The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Access assured!

I think Big Baby Miller will destroy Dubois.

Interesting to see how Wilder is in shape after the trilogy. You can't tell after just 2 min against Helenius, but he looked good during the weight in. 

Physically AJ's still able to perform but his main weakness is his mental state. It could demotivate him if Wallin keeps moving forward.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:24 PM, Chris1989 said:

I'm pumped for this. Got my mate, brother-in-law and Dad coming over, and we're getting some pizza and drinks. 

Can't seem to find any kind of loose running order online - seen anything Gavin?

Anthony Joshua vs Otto Wallin EXACT ring-walk time: What time will the fight start in UK? | The Sun

On 12/24/2023 at 8:13 AM, Chris1989 said:

BumSquad was a disappointment. AJ looked good. Enjoyed that card - now we just wait for the Fury postponement.

Yeah definitely its coming the fight will not happen 

On 12/24/2023 at 6:39 PM, Rindmelon said:

Miller has to be done after that, was a must win fight for Dubois and he came through

Both Wilder and Miller are done 

WTF was Wilder doing did he even have a camp Parker was massive underdog 5/1 

6 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

WTF was Wilder doing did he even have a camp Parker was massive underdog 5/1 

He's a one trick pony, if he can't land the right then he looks lost & basically doesn't know what to do. Not that it should matter to his ability but he is so unlikeable too, he speaks like he believes he is some philosopher but if you actually listen to what he says it's pretty clear the man is an deluded idiot.

Outside of Ortiz (who was on the downslide when he faced him) he hasn't really beaten top guys at any point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 4:00 AM, Rindmelon said:

He's a one trick pony, if he can't land the right then he looks lost & basically doesn't know what to do. Not that it should matter to his ability but he is so unlikeable too, he speaks like he believes he is some philosopher but if you actually listen to what he says it's pretty clear the man is an deluded idiot.

Outside of Ortiz (who was on the downslide when he faced him) he hasn't really beaten top guys at any point. 

I'm not a fan of Wilder outside of the ring but his fights were everything but boring. He delivered everytime he stepped into the ring, even when he lost to Fury. 

Against Parker it was like another guy fighting. The lack of motivation was obvious. He wasn't hungry, had no spirit, like he wasn't even there to win. Reading and hearing all that stuff about his drug abuse, especially this Ayahuasca shit, makes me believe, that he isn't mentally on the level he should be, when boxing on a pro level

I'm not saying he is the best technical boxer out there but if he's into it and focused, he can knock everybody out. Period. 

Personally I don't believe we're gonna see him rise again and that means he'll lose to Zang and will be done after that. But maybe the fight against Parker was a wake up call...

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm not a fan of Wilder outside of the ring but his fights were everything but boring. He delivered everytime he stepped into the ring, even when he lost to Fury. 

Against Parker it was like another guy fighting. The lack of motivation was obvious. He wasn't hungry, had no spirit, like he wasn't even there to win. Reading and hearing all that stuff about his drug abuse, especially this Ayahuasca shit, makes me believe, that he isn't mentally on the level he should be, when boxing on a pro level

I'm not saying he is the best technical boxer out there but if he's into it and focused, he can knock everybody out. Period. 

Personally I don't believe we're gonna see him rise again and that means he'll lose to Zang and will be done after that. But maybe the fight against Parker was a wake up call...

He clearly has knockout power but that's about it I think. His opponents have been picked carefully too. I give him credit for going against Fury 3 times though. If what @Gavin82 said is right and he is fighting on the card in March then he may fight either AJ or Ngannou next after that. If he doesn't retire of course. I kind of doubt he will though, these Saudi pay days are going to make people try and extend there carers i think. 

I'm not a fan of Wilder at all but like you say his fights are anything but boring, gotta give him that.

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/13042915/anthony-joshua-set-to-face-showdown-with-francis-ngannou-in-saudi-arabia

Looks set for 8th March in Saudi also Wilder is set be on this card 

Full press conference on 15th Jan

March seems very soon, I hope Opetaia is on the card somewhere too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

That Chinese fella Zhang is also on there if it Wilder v Him Wilder will be betting retired 

Also can't see Fury V Usyk going on jus waiting for postpone news lol

Could be interesting, I've only really seen Zhang in the two Joyce fights but people seem to really rate him. Might check out some of his other fights. He's a big lad by the looks of him, if he were to lean on Wilder those bread stick legs of his will struggle with the weight.

On 1/7/2024 at 5:26 PM, Rindmelon said:

Could be interesting, I've only really seen Zhang in the two Joyce fights but people seem to really rate him. Might check out some of his other fights. He's a big lad by the looks of him, if he were to lean on Wilder those bread stick legs of his will struggle with the weight.

You should watch Zhang fight against Hgrovic. That was also a good one

• Like 1