The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok here i go again...swallow the stone?? please translate :D

Dates have a stone in em right?  The seed, the pip, whatever its called.  I was making light of the stereotype that northerners are dumb by making the joke that they are not allowed to eat dates until they are 18 in case they swallow the stone and choke, in the same way you cant let toddlers play with plastic bags in case they suffocate themselves.  

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Dates have a stone in em right?  The seed, the pip, whatever its called.  I was making light of the stereotype that northerners are dumb by making the joke that they are not allowed to eat dates until they are 18 in case they swallow the stone and choke, in the same way you cant let toddlers play with plastic bags in case they suffocate themselves.  

ah i see! now you made me want dates...bacon wrapped preferably :P i have had a stomach bug the last two days and i am starving but can't keep anything down. is that TMI?? :lol:

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ah i see! now you made me want dates...bacon wrapped preferably :P i have had a stomach bug the last two days and i am starving but can't keep anything down. is that TMI?? :lol:

Bacon wrapped dates?!?  Well, you're original I'll give you that :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ok so not sure this is the right place to put this so plz remove if it is not. idk if anyone here is familiar with the show 90 Day Fiance but here is what the description is:

"Long-distance relationships have challenges that are sometimes difficult to overcome but consider if the distance traveled was halfway around the world and a couple had just 90 days to decide whether the courtship should conclude with marriage. That's the situation facing the men and women profiled in this series, which shares the complexities of international romances. Using a visa that allows foreign fiancees of American citizens to travel to the U.S., the men and women experience life in the States with their prospective mates for the first time. Culture and language barriers must be overcome -- not to mention the stigma of being thought of as mail-order spouses -- but here's the elephant in the room: The couples must marry before the visas expire in 90 days, or else the visitors have to immediately return to their countries. With the clock ticking, these couples discover if their "happily ever after" is meant to be." but IMO it's mostly people who want green cards though there have been a couple "happy endings".

anyway, one of the most vile people on this show was this dude from Tunisia who glommed on to this ( and i don't want to sound mean ) obese, not attractive and definitely lonely and not too bright woman. anyway this reminded me of a "relationship" i was in ( and even though now i know what it was, at the time i thought it was a relationship.) anyway, many years back someone dared me to go into an AOL chatroom so i did and it was skeezy but kinda exciting. so i decided i'd check out the Yahoo chats. yikes! they made the AOL ones look like a walk in the park. i was swarmed by tons of PM's, and as i was trying to wade my way through them all one stood out...screenname was something like Smiling Through A Broken Heart. so i got rid of all the other PM's, got out of the chat and started to chat one in one w/this guy. his name was Ahmed and he was from this teeny little town in Egypt called Disuq. he had a webcam and he looked really cute. and he was very sweet. i sent him a few pics and he was very complimentary ( oh the ego stroking was great. ) anyway, we starting PMing every day. i even got a webcam and it was very gratifying to see him looking at me the whole time we were talking making these goo goo eyes at me. this started in May 2007 and lasted until November. he gave me some story that his parents were making him do an arranged marriage. i was kinda heartbroken so i decided i'd go back and try talking with other people. OMG, i got so many messages from foreign guys in places like Syria, Lebanon, Qatar and most of them got right to the point...marry me, bring me to the USA, i need a green card blah blah blah. one guy said ( when i turned him down ) why? we can get divorced it's no big deal. really??? i was disgusted. then at Christmas Ahmed came back in the picture. he claimed he stood up to his father after refusing to go through with the arranged marriage, he'd moved out of his parents house and was now in Alexandria having gone into business with a friend, a net cafe ( which is where most of these guys went to chat up the women they were trying to get green cards from. ) stupidly i thought ah but Ahmed is different, he doesn't even want to come to America. then he made a big mistake...he invited me to join this social media site and gave me the name he went by there. maybe he didn't think i'd move so fast but i was registered in a New York minute and went right to his profile. saw all his MANY ( like over 200 ) friends...all women! so i called him out on it and he said oh they all friended ME and i felt too bad to refuse them. HA! riiiiiiiight. but at this point i wanted to see how this would play out. by Valentine's Day he started telling me how bad the business was, how he'd borrowed money from some shady characters, how they were going to hurt him if he could not pay and maybe, just maybe this once i could "loan" him some money. how much? i asked. oh just TWO THOUSAND dollars he replied. i hemmed and hawed and finally i said sorry Ahmed i don't have that kind of cash. well, we chatted for about a month more then in March he told me he was leaving to work in Disuq and he wouldn't be able to chat anymore. at this point i decided to call him out on all the lies he'd told me. he called me a crazy American whore and that was that.

