Rush Announce R40 Live 40th Anniversary Tour [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

R40 live release coming November 20, first single (Roll The Bones) on September 25:

http://news.cygnus-x1.net/2015/09/rushs-r40-live-album-and-concert-film.html

sweet deal, im assuming this release will have red barchetta, i was really hoping they would play that at the boston show but they played the camera eye (which was still pretty cool)

R40 live release coming November 20, first single (Roll The Bones) on September 25:

sweet deal, im assuming this release will have red barchetta, i was really hoping they would play that at the boston show but they played the camera eye (which was still pretty cool)

They filmed both nights in Toronto - assuming they do what they did with Clockwork Angels and release all of the rotating songs that were filmed between the two shows, the video will have Clockwork Angels, One Little Victory, How It Is, Distant Early Warning, Between The Wheels, Losing It, Red Barchetta, YYZ, and Natural Science, plus all of the songs played every night. The only songs played on the tour that won't be on the release are The Wreckers and The Camera Eye.

I doubt they'll be going overseas unless they play festivals. There's always going to be an 'anniversary' to celebrate. Hopefully there will be a Rush 50. At that point they'd be doing shows "with special guests", but would they even want to do that?

If Neil does book tours (and he has a lot of books out) you'll know Rush ain't touring anymore.

I think we'll see an auction coming (in the next 10 years), there's a lot of stuff they held onto that if it's not going to be a museum, they have to keep paying money to store it. At their age, it's the time when people go "do I really need to hold onto this?" They have kids but outside of having one kit, one or two guitars and a couple of basses and some gold and platinum discs, it's just stuff from their parents.

They filmed both nights in Toronto - assuming they do what they did with Clockwork Angels and release all of the rotating songs that were filmed between the two shows, the video will have Clockwork Angels, One Little Victory, How It Is, Distant Early Warning, Between The Wheels, Losing It, Red Barchetta, YYZ, and Natural Science, plus all of the songs played every night. The only songs played on the tour that won't be on the release are The Wreckers and The Camera Eye.

well they might still have a live recording of the camera eye and the wreckers on this release since we dont know the actual tracklisting yet, i mean look at rush in rio, they included all the songs they played that night plus extra songs from other parts of the tour they didnt play that night....

well they might still have a live recording of the camera eye and the wreckers on this release since we dont know the actual tracklisting yet, i mean look at rush in rio, they included all the songs they played that night plus extra songs from other parts of the tour they didnt play that night....

The only song that they did not include from the Vapor Trails tour in Rush in Rio, which I would have really loved to have see/watch/hear, is Ceiling Unlimited which is a huge bummer.

Edited by Anguyen92

The only song that they did not include from the Vapor Trails tour in Rush in Rio, which I would have really loved to have see/watch/hear, is Ceiling Unlimited which is a huge bummer.

...I didn't even know they had played Ceiling Unlimited live. Damn, gotta check that out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably right. As far as audio goes I wonder how much of night one will actually make it onto the video aside from the extra songs. It's also funny how Alex botched the solo for this one big time the first night and yet he totally nailed it here, unless it was fixed of course. I haven't bothered to compare it to the audience recording.

I'm wondering why they cut Clockwork Angels from the bonus songs. That was actually one of the better songs in night 1.

EDIT: So Amazon lists on the track list for the CD version Clockwork Angels, as well as The Camera Eye, The Wreckers, and Losing It w/ Dinklage. Maybe they just had some technical difficulties with the video for CA? Awesome they're releasing one of the Dinklage renditions of Losing It too - that one will either be Newark, New York, or LA. Fingers crossed for New York :)

Of course you did. :lol:

I doubt I'll see me in the bonus features but I suppose if there was a long shot of the lower bowl. I was row one in section 107 so it's not out of the realm of possibility but all the same it's not likely given that only those bonus three or four songs will be from night one.

• Like 1

Of course you did. :lol:

I doubt I'll see me in the bonus features but I suppose if there was a long shot of the lower bowl. I was row one in section 107 so it's not out of the realm of possibility but all the same it's not likely given that only those bonus three or four songs will be from night one.

Did the additional lighting rig above the crowd go as far back as you? Cause I think that will make a lot of difference whether or not you can spit yourself.

It seemed to go in our direction a few times so here's hoping. I've never been to a concert taping before so to get to see myself would be a bonus.

It's the second show I've been to getting a full release. The other was Motley Crue's Cruefest DVD in 2008 - needless to say I'm more excited about this one :lol:

I was also at the Maiden gig in Toronto in 2008, and Hallowed Be Thy Name on Flight 666 is from that gig.