Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Watched Punk vs Cena at MITB 2011 last night, solid fucking match.

Punk needs to come back.

Classic, my favorite WWE match of this decade.

I made a joke about it a few posts up. The follow up to that night was just ridiculous. People remember the year long title run eventually afterwards, they don't remember that preposterous heat killing angle in-between with Triple H/Nash.

• Like 1

Alright after being there for it live and re watching it on the network, I will say...

AJ/Shane: Great match, crazy spots, Aj went over (4/5)

KO/Y2J: Meh match, good to see Owens win (2.5/5)

Bayley/Nia/Sasha/Charlotte: Little bit too short, Sasha elimination was weak, teaming up on Nia (3/5)

Tag Team Ladder Match: Hardy Boyz return, huge pop, win the belts (4/5)

Mixed Tag Match: Boring, John Cena sucks (2/5)

Seth/HHH: great storytelling, focused on the knee, Steph crazy table bump, Seth went over (4.25/5)

Randy/Bray: cool visuals, too short, Bray should have won (3.25/5)

Brock/Berg: short, action packed, intense, Lesnar winning (3.5/5)

Smackdown Womans: dead crowd, yikes (1.5/5)

Reigns/Taker: Reigns sucks, sad to see Taker retire, decent storytelling, best it could have been (3.5/5)

On 4/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, moreblack said:

Last 2 days at most. That Hardys pop was the biggest of the last few years.

I have a hard time believing the Hardys' pop was bigger than HBK, Mick & Austin's from WM last year. I was there and that was insane. The place came unglued and it was like a sustained pop for 10 minutes or however long that program was. 

On 4/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, axlslash said:

Bayley has a limited moveset, makes Roman look like Rocky on the mic, and has been booked similarly for shit. She doesn't get booed (though she does get serenaded nauseatingly, way to reinforce the stereotype of the sweaty creeper dudes who've never seen a woman before, universe....).

Bailey is the shittest person on the roster. She's fucking horrible. Terrible character, terrible on the mic(one of the worst all time) and just campy in the ring. Can't fucking stand her at all. I have never been able to understand the appeal of her and why people cheer for her. It's a disgrace that she's the women's champ in my opinion. Charlotte should be champ and be champ forever until someone worthy is on the roster. And NO not Sasha(so fucking overrated)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moreblack said:

I can't believe the high praise for HHH/Seth. It was another typical slow plodding HHH match... Put it this way, it's a good thing there's very few of those a year anymore.

I thought it was too long and anti-climatic too, though better than last year.

I did think modern Triple H was capable of more though, then I remembered... Reigns last year, Sting fiasco the year before, that nonsense where they put him over Lesnar at 29.

I did like the Bryan match at XXX, but Bryan is fantastic and that match was presumably going to be Triple H going over Punk before Punk was gone.

The back to back Taker matchs worked well, even though Taker still should have worked with Cena at 27. Sheamus before that was not good and that match against Orton wasn't great either.

No point in going back further than that (I well say though before Benoit killed his family, that XX was my favorite Triple threat ever). Triple H at mania is very hit or miss. 

Edited by AtariLegend

7 hours ago, Bono said:

Bailey is the shittest person on the roster. She's fucking horrible. Terrible character, terrible on the mic(one of the worst all time) and just campy in the ring. Can't fucking stand her at all. I have never been able to understand the appeal of her and why people cheer for her. It's a disgrace that she's the women's champ in my opinion. Charlotte should be champ and be champ forever until someone worthy is on the roster. And NO not Sasha(so fucking overrated)

I've never agreed with anything more on an Internet forum than I agree with this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bono said:

She had some great matches in NXT, and looked like she could make the transition. But not every first baseman who eats AAA pitchers alive turns out to be a major league slugger, and not every Juniors superstar takes the NHL by storm. Maybe it's the writing, maybe it's the pressure, I don't know, but she was just so much better in NXT than the dud she turned out to be on the main roster.

But she sells teddy bears so lol here's a belt. 

9 hours ago, Bono said:

No please don't give the belt back to Charlotte yet, sick of her having it.

196 days with the Divas and 200 something with the womans blahhh.

Sasha is pretty entertaining and deserves an actual reign with the belt.

8 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

No please don't give the belt back to Charlotte yet, sick of her having it.

196 days with the Divas and 200 something with the womans blahhh.

Sasha is pretty entertaining and deserves an actual reign with the belt.

That was enough of a title run for Char for her to serve now in making other girls. Maybe another title run in the future, but as heel, her job is to shine up the faces. 

Just think about Charlotte's streak, how it ended randomly and then think about how no will remember it in a year. Really bizarre.

Sasha's problem is the weird booking. I mean she was treated like a star by fans, then booked like Sami Zayn. It's almost like it's intentional at times.

Not sure how Asuka will fit in though, eventually. She's literally a being from a different genre. I seriously hope Vince doesn't see her and book her like Gail Kim.

Edited by AtariLegend

I fucking love these two so goddamn much. I'm probably gonna drive several hours in a couple of weeks to meet Cody and see him wrestle Dijak. Also on that card is El Patron vs Vinny Marseglia from ROH, and Steamboat will be there too.

10 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Whats everyones top 10 WWF/WWE wrestlers in ring ? Curious to see everyones list.

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Stone Cold

3. Seth Rollins

4. Triple H

5. The Rock

6. AJ Styles

7. Jeff Hardy

8. Daniel Bryan

9. CM Punk

10. Undertaker/Kane

Purely in ring?

Id put Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair as 1 and 1a.  Then in no particular order:

benoit, Brett hart, dean malenko, steamboat, savage, AJ Styles, CM Punk, stone cold, Daniel Bryan.

10 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Whats everyones top 10 WWF/WWE wrestlers in ring ? Curious to see everyones list.

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Stone Cold

3. Seth Rollins

4. Triple H

5. The Rock

6. AJ Styles

7. Jeff Hardy

8. Daniel Bryan

9. CM Punk

10. Undertaker/Kane

Including their non-WWE work, I'm only solid on the order for the top 3, the rest are in no particular order:

1) AJ

2) HBK

3) Benoit

4) Flair

5) Cody

6) Johnny Nitro / John Morrison / Johnny Mundo 

7) Ray Mysterio

8) Eddy Guerrero 

9) Finn Balor

10) Shinsuke

Not in any order and this is just of the top of my head. Not going to rank them and it isn't of all time, just people who's careers I actually seen.

In WWF;

Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
C.M. Punk
Eddie Guerrero
Wild Pegasus
Bryan Danielson
Kurt Angle
The Rock
C.M. Punk

Honorable mention; Brock Lesnar. I think people sometimes forget Lesnar in 2003.

Anywhere in the world over the past few decades? 

Some combination of;

Mitsuharu Misawa
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kazuchika Okada
Shinsuke Nakamura
Kenta Kobashi
Ric Flair
A.J. Styles
Shawn Michaels
Wild Pegasus
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Edited by AtariLegend

Rumor has it that the superstar shakeup will send AJ to RAW, New Day to Smackdown, possibly swap Alexa and Charlotte, and see Cien and Samson get called up. I'm fine with all of that other than AJ going to Raw. He's a pure wrestler. The only upside is getting him, Devitt, and the Good Brothers all on the same show.