until the other day. when we first started chatting i'd given him my AOL screenname. so i was there ( i don't chat there anymore but i have my email there ) and who should pop up in my IM's? yep....HIM. he told me he had come to America, lived in Petaluma ( very fishy since i had told him that was where i went to high school and it's a very small town. ) he said he had married ( apparently someone fell for his story ) but they'd divorced ( i believe that, that is pretty much what most of these guys do ) but he was back in Egypt. he was coming back to America to work with his cousin who owned a gas station....in TEXAS, where i had told him i was born and raised. so i asked him, why did you message me after all this time?? he says cos i felt bad and wanted to say sorry. riiiiiight. before he could ask for money i said ok well sure i accept your apology, have a great life and i blocked his ass. i changed my password and made sure my Norton and other protection was intact in case he tried to hack me ( oh yeah, after the last "break up" i got a notice someone was trying to login on my Yahoo, the name i made that only HE knew. ) so idk, maybe this is an online relationship cautionary tale? just felt the need to share i guess....maybe TMI but it is what it is.

Show sounds like the definition of why I hate television...

I guess the problem you describe isn't really confined to online relationships (though the online element of proceedings may make it easier for someone to disguise their real motive), some people have met and married people in real life who've turned out to be purely exploiting them for money or access to a country or whatever.

It's more of a problem with people, and online dating is just another medium for people to do what they do, good or bad, the medium itself is pretty neutral...

With so many relationships beginning online these days, I'm sure plenty of them succeed and are utterly magical for those involved... But if you end up going into every relationship in your future with your dominant thought being "what if this person is just using me" then it's really sad that so much damage has been done, seeing someone's good intentions and willingness to put faith in others ripped apart is one of the things I hate most in the world.

• Like 1

Is he one of those catfishing people? That's scary.

I met a guy online about twenty years ago, seemed to have a lot in common. I was a single mom in Virginia and he lived across the state line in North Carolina. We would talk on the phone all the time, seemed like a nice guy. Then he told me would mail me his pic, sometimes I am too trusting, so I gave him my address. Then about a week later he called and said he was on the way to my apartment, uninvited... kinda creeped me out. The mail had just come and I saw a letter from him, which was really pushy, sexual in nature and his pic. Not at all how he described himself, he looked liked Charles Manson's younger brother or something. Anyway, I called a guy friend who came and stayed with me for a couple of days. The dude made it to town but this was before GPS and luckily he couldn't find my place. He started calling and threatening me after he went back to NC.  then this lady started calling me, saying she was his girlfriend and to stay away from him. I told her I had no intention of ever meeting him.  I moved to another apartment. Never will try online anything again, too risky.

Be careful, this is the kind of thing where people end up dead like on TV crime shows.

Which reminds me of something else.... when I was first married to m first husband, he had to spend six weekends in jail due to DUIs. We were living in a rather new apartment complex, some friends we had made there had told us about a couple that had lived in our apartment before us, the dude had been very abusive and she broke up with him, he had cut her brakes on her car, she crashed and was paralyzed and in a wheelchair. On one of the weekends my ex was in jail, about 1 am, this dude started banging on my door yelling "Shelly, I know you are there, let me in"....I was all alone, scared to death, I kept yelling no one named Shelly was in my apartment. I ended up calling our neighbor, who came up to see who it was and it was the dude, he had just been let out of jail for attempted murder. The neighbor knew him and finally convinced him she was not living there anymore. I had stood there with a huge butcher knife in my hand terrified until the neighbor came and told me it was ok....:facepalm:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
added

30 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Show sounds like the definition of why I hate television...

I guess the problem you describe isn't really confined to online relationships (though the online element of proceedings may make it easier for someone to disguise their real motive), some people have met and married people in real life who've turned out to be purely exploiting them for money or access to a country or whatever.

