The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Should James DeGale beat Badou Jack early Sunday morning we will have another world title belt held by a British fighter, the country with the most world champions in boxing at the moment will have one more belt, not to mention James DeGale will be the unified Super Middleweight champion of the world.  

On 11/01/2017 at 1:00 PM, Len Cnut said:

Should James DeGale beat Badou Jack early Sunday morning we will have another world title belt held by a British fighter, the country with the most world champions in boxing at the moment will have one more belt, not to mention James DeGale will be the unified Super Middleweight champion of the world.  

...and nobody can name a single one of them haha.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are an aficionado. Man on the street does not know who the champion of the world is from his left ear hole.

Joshua, Frampton, Selby, Brook, Bellew, Saunders, Crolla, DeGale, Cleverly... I'm struggling now, Smith yes, Fury, no, ive said Saunders, any more pikeys? Nicola Adams?

Because he was a devout Muslim who hated American foreign policy.

Another thing that I find with PTV is the amount of statist patriotism which is handled with a shovel to be honest.  Indian television (Star) - which I'm watching now as it happens - is also like this. They have these military recruitment adverts etc.

There are also an alarmingly large number of (pre watershed?) condom adverts!!

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because he was a devout Muslim who hated American foreign policy.

Another thing that I find with PTV is the amount of statist patriotism which is handled with a shovel to be honest.  Indian television (Star) - which I'm watching now as it happens - is also like this. They have these military recruitment adverts etc.

There are also an alarmingly large number of (pre watershed?) condom adverts!!

Condom adverts, really? :lol:  Thats a new one on me!  I didn't know Ali hated American foreign policy.  Their media chat a load of shit, i was there in the late 90s and someone was reading an article about Prince Naseem around the time he beat Kevin Kelley and the article stated that he was 15 years of age.  I mean fuckssake, research people :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

No i meant when the fuck did that happen :lol:

Whenever it was that Johnson fought Naz. Hamed had a DVD out, years later, and I remember that Johnson had made these biscuits up that had Boom-Boom on them and I think that he gave them to Naz at one of their pre-fight pressers.

i think that I am remembering things correctly. :lol:

2 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Whenever it was that Johnson fought Naz. Hamed had a DVD out, years later, and I remember that Johnson had made these biscuits up that had Boom-Boom on them and I think that he gave them to Naz at one of their pre-fight pressers.

i think that I am remembering things correctly. :lol:

And then you say I'm on drugs :lol:

Jose Pedraza is oddly hooting like an owl when he takes and lands punches right now.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

And then you say I'm on drugs :lol:

Jose Pedraza is oddly hooting like an owl when he takes and lands punches right now.

I'm 99% sure that I am remembering correctly, although all of this jenkem that I've been huffing lately has been playing havoc with my memory.