Tommy Stinson: "I'm out of the loop".

GnR fans are actually pretty cool with the situation given to them. There are few bands out there that piss on their fan bases like GnR does. And the funniest thing is... by GnR we mean Axl, of course. It's ridiculous. Defending all that shit Jordan Rose listed is ridiculous at this point. GnR used to be my favorite band but every time I listen to GnR now, even if I think it's awesome, I get this horrible feeling after having gone to five shows with basically the same setlist in 4 years time and being treated like garbage in my backstage tour by the GnR camp. Only decent guy was actually Jarmo, to be honest.

Is this supposed to be an argument for why this is a cupcake forum? All of what you wrote is more an argument for leaving the forum, not for still hanging around and trolling...

If we followed that kind of logic, this forum would have 3 active members and gnr's online community would be completely decimated. Is that what you want for the band?

For the band? I haven't given one thought to what the band wants in this regard. But let me do just that. Haha, that was a fun little thing to do. I don't think the band would be very upset if all negative posts and remarks here on mygnrforum disappeared. In fact, if any emotions at all were induced by such a thing, I think it would be predominantly happiness. I would't agree with them, but that is what I think they would feel. Do you honestly think they would care one iota if the activity on mygnrforum dropped? ;)

What I personally want? No, I don't want that to happen at all. I like a forum where people can be negative, to some extent. And I think this forum has become so mucb betterf in recent years and that it is a shame that it isn't recognized as the asset it is to GN'R. My point was just to point out that it is more natural to leave something you don't approve of than to hang around just to bitch, which was sort of what I got from the post I quoted. It was a descriptive statement on human nature, not a normative statement of what I want to see happen.

GnR fans are actually pretty cool with the situation given to them. There are few bands out there that piss on their fan bases like GnR does. And the funniest thing is... by GnR we mean Axl, of course. It's ridiculous. Defending all that shit Jordan Rose listed is ridiculous at this point. GnR used to be my favorite band but every time I listen to GnR now, even if I think it's awesome, I get this horrible feeling after having gone to five shows with basically the same setlist in 4 years time and being treated like garbage in my backstage tour by the GnR camp. Only decent guy was actually Jarmo, to be honest.

How did they treat you?

How did they treat you?

I was really excited 'cause, y'know... I had been to a few GnR concerts before but never a backstage tour and thought "hey, this is gonna be cool" but man... it was really awful, huge rush, very poorly organized, meet up was horrible, security guys kept pushing people like they were doing us a favor and we hadn't paid them big cash to be there. When Tommy appeared he was clearly drunk, barely looked at the camera for the people, just stood there talking to his buddy/roadie guy while people took pictures with him and barely looked at people's cameras, really. He was looking at the guy kinda behind them, talking. Well, the rush kept on going, security guy pushing people, even women and Ron arrived at the end in a very bad mood, I asked him "will you guys play shackler's tonight?" and he answered "ask Axl" and the other dude said "it's meet and greet and he's not here!" and ron's answer was like shaking his head and shoulders and turning away. No pics, no time. Security guy took us out to the GA in the rain and that was it. Felt completely ripped off. Paid to take a picture with a drunk "fuck you" Tommy and at least, a polite Dizzy. But the rest... never again. Ever.

How did they treat you?

I was really excited 'cause, y'know... I had been to a few GnR concerts before but never a backstage tour and thought "hey, this is gonna be cool" but man... it was really awful, huge rush, very poorly organized, meet up was horrible, security guys kept pushing people like they were doing us a favor and we hadn't paid them big cash to be there. When Tommy appeared he was clearly drunk, barely looked at the camera for the people, just stood there talking to his buddy/roadie guy while people took pictures with him and barely looked at people's cameras, really. He was looking at the guy kinda behind them, talking. Well, the rush kept on going, security guy pushing people, even women and Ron arrived at the end in a very bad mood, I asked him "will you guys play shackler's tonight?" and he answered "ask Axl" and the other dude said "it's meet and greet and he's not here!" and ron's answer was like shaking his head and shoulders and turning away. No pics, no time. Security guy took us out to the GA in the rain and that was it. Felt completely ripped off. Paid to take a picture with a drunk "fuck you" Tommy and at least, a polite Dizzy. But the rest... never again. Ever.

hey Cosmo,

How much were you scalped for?

I'd love to know if the band members that show get some of your money for that pile of shite...sounds like they don't.

The meet and greet should have been something Axl wanted to do, not 'felt like when the mood hit him', it's taking advantage of the fans, especially when we read about models being brought to the pit and backstage. The only thing they should have done was brought the fans to soundcheck, have them sit and watch, maybe shoot the shit for a bit and get stuff signed that way.

Most of them signed stuff and posed for fans doing the waiting game after the shows.

With the meet and greets, it sounds as though it was a pretty miserable experience - and a real slap in the face for the fans that paid for it.

...but wasn't it always the case that Axl refused to do them? I remember in one of those rare interviews a few years ago he specifically said that he hated them and didn't want to ever charge people to meet him. I always got the feeling it was something where he finally said "Fine, set it up, but I will have no part of it personally." He seems to usually be totally fine with signing stuff for free if people catch him outside the show.

Edited by stella

So Axl is against meet and greets on principle yet he'll charge fans for meet and greets that he doesn't attend when he's the only one fans really want to meet? Makes perfect NuGNR sense.

Probably the big idea at the 3 hour meeting... I really can't see Axl being the mastermind behind this. He strikes me as someoen who couldn't care less about that stuff.

How did they treat you?

That's just a completely fucking depressingly sad and retarded thing to hear dude. What a major jipp-job. Wow... Just... Wow...

Tommy Stinson surprised everyone during a radio interview in the US by saying "I'm out of the loop" something like "I'm out of the loop / loop" when asked by Guns N' Roses.

Listen to the interview at this link:

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10669552

Speculation begins now....

"The loop" can be defined as "Axl, Team Complaints and maybe Del".

Not even a little surprising. It's been like this for over a decade.

Edited by username

With the meet and greets, it sounds as though it was a pretty miserable experience - and a real slap in the face for the fans that paid for it.

...but wasn't it always the case that Axl refused to do them? I remember in one of those rare interviews a few years ago he specifically said that he hated them and didn't want to ever charge people to meet him. I always got the feeling it was something where he finally said "Fine, set it up, but I will have no part of it personally." He seems to usually be totally fine with signing stuff for free if people catch him outside the show.

You know what? If Axl really cared and found out about this (I'm assuming he's unaware of it at all. Which is beyond ridiculous since he's supposed to be "THE MAN" in charge of GNR and should be fully aware of shit like this) he has the power to shut that kind of a major rip-off bull-shit right the fuck down. Like, really Axl?? Come on dude. Grow some fucking balls again man and tell your fucking people to smarten the fuck up and stop ripping your most devoted fans right the fuck off. Shut them down completely. That's fucked. Nickelback probably does a better meet n greet than this. Which makes things even worse because I can't stand fucking Nickel-Crack...