It's more of a problem with people, and online dating is just another medium for people to do what they do, good or bad, the medium itself is pretty neutral...

With so many relationships beginning online these days, I'm sure plenty of them succeed and are utterly magical for those involved... But if you end up going into every relationship in your future with your dominant thought being "what if this person is just using me" then it's really sad that so much damage has been done, seeing someone's good intentions and willingness to put faith in others ripped apart is one of the things I hate most in the world.

of course it's not confined to online relationships...i know of many people, men and women alike, who are,for lack of a better term, gold diggers. i was just relating what happened to me. i stayed on that social site and i saw MANY men doing the same thing to women ( i suppose women were doing it as well. ) anyway one in particular stood out to me. there was this nice old woman ( and i mean old as like mid 70's at least. ) anyway, she was being courted by this man who was using a fake pic ( i knew because it was of an actor i know very well. ) so i reported him to the site and that pic was taken down only to be replaced by a pic of ANOTHER actor! finally that was taken down and showed his real pic. he was not really attractive IMO but he was YEARS older than her. but it did not matter to this woman. several people i had friended on the site told me what eventually happened. she brought him to America where he promptly married her, waited til he got his green card and divorced her! then he contacted some other women on the site and said he was divorcing her because she was not as "rich" as he had thought, she had dentures ( she was like 80 at this point ) had her breasts removed ( duh! she had breast cancer ) and wore a wig ( not sure if it was because of the cancer or just how some women, just like men, have extreme hair thinning later in life. ) and he wanted a young,hot rich new woman now, smfh...

so i am not trying to be a downer or whatever it is you're implying, i just want some people to be aware that SOME people are not nice, they will hurt you and take advantage online because it seems like the online thing is exploding with these scammers! take care in real life as well! geez...

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

of course it's not confined to online relationships...i know of many people, men and women alike, who are,for lack of a better term, gold diggers. i was just relating what happened to me. i stayed on that social site and i saw MANY men doing the same thing to women ( i suppose women were doing it as well. ) anyway one in particular stood out to me. there was this nice old woman ( and i mean old as like mid 70's at least. ) anyway, she was being courted by this man who was using a fake pic ( i knew because it was of an actor i know very well. ) so i reported him to the site and that pic was taken down only to be replaced by a pic of ANOTHER actor! finally that was taken down and showed his real pic. he was not really attractive IMO but he was YEARS older than her. but it did not matter to this woman. several people i had friended on the site told me what eventually happened. she brought him to America where he promptly married her, waited til he got his green card and divorced her! then he contacted some other women on the site and said he was divorcing her because she was not as "rich" as he had thought, she had dentures ( she was like 80 at this point ) had her breasts removed ( duh! she had breast cancer ) and wore a wig ( not sure if it was because of the cancer or just how some women, just like men, have extreme hair thinning later in life. ) and he wanted a young,hot rich new woman now, smfh...

so i am not trying to be a downer or whatever it is you're implying, i just want some people to be aware that SOME people are not nice, they will hurt you and take advantage online because it seems like the online thing is exploding with these scammers! take care in real life as well! geez...

I wasn't implying anything about you at all, I think you've got your head screwed on :). I was just saying that the problems you've been describing have been happening for as long as human courtship has existed, it's just that the internet is a new platform for these things to proliferate upon.

I wasn't really making a strong argument either way, that online dating is a wonderful opportunity or a den of iniquity. More that it can be either... I just think it's a shame that some people who initially approach romance (online or not) with an open heart end up getting burned by people who're looking to exploit them and become cynical. It was a general observation stemming from the story you told rather than a criticism of yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, Graeme said:

I wasn't implying anything about you at all, I think you've got your head screwed on :). I was just saying that the problems you've been describing have been happening for as long as human courtship has existed, it's just that the internet is a new platform for these things to proliferate upon.

