Axl best vocals 2002?

Cant believe no one has posted this yet in this topic.. From Albany I believe

Hooly shit 2010 scream (or 92 scream) right there.....

Wtf i never heard of this, maybe because i don't like Live and Let Die at all, but this scream was phenomenal if you think this is from 2002!

It's a combination of vocal power and the amount of time he sustains this scream! It's incredible. I don't think he could have done this in 2010, maybe 92 though.

I just cant look at Axl with predator hair and oversized jerseys, and baggy athletic pants. Thats not Axl Rose to me. I avoid 2002 at all costs because of that.

yeah. because current Axl is so much better looking

in 2002 Axl's face looks like Axl's face

I still hardly watch any videos with 2009- Axl and i try to focus on his voice, hell i even got sick with the banner on this forum

:vomit:

When Axl is at his best we are comparing him to Bruce Springsteen, Jim Morrison, Freddy Mercury, but when Axl is mediocre Axl we compare him to other mediocre artist.

It's just the current state of Axl's voice.

Lol Springsteen is a nobody compared to Freddie, Morrison, and yes even Axl...

Springsteen is the epytome of american mediocrism

• 2 months later...

Bumpy bump. Just found this, the Live and Let Die screams from this show are insane, never ending. The Blues intro is raspy like the studio version (almost), the breakdown in YCBM is raspy too, but it ruined him for the end of the song haha.

LALD: https://youtu.be/5sD6v-F40CU?t=10m46s

YCBM: https://youtu.be/5sD6v-F40CU?t=21m53s

SOD: https://youtu.be/5sD6v-F40CU?t=53m22s

Edited by MrSoftie

2002 is mostly what gives me hope that Axl's voice might return one day. His stage presence was top notch, and the band was really awesome, but in terms of pure vocals, I'd certainly prefer a few shows from 2014 ahead of 2002.

2002 was my favorite lineup of GnR and my favorite version of Axl. His voice was powerful despite having no rasp, so it worked out. He had a ton of energy and stage presence, he always seemed in a good mood, and he was ranting and joking around regularly. He looked wierd as shit, but it suited the band and the sports jerseys were a good way to make each show unique and make the audience feel like he likes their sports team.

I really wish the 2002/2003 tour continued and we had more proshots. I'll be honest, I'd rather have a 2002 reunion than a AFD/UYI reunion. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Axl was very rarely in a good mood in 2002. Maybe you meant he was less bloated?

No, he seemed in a good mood. He joked around about stuff, he had ambition....

Examples:

-The Donut joke (I think it was about Conan).

-The way he introduced buckethead at most shows.

-Joking around (Asshole song).

Sure, he got pissed a lot too, but he did a lot of joking around. You have to remember, Axl was never the happiest guy around.

2002 is mostly what gives me hope that Axl's voice might return one day. His stage presence was top notch, and the band was really awesome, but in terms of pure vocals, I'd certainly prefer a few shows from 2014 ahead of 2002.

Agreed. 2002 got stage presence and ridiculously long screams (Jungle, LALD etc), but Vegas had the voice.. and that's what were here for I guess.