The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

My feelings exactly, leaning towards Del Boys fight though

He dont half talk some bollocks :lol:

Terence Crawford is the future of boxing

Also, Joshua really needs to step it up and stop fighting bums. Yeah, he's good, but the people he's been fighting are just not at a level where we can tell just how good Joshua is.

10 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Also, Joshua really needs to step it up and stop fighting bums. Yeah, he's good, but the people he's been fighting are just not at a level where we can tell just how good Joshua is.

Well on past form Molinas not really a bum...and hes only 17 fights in, no one fights elite fighters that quick.

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

How do you think he's gonna do against Klitschko in April?

Depends on what Klitschko turns up, he is getting on now and not been fighting much recently...and Joshuas had so little experience theres no like...yardstick to measure with.  Theres a good chance that he could come unstuck quite embarassingly.

29 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Molina looked like a right proper bum, and I don't think that Joshua is so good as to make him look it.

Problem with the heavyweight division is that there is like a 4 man elite...and the drop off in quality after those top four is so severe and so pronnounced that heavyweight fighters dont have those sort of litmus test fights where you can see where they are at skill-set wise until you throw em in with that top four.  

For example, Dill and Del are top ten fighters...how shit are they really?  I mean it was a great fight and they fought it out etc but lets be honest they're both really poorly conditioned as athletes and thats something i think will carry Josh quite far cuz these lot turn up looking like puddings.  Dills in better nick than he was for the Joshua fight having focussed for the year since on conditioning but hes still not really there as a fighter and thats an example of what I'm talking about.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Problem with the heavyweight division is that there is like a 4 man elite...and the drop off in quality after those top four is so severe and so pronnounced that heavyweight fighters dont have those sort of litmus test fights where you can see where they are at skill-set wise until you throw em in with that top four.  

For example, Dill and Del are top ten fighters...how shit are they really?  I mean it was a great fight and they fought it out etc but lets be honest they're both really poorly conditioned as athletes and thats something i think will carry Josh quite far cuz these lot turn up looking like puddings.  Dills in better nick than he was for the Joshua fight having focussed for the year since on conditioning but hes still not really there as a fighter and thats an example of what I'm talking about.

Oh, I don't disagree, I just think that Joshua hasn't fought anyone to get giddy about, and even Wlad is no great shakes anymore, if the Fury fight is anything to go by.

17 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Oh, I don't disagree, I just think that Joshua hasn't fought anyone to get giddy about, and even Wlad is no great shakes anymore, if the Fury fight is anything to go by.

Apparently Pricey starched him in sparring, something he openly admits to.

13 hours ago, PappyTron said:

See! If Plumber Price can bowl him over he must be crap. I bet Boyfriend Bellew could smash him as well. :lol:

I was with him just after the Kevin Johnson fight and i mentioned that he should fight Pricey next cuz he was a big lummox with no chin that would look great on the way down, he sort of chuckled the suggestion off at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

223083.jpg

Wonder what his batting average is?

Theres a film of him teaching Harry Carpenter to play Croquette out there too.  Incidentally if you listen to the interview i posted he predicted the outcome of the Cleveland Williams fight 4 years before it happened, even called the round.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

As a connoisseur of pugilism, what do you think of this performance, The Fight of The Century I believe?

Think he can clear out the Heavyweight division? That girl slap of his is formidable.

He couldn't clear out an airing cupboard :lol:. Respect to him though, hes clearly got balls.  Weren't he the one who got massively pissed after England won some prestious something or other in the cricket?

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He couldn't clear out an airing cupboard :lol:. Respect to him though, hes clearly got balls.  Weren't he the one who got massively pissed after England won some prestious something or other in the cricket?

It is one of the most comical fights ever. I've watched it about three times; never fails to make me laugh. His opponent haha.

Flintoff is a chum of Ricky Hatton infact. The two of them would balloon up in weight together, consuming a diet of beer and takeaway food.

Yes, when England won the Ashes in 2005 he went on perhaps the greatest drinking spree in sporting history, allegedly peeing in Number 10's garden. During a subsequent Cricket World Cup in the West Indies he got pissed and took a pedalo out to sea requiring rescuing. ''Pissed on a pedalo'' was the tabloid headline.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is one of the most comical fights ever. I've watched it about three times; never fails to make me laugh. His opponent haha.

Flintoff is a chum of Ricky Hatton infact. The two of them would balloon up in weight together, consuming a diet of beer and takeaway food.

Yes, when England won the Ashes in 2005 he went on perhaps the greatest drinking spree in sporting history, allegedly peeing in Number 10's garden. During a subsequent Cricket World Cup in the West Indies he got pissed and took a pedalo out to sea requiring rescuing. ''Pissed on a pedalo'' was the tabloid headline.

i read that as 'took a peado out to sea'...

• Like 1