I wasn't really making a strong argument either way, that online dating is a wonderful opportunity or a den of iniquity. More that it can be either... I just think it's a shame that some people who initially approach romance (online or not) with an open heart end up getting burned by people who're looking to exploit them and become cynical. It was a general observation stemming from the story you told rather than a criticism of yourself.

sorry about that...been up for almost 48 hours, very bad flooding here. it is a shame. i am a hopeless romantic and i go into every relationship with a very open heart and i wish everyone could have that perfect soul mate relationship :)

19 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sorry about that...been up for almost 48 hours, very bad flooding here. it is a shame. i am a hopeless romantic and i go into every relationship with a very open heart and i wish everyone could have that perfect soul mate relationship :)

I know that feeling very well.  I have been hurt badly several times and no matter how much I want that perfect soulmate relationship, I seem to have put this huge wall around my heart as a form of self preservation and it scares me that I may never find it. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I know that feeling very well.  I have been hurt badly several times and no matter how much I want that perfect soulmate relationship, I seem to have put this huge wall around my heart as a form of self preservation and it scares me that I may never find it. :shrugs:

ok this is going to sound like the biggest cliche ever but it happens a lot and i hope it happens for you...when you least expect it, when you've given up on love that is when it finds you :)

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok this is going to sound like the biggest cliche ever but it happens a lot and i hope it happens for you...when you least expect it, when you've given up on love that is when it finds you :)

Yeah heard that all my life. It is crazy, people always saying I should have no problems finding someone, that I am pretty, intelligent, funny, nice figure, etc. But I seem to lack common sense when it comes to finding the right man or maybe I get too lonely and settle for the wrong ones...it kills me because I am not getting any younger and when my mom goes I will be all alone...this really sucks.

I hope you find your Mr Right. You seem to have a lot going for you, you will find him. ;)

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

It's cool :) .

The more I learn, the more the idea of "one true love" in the sense that there is apparently one person out there who is your perfect soulmate doesn't really fit into how I view the world. I think that there are so many people out there, there're probably fairly endless opportunities to be happy in different ways with different people. 

I know that maybe doesn't sound all that romantic when contrasted with a grand notion of "destiny", but I think there's beauty in there too. It doesn't mean that if and when you do find happiness it means any less.

I think I'm still pretty starry-eyed about the whole love thing, but definitely less than I was as a teenager, I've had quite a lot of disappointments and in many ways been the unwitting architect of my own failure. I can now feel myself being more sceptical than ever I was before... When I meet someone I like, the "this probably won't end well" voice tends to be the loudest in my head. It's not loud enough that I can't ignore it (until it's proven right again).

• Like 1

idk maybe it's different here. it seems everyone wants that "perfect soulmate" and if you end up with anything less they mock you and say you have "settled". the woman that i considered like a mom after my own passed had such a great story. she was engaged to a dr, everyone in her family was pleases as punch but one day a man came to her door selling raffle tickets. she said he was so sweet and charming when he asked her out she said yes. long story short, she dumped the dr and married the man, she was with him til the day she died. they were married 50 odd years. when she died her husband was devastated and he died less than a year later.

19 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk maybe it's different here. it seems everyone wants that "perfect soulmate" and if you end up with anything less they mock you and say you have "settled". the woman that i considered like a mom after my own passed had such a great story. she was engaged to a dr, everyone in her family was pleases as punch but one day a man came to her door selling raffle tickets. she said he was so sweet and charming when he asked her out she said yes. long story short, she dumped the dr and married the man, she was with him til the day she died. they were married 50 odd years. when she died her husband was devastated and he died less than a year later.

But ultimately, how are you gonnae know if you've found the one human being that's ideal for you? There are so many billion people on the face of the earth... This travelling raffle ticket salesman might have eclipsed the Doctor, who's to say there wasn't someone out there she never met who wasn't even more incredible? Even if you dedicated your entire life to "speed dating" as much of the earth's eligible population as you could, you'd still only get through a fraction of everyone you potentially could meet.

I think it's much more important to find human being who fills you with joy. I didn't say anything about "settling". That's something completely different. I meant that there are enough opportunities to be genuinely happy to annul the idea that it's a one-shot deal.

