a comedy show and I got drunk, and we utilized the hotel room quite a bit...

Then yesterday we chilled in the room some more, got Lou Malnati's (best pizza ever), and went to a jazz club. I drove us home and we got back at her place at 4 am. Tired as fuck, but at least I get to just chill here all day while she works.

There were some other... awesome moments, but I don't think I have to go into detail anymore with those

I'm broke as hell now, but it was worth it

Edited by ZoSoRose

Well, I know you shits don't care but I'm going to post some positivity in Lith's abomination of a threat (just kidding)

Chicago was fucking great, I drove to her place in Ann Arbor, MI on Friday and we drove to my friend's in Kalamazoo. Chilled with him for the night and went to Chicago the next morning. I got us a kick ass hotel that blew her away, we met up with a friend of hers a few times, went swimming for 5 minutes, took her to a fucking awesome restaurant with a massive whiskey collection, went to a comedy show and I got drunk, and we utilized the hotel room quite a bit...

Then yesterday we chilled in the room some more, got Lou Malnati's (best pizza ever), and went to a jazz club. I drove us home and we got back at her place at 4 am. Tired as fuck, but at least I get to just chill here all day while she works.

There were some other... awesome moments, but I don't think I have to go into detail anymore with those

INTERCOURSE!!!!

Haven't been laid in a month and I've gained 10 lbs.

Hey, work takes a lot out of me and I live with my grandma. :lol:

But whatever, I'll get my own place as soon as I get my next paycheck. I'm happy. That's all that matters.

I've got options if I want to stick my dick in something but I'm not going through pussy withdrawal yet.

INTERCOURSE!!!!
PENNSYLVANIA!!!!
  • Like 1

If you're concerned with power in a relationship, it doesn't seem like youre thinking long term.

No dating relationship should take THAT much work and effort.

A marriage? Maybe.

But just two people dating, especially if it's in the first year of dating - hell no.

Dating somebody shouldn't be hard, a job, work, etc - if it is, then the two people aren't meant to be together.

I'm exiting this since you're all under the impression that we're both obsessed by being the boss, and that it occupies our minds on every decision. It was simply a realisation that I'm actually more of a decision maker now whereas 2-3 months ago I wasnt.

That's completely natural that my confidence would grow as I get used to being in a relationship after so long single. It's not something that suddenly switched overnight, and things are back to normal.

No power struggle, no hard work, we've just slotted back together and picked up where we left off. It's good, and we appreciate and understand each other more because of the past week.

It's going to be an odd week or two as we get completely back to normal, but everything feels right again - she's told me that much, and I feel it too.

You've been really vague about what happened and whats been going on so can you blame us?

I'm exiting this since you're all under the impression that we're both obsessed by being the boss, and that it occupies our minds on every decision. It was simply a realisation that I'm actually more of a decision maker now whereas 2-3 months ago I wasnt.

That's completely natural that my confidence would grow as I get used to being in a relationship after so long single. It's not something that suddenly switched overnight, and things are back to normal.

No power struggle, no hard work, we've just slotted back together and picked up where we left off. It's good, and we appreciate and understand each other more because of the past week.

It's going to be an odd week or two as we get completely back to normal, but everything feels right again - she's told me that much, and I feel it too.

I haven't been following your situation very closely, so I could be completely off base.

But from the few posts I've read..........it's too much work.

Dating is supposed to be fun. Your descriptions make it sound like way too much "work" is going on. You are talking about personal life changes or things that are changing who you (and her) are as people........that's a lot of weight to attach to a specific relationship. And then trying to make all those changes "work" or fit into the current relationship. You sound like a married couple that went through a major tragedy and are now trying to sort things out to make sure you still fit together.

• Like 1

I signed up for a dating site, never really use it, but if I find someone that looks interesting I will message them.. But i prefer finding dates the old fashioned way.

Anyways, long story short, in a couple weeks I will be starting a job on a house, and this dame that uses the site lives at this house.

this will be kindof awkward

Edited by GUNSNROSES513