Look what Frank got.

Why is Axl signing these records?

These guys are in your band, dude. It's weird to give them your autograph. :facepalm:

Agreed. It's fuckin' weird. It's like he likes them and all, but they're still employees and not really partners in his company. He's the boss who founded it and they're not on his "level".

:axl:

Wonder if Vince will do this for Nikki/Tommy and Mick after the tour? LOL. Wonder if Brian Johnson will do the same? Hell- maybe Tom Brady will give a signed helmet to Bill Belichek after the Super Bowl. But on the other hand- Axl is just thanking this Frank Guy for subbing/filling in/being a good little obedient employee. He kept his mouth shut, didn't bitch about start times or talk about "new music" etc....

Axl is king. So you should feel privileged to have worked for him. And as a little something I will give you my autograph.

This GNR thing is really just hilarious. Kickass band turned into a complete business model. A very failed business model by all means.

Edited by slim26
  • Like 2

These guys are in your band, dude. It's weird to give them your autograph. :facepalm:

Same way you sign a card for any present. Lets them know it's not just something that Team Brazil or the label sent them, and that Axl put some time and thought into it.

Axl is king. So you should feel privileged to have worked for him. And as a little something I will give you my autograph.

This GNR thing is really just hilarious. Kickass band turned into a complete business model. A very failed business model by all means.

How's it a failed business model?

The greatest "accomplishment" these backing musicians/hired employees have ever accomplished in their (ahem) "careers" is covering songs written and recorded by Guns n Roses 25-30 years ago. And they couldn't even do that right.....rather than a signed album or whatever what Axl should do is sue them all for fraud. (pretending to be GnR) and sue TB for pretending to be managers. Guy loves lawsuits- that would keep him busy and give him another excuse for doing nothing the next 10 years.

• Like 1

How's it a failed business model?

Because this current "band" is a freaking disaster. And the president of the company doesn't give a fuck about his job.

Same way you sign a card for any present. Lets them know it's not just something that Team Brazil or the label sent them, and that Axl put some time and thought into it.

Put some time and thought into what exactly? Was it between this and an autographed photo of Axl and whichever band member? Was he hard at work figuring that one out? :lol:

Serioulsy, it's bad enough as a gift to DJ, but at least for DJ it's an album he had absolutely no part in, so as narcissistic as the gift is it still makes sense as a gift, kind of. Frank actually played on CD. He's part of the band that's on the album. And now the lead singer of the band he's in is giving him a signed copy of the album he played on? Sorry. That's weird as fuck. What's the next step? I imagine Axl visiting these guys in their homes and randomly signing their shit. Like you go into DJ's bedroom and "Axl Rose" is scrawled across his comforter in permanent marker in that recognizable print. :lol:

• Like 1

Put some time and thought into what exactly? Was it between this and an autographed photo of Axl and whichever band member? Was he hard at work figuring that one out? :lol:

Serioulsy, it's bad enough as a gift to DJ, but at least for DJ it's an album he had absolutely no part in, so as narcissistic as the gift is it still makes sense as a gift, kind of. Frank actually played on CD. He's part of the band that's on the album. And now the lead singer of the band he's in is giving him a signed copy of the album he played on? Sorry. That's weird as fuck. What's the next step? I imagine Axl visiting these guys in their homes and randomly signing their shit. Like you go into DJ's bedroom and "Axl Rose" is scrawled across his comforter in permanent marker in that recognizable print. :lol:

Chinese Democracy was Axl's project, don't think anyone in GNR has any illusions about that. Axl's thanking Frank for helping his project come together and for touring the songs from it.

I do wonder why this is coming up now, and as someone else said, I hope it's not Axl's "goodbye and good luck" gesture. In the DJ thread it was mentioned that the awards have to actually be purchased, and something tells me it was probably Axl who did that, and not the label...so it just seems as though he wanted to give everyone a personalized present/gesture of appreciation.

As to signing it, on a lot of shows and films, the cast members will sign things to each other, at least as far as I've seen. I have a friend who worked crew on a bunch of Broadway shows and at the end of the run, he always made a point of getting a poster signed by all the cast and crew. It seems akin to getting everyone to sign your yearbook when you're graduating. That's what worries me; "end of the run," but I guess time will tell on that.

Edited by stella

Yeah I don't see why this is a big deal at all. It's a very cool gesture.

• Like 1