There's a line from an old folk song here: "If my true love, she was gone, I would surely find another." Doesn't mean she wasn't a true love, and someone who could have made you happy for the rest of your life if things had worked out differently, just means that you have the opportunity to be just as in love again, even if it's in a slightly different way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

But ultimately, how are you gonnae know if you've found the one human being that's ideal for you? There are so many billion people on the face of the earth... This travelling raffle ticket salesman might have eclipsed the Doctor, who's to say there wasn't someone out there she never met who wasn't even more incredible? Even if you dedicated your entire life to "speed dating" as much of the earth's eligible population as you could, you'd still only get through a fraction of everyone you potentially could meet.

I think it's much more important to find human being who fills you with joy. I didn't say anything about "settling". That's something completely different. I meant that there are enough opportunities to be genuinely happy to annul the idea that it's a one-shot deal.

There's a line from an old folk song here: "If my true love, she was gone, I would surely find another." Doesn't mean she wasn't a true love, and someone who could have made you happy for the rest of your life if things had worked out differently, just means that you have the opportunity to be just as in love again, even if it's in a slightly different way

no i wasn't saying you said anything about settling, that's just a thing i hear a lot of people HERE  say. and what's really scary is with the internet there are those who are overlooking people who they MIGHT be really happy with cos they see all these "hot" people online and think i am NOT settling for less! i worked with two guys and they were just average guys working an average job but their criteria for gf's was crazy! they have to be model hot but with big boobs, perfect ass and have a great job. one of them i got to be pretty good friends with and at an office party for our boss we got pretty wasted and i asked him what happens if by some chance you marry this perfect woman and she gets fat or has an accident and her perfect face is messed up forever, what wold you do? and he mumbled something half heartedly about how that by then he'd love her so much he'd stay with her. so in other words, he would marry someone for their looks and just expect to fall in love? idk...this is all conjecture. and i am far far far from a relationship expert :facepalm:

but you are spot on...find someone who fills you with joy. i love that :)

33 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no i wasn't saying you said anything about settling, that's just a thing i hear a lot of people HERE  say. and what's really scary is with the internet there are those who are overlooking people who they MIGHT be really happy with cos they see all these "hot" people online and think i am NOT settling for less! i worked with two guys and they were just average guys working an average job but their criteria for gf's was crazy! they have to be model hot but with big boobs, perfect ass and have a great job. one of them i got to be pretty good friends with and at an office party for our boss we got pretty wasted and i asked him what happens if by some chance you marry this perfect woman and she gets fat or has an accident and her perfect face is messed up forever, what wold you do? and he mumbled something half heartedly about how that by then he'd love her so much he'd stay with her. so in other words, he would marry someone for their looks and just expect to fall in love? idk...this is all conjecture. and i am far far far from a relationship expert :facepalm:

but you are spot on...find someone who fills you with joy. i love that :)

I'm being critical of the concepts we're discussing, not of your view on them :).

We've discussed the importance of physical attraction in here before. I personally don't have any sort of "checklist", I take girls as I find them (no innuendo intended) the physical attraction thing is a very immediate decision of "would" or "would not". I've criticised myself for that in the past, but enough people have told me that it's a fundamental part of how attraction works for me to believe it doesn't make me a terrible, shallow, superficial person...

However, after that initial decision, who a girl is becomes the most important thing in the long, slow process of falling in love. Takes me an eternity (which is why it doesn't happen very often). If I don't find a girl engaging on a personal level then she can be as gorgeous as she likes, but it won't make any difference (not that I'm exactly fighting people off left, right and centre here).

2 minutes ago, Graeme said:

If I don't find a girl engaging on a personal level then she can be as gorgeous as she likes, but it won't make any difference

thank you! exactly. when i was younger i went for the hot jock types who unfortunately didn't like the shy, bookish type i was. after HS i dated guys in college ( gave up on the jocks! ) i met a guy and he was just my type. tall, nice body, blonde hair and blue eyes. by some miracle he asked me out and i was on cloud nine! we went to the drive in and we kissed...and nothing. there was no chemistry for me. and he was BORING as hell! he asked me out again and i said i had to baby sit and then avoided him like crazy after that. i tell this to some guys and they don't get it. they ask so you didn't think he was attractive? well yeah i did but there was no chemistry. they look at me like i have a third eye! 

