Axl best vocals 2002?

Definitely using some sort of Auto-Tune device, so...

See, now we're talking. Alright, I'll give you that, but that's not lip-syncing.

I don't know why you think I'm trying to defend Vince when I have said that he sounds completely horrid in that vid. He was never the singer that Axl once was.

But he is lip syncing at certain points. That's why my whole point.

Killer also.

I would lip-sync to make myself sound better, not worse. His voice in that video sounds atrocious.

Fair enough.

The band itself really was incredible. Night and day from then to now. Current Guns is such shit compared to past incarnations. :(

Completely disagree. I respect Bucket's ability, but I'll take Ron any day. Robin is exactly equal to DJ and neither one should have ever been anywhere near GN'R. Tommy, Richard, Chris and Dizzy are the exact same. You might or might not have a better drummer, I don't know because I really don't give a shit about drummers. Take away 50% of the retarded look factor that the '02 band had and today's band is clearly the winner.

Agreed, although the drums are the most important part for me personally, if you have a clinical drummer the songs don't groove. I'm a big fan of drums and they make or break what I think of a band, there's some records by bands that I like that I just hate because whoever was playing drums gave overly clinical performances. For me I like brain, he's got fantastic chops and a great feel, I like how he drove the songs, he gave the appetite songs a real high energy (not that far away from Adler). Frank is also great, he's got a great vibe, a little less energetic than Brain but he plays the hell out of the songs and it doesn't sound like a robot ala Matt Sorum. Dj and Robin are in the same league in my opinion too, the only thing that separates them is that Robin was mysterious he didn't try and make an additional business out of his connection to Guns, he didn't tweet soppy messages every day and he was definitely his own character on stage... DJ has none of those things, while Dj is probably a bit more respectful in some senses to the original parts if I had to choose one or the other it's Finck... after all finck wrote some of the best material on CD.

Edited by Tom2112

You know GNR sucks when the argument is, "He's better than Vince Neil." :lol:

That's been an argument since GN'R became famous, why would it stop now?

I don't believe I've ever seen Axl's live performance compared to Vince Neil's until recently. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't believe I've ever seen Axl's live performance compared to Vince Neil's until recently. Maybe I'm wrong.
Used to do it with my dumbass Motley Crue fan friends all the time when I was a kid. Maybe I'm an isolated case and most people didn't have dumbass Motley Crue fan friends that were stupid enough to argue though. I hope for the rest of the world's sanity that that's the case.

Used to do it with my dumbass Motley Crue fan friends all the time when I was a kid. Maybe I'm an isolated case and most people didn't have dumbass Motley Crue fan friends that were stupid enough to argue though. I hope for the rest of the world's sanity that that's the case.

Right, but here we're talking about two people who are partial to Axl, one of whom says to the other, "It's not so bad, look at Vince Neil." Am I making sense? I'm sick as fuck so I have no idea.

Right, but here we're talking about two people who are partial to Axl, one of whom says to the other, "It's not so bad, look at Vince Neil." Am I making sense? I'm sick as fuck so I have no idea.
Yeah, back then it was about who was better, not who was worse. Vince (much like Myles and Scott, have to throw them in there for future reference) has always been, and always will be worse than Axl though.
  • Like 1

I just cant look at Axl with predator hair and oversized jerseys, and baggy athletic pants. Thats not Axl Rose to me. I avoid 2002 at all costs because of that.

I like to think of it as a "phase" he was going through.

• Like 1

I just cant look at Axl with predator hair and oversized jerseys, and baggy athletic pants. Thats not Axl Rose to me. I avoid 2002 at all costs because of that.

If you're judging him by what he chooses to dress, then the joke is on you. You should check out the 2002 videos available, although Axl voice was not the best, the band was really great. You're missing out.

If you're judging him by what he chooses to dress, then the joke is on you. You should check out the 2002 videos available, although Axl voice was not the best, the band was really great. You're missing out.
Im not sayin i never have. I saw them in Hartford 2002 and it was a good show. And i watched a shit ton of stuff back then. These days when i watch videos i go mostly to the original band. And if its new, i go to '06 or '10 cuz thats when Axl has sounded the best since he came back. The '02 band was great tho, minus the look (everyone included.) Edited by ChineseIRS

The '02 band was great tho, minus the look (everyone included.)

I truly liked their style. It was weird as fuck but original.

Buckethead looked and looks like a complete freak with mental illness but as soon as he picked up his guitar he left the audience speechless so, judging a guitarist by what he has on his head is unfair -- as long as he does the right thing with his guitar and Buckethead did wonders, my friend.

2002 remains my fav version of NuAxl and his band. I've seen every version live from 2002-onward and the 2002 show I saw, and the ones I've seen/heard elsewhere, are their best. It was the best version of the live band and despite the lack of the classic Axl voice, I enjoyed his new approach. He was usually killer on the new songs. KOHD was the best they've ever done, before or since. And aside from Patience, which was usually a train wreck, Axl sounded fine. And he had passion. As did the band.

Edited by Sixes

The '02 band was great tho, minus the look (everyone included.)

I truly liked their style. It was weird as fuck but original.

Buckethead looked and looks like a complete freak with mental illness but as soon as he picked up his guitar he left the audience speechless so, judging a guitarist by what he has on his head is unfair -- as long as he does the right thing with his guitar and Buckethead did wonders, my friend.

I love Bucket. His solo work is great, and i love his work on Chinese. I look forward to his work on the next album, if its ever released ha.