Tommy Stinson: "I'm out of the loop".

Oh there's a loop alright, it's called a perpetual loop of nothingness

The closest thing to a loop with this band is the fruit loops swirling around Axl's cereal bowl in the morning, and lord knows given the size of him he ain't sharing those with anybody.

Hence why we are where we are right now.

Ok, so say Axl really does have 2 albums worth of material written during the CD era.....what the fuck has he written in the 10 years since?

Mostly things like this:

RE: Beta - Grocery List

2 Rectangle Watermelons (I'm bored of Square Ones)

1 Large Jar Smuckers Goober Jelly

Case Buddha Beer

1 Gallon Tub Mayo

5 Large Tubs Ben & Jerry Sad Turtle Flavour

1 Large jar EZ Serve Sue Bee Honey

Bucket of extra sour Sour Cream

All the Chips

All the Cookies

All the Candy

I large Tube Cheese Whiz

Assorted Blocks Artisan Cheese - Velveeta Etc - Must be left in wrapper!

Whole meal multi-seed Wonder Bread

Organic Pop Tarts

1 Snow Cone - Red Flavour - must be frozen and not melted

Grass Fed Free Range Jerky

Dry Ice Frozen Gravy

All the bacon

Froot Charms (Limited Edition mix of Froot Loops and Lucky Charms - I think Del mentioned them but I might have imagined it after too much Splenda)

I healthy pre-packaged salad.

Several 31 day-aged syrup fed Ribeye steaks (must be 31 day aged)

Large Pepperoni Pizza with artisan goose fat & mayo filled crust)

Case of Diet Coke (Not, I repeat NOT DR.FUCKING COCKSUCKING PEPPER)

Also tell the new guy we're going on tour tomorrow.

Love you Momsicles,

Axl

"I hate Axl Rose so much it makes MY blood boil."

Why do you think Axl was giving signed gold records to the band at the end of the last tour? Cause Guns N' Roses - or at least this iteration of it - is fuckin' over and done.

The Chinese Democracy era is over imo. I don't know how many times we'll have to wait and see the next thing. Years maybe.

Axl said "see you later this year" at the end of the last show, nothing from there. And Del said something about "maybe the last time we'll see this incarnation of gnr" something like that.

Then rumors where people said that Axl was done, then Duff and Matt rejoigning...

Edited by Silent Jay

The guys have toured pretty extensively over the last few years

No, not really. 25 to 30 shows a year?

Big whoop.

Exactly. U2 for example is scheduled to play 66 shows this year between May- November. What GnR has been doing is anything but touring extensively.

The guys have toured pretty extensively over the last few years

No, not really. 25 to 30 shows a year?

Big whoop.

Exactly. U2 for example is scheduled to play 66 shows this year between May- November. What GnR has been doing is anything but touring extensively.

And this is while Bono is coming off of multiple surgeries and recoveries.

Meanwhile, Axl is still bitching about being "forced" to tour in 1991, which is total bullshit in and of its own.

• Like 1

Why do you think Axl was giving signed gold records to the band at the end of the last tour? Cause Guns N' Roses - or at least this iteration of it - is fuckin' over and done.

BBF and Tommy didn't win a signed gold record because they are out of the loop.

Only cool people like DJ and Jarmo are still in the loop ....

Gold records defines who's in the loop or not ...

I'm afraid that we are all out of the loop ... this fanbase is dismissed ... farewell, people.

• Like 1

The loop is Axls internal monologue... it doesn't usually go any further than that though unfortunately.

There's no surprise here, though. The band is on hiatus, but, things could be happening behind the scenes... with half the band saying one thing and the other half saying the opposite, you have to wonder what GnR thinks their fan base will make of conflicting comments coming from within the band. The only thing keeping band members out of the loop does is keep this band from being a real, fully fledged band. They are a tight live unit and they made a good record... but that they can't answer questions regarding Gnr at almost any point speaks volumes.

I've got to figure that this has been the case for most of his tenure with GNR.

A) Great point and almost certainly sad but true

B) Step back & imagine this being true of any other active band: A 17-years-and-counting(!) member being "out of the loop" r.e. what's going on with his group...

Some of the other forums call this 'the cupcake forum.'

1. One album in TWENTY-FOUR YEARS.

2. Static, stale, predictable setlists.

3. Debut album played and promoted equally if not moreso than most recent album.

4. No music videos and effectively fuck-all singles/promotion generally.

5.Treating the most loyal, long-suffering hardcore fans as the enemy.

6. Implying that the people at this crock http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig are just as worthy of being deemed 'hardcore fans' as us.

7. Letting the actual new band fall apart and having to promote the 'new' album with a cover band of the cover band.

8. Releasing a live CD and Blu Ray of a 2012 show with such embarrassingly weak vocals that most fans would rather watch youtube videos from '06-'10.

9. Hiding behind glasses, hats, jackets and chains for entire shows whilst phoning in performances with little energy and weak vocals.

10. Shitting the bed every time for the majority of world televised/streamed appearances from VMAs '02 to Rio '11 to Revolver '14. Meanwhile virtually no pro-shot let alone official release of the aforementioned peak-performance years of '06-'10.

11. DJ Ashba. Without resorting to insults: hired without an audition; openly mocked on stage repeatedly by Thal, Stinson and Axl for his cringeworthy solos; Ashba swag; preaching about bullies then telling an incredulous, disingenuous story about 'beating the shit out of' some guy so as to appear like a rock n' roll hardman whilst sounding like a teen boy trying to impress some older lads with a tall-tale and without having the gift of the gab; advertising Jagermeister: a drink aimed at teens and students to get smashed on; pretending to drink alcohol on stage but then spitting it out when he thinks nobody is looking. I'm not a hater, those are just facts

12. Hiring people who are privately dismissive of old Guns music i.e. Stinson and Thal whilst failing to keep people who were fans back in the day and contributed the most to the new songs i.e. Bucket, Robin and Brain.

13. No photo of the Chinese Democracy lineup.

14. Only one photo of the touring lineup.

15. No cover story/photo shoots, full band interviews in any of the major music mags like Rolling Stone, Classic Rock, Kerrang etc.

16. The picture of the recent touring lineup, minus Axl, holding 'Paradise City Road' signs.

17. DJ apparently being paid more than Thal.

18. Totally lame official site, forum and fan club.

19. Official tweets sent out by Fernando who has absolutely nothing to do with Guns'/Axl's music old or new.

20. Optimistic, positive members of online Guns fan community parrot insults like 'whiners, complainers, cupcakes' etc by GNR camp members including Jarmo and management when dealing with those of us who acknowledge the shitty reality of the whole sorry saga.

giphy.gif

• Like 2