I've dated some really hot looking guys, but those always had commitment issues, because they knew they could get pretty much anyone they wanted. A couple of them wanted to be with me for the most part, but if I wasn't around they would be with someone else. I ran into issues after my first divorce and being a single mom, dated guys that I really got along great with, but they weren't into me having a kid, so those were no-Brainers for me because my son was more important than anything. I just wish I could find someone who makes me happy, has my crazy sense of humor, loves music and GNR, loves animals, is romantic and not afraid to show their emotions, someone I can really talk with about anything, is intelligent but on the creative side, not a control freak, and is good in bed (well, that is important too), and then I would be happy. My soon to be ex was none of these things and I was miserable for about 12 of the 18 years we were married, god knows I tried to make it work, but it just seemed to die more every day...:sleeper:

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thank you! exactly. when i was younger i went for the hot jock types who unfortunately didn't like the shy, bookish type i was. after HS i dated guys in college ( gave up on the jocks! ) i met a guy and he was just my type. tall, nice body, blonde hair and blue eyes. by some miracle he asked me out and i was on cloud nine! we went to the drive in and we kissed...and nothing. there was no chemistry for me. and he was BORING as hell! he asked me out again and i said i had to baby sit and then avoided him like crazy after that. i tell this to some guys and they don't get it. they ask so you didn't think he was attractive? well yeah i did but there was no chemistry. they look at me like i have a third eye! 

Haha, I'm glad I didn't go to an American high school. We didn't really have the clique culture, "popular" kids who were revered for doing well at sports etc. Didn't help me get a girlfriend, right enough, but that was because I didn't believe anyone was attracted to me at the time, and I was too in love with one lassie to consider any other options. She happened to be the most beautiful girl in my year by popular consensus (she got an award for it at prom and everything, for all that means :P) but that really wasn't why I liked her beyond the "would/wouldn't" equation we discussed above. We just clicked, we got a lot out of each other's company. She went away to Australia after school, but she came back for a few months last year, by that time I'd developed enough confidence to tell her how I'd felt all that time ago (though it was still terrifying). Turns out I should have said something back then. Hindsight, eh?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Haha, I'm glad I didn't go to an American high school. We didn't really have the clique culture, "popular" kids who were revered for doing well at sports etc. Didn't help me get a girlfriend, right enough, but that was because I didn't believe anyone was attracted to me at the time, and I was too in love with one lassie to consider any other options. She happened to be the most beautiful girl in my year by popular consensus (she got an award for it at prom and everything, for all that means :P) but that really wasn't why I liked her beyond the "would/wouldn't" equation we discussed above. We just clicked, we got a lot out of each other's company. She went away to Australia after school, but she came back for a few months last year, by that time I'd developed enough confidence to tell her how I'd felt all that time ago (though it was still terrifying). Turns out I should have said something back then. Hindsight, eh?

I got thrown out of our leavers do cuz me and my mate turned up high with some lads who'd been expelled and he pointed out one of the girls had turned up with a bunch of tissue stuffed in her bra to make her tits look bigger.  Well, he didnt point it out as such, we just kept calling her Paddy :D  She didn't take it too well.

Edited by Len Cnut

oh now you have me intrigued! i am guessing she was the equivalent of our Homecoming Queen/Prom Queen? was she still beautiful? what did  she say when you told her you'd had a crush on her or whatever you said? is she still single? sorry for all the ?'s it's just really interesting.

by the way i looked up my major high school jock crush on Facebook and he is now fat and totally bald! :P

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh now you have me intrigued! i am guessing she was the equivalent of our Homecoming Queen/Prom Queen? was she still beautiful? what did  she say when you told her you'd had a crush on her or whatever you said? is she still single? sorry for all the ?'s it's just really interesting.

by the way i looked up my major high school jock crush on Facebook and he is now fat and totally bald! :P

Haha, she'll always be beautiful, and I don't mean that in a daft sentimental way. As objectively as I can state... yes, absolutely.

I believe she said:

"Me, really? Wow, I am really happy you told me that, but why didn't you say anything...? I had no idea."

"I just never thought I had a chance, really."

"No, you definitely should have said."

There was a lot of giggling between all of that. But she moved back to Australia literally the following day. She's now very happily involved with someone else, and I'm thrilled for her. It was just cool to close that chapter on such a nice note.

• Like 1