Steven Adler Says Guns N’ Roses Reunion Album ‘Would Blow Away Appetite For Destruction’

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-says-guns-n-roses-reunion-album-blow-away-appetite-destruction/

Steven Adler Says Guns N’ Roses Reunion Album ‘Would Blow Away Appetite For Destruction’

Rock MusicClassic RockHard RockTop Storiesby Brett Buchanan - Feb 23, 2015
Original Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler discussed a potential reunion of the band’s original lineup in a recent interview on One On One With Mitch Lafon, via Blabbermouth.
“As of today, I have four hundred and four days sober, and I have never been happier, I have never played better or had more fun playing,” he said. “I mean, if we did ever do a reunion, or if we even made a record again together, the GNR guys, I think it would blow Appetite For Destruction away. All of us are such better players. And when we did Appetite, we were only adults for maybe three or four years. And that’s from our experiences in life, that’s what we came up with. Now we’ve been adults for 30 years, and I’ve been through ups and downs, like an emotional roller coaster. I have a lot to write about, and I know the other guys, if we got together, being adults now and knowing what we know, and [having] been through what we’ve been through, I think we could make an even bigger kickass record.”
Adler later said, “It’s Axl’s call on doing a reunion. It’s all up to him. And I love him and I have his back, and I support him in everything he does except for if he doesn’t wanna play for the fans, I can’t support that. ‘Cause it’s all for the fans. If he says it’s not for the money, it’s for the art — it’s for the fans. That’s what it’s for.”
“I would love to finish what I started with them. Like Motley Crue, they’re doing their last tour. They started something, and they finished something. And to go out that way, it’s gotta be magic. To look back on [your time in the band] and say, ‘I had a great career. God really blessed me.’ Plus [The Rolling Stones’] Mick Jagger and Keith Richards hated each other. They still hate each other, but they’re still playing music 52 years later, because they know what they’ve got. They have something that’s magical, and the fans love ‘em.”
-edited to include content of article.
  • Like 1

I hope this time Steven stays sober, he is a really nice person, I hope Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven with some good singer make a good album, I know even this wont happen, but well GNR Reunion is out of the question, So I hope at least these 4 guys make an album together, Stevens album Back from the dead with Adler was pretty good, it had some good songs, even Alive and Fading from Adlers Appetite were pretty good, All the best Steven, Stay sober this time

• Like 1

This man was part of something so legendary, something historical.

It's no wonder that he's still obsessed with his role that piece of history. Most people would be.

Its hard for him to move on, all of them were like a family and from the streets they became millionaires cause of the amazing music which they put together, they saw the good and the bad times together, I wish Steven was there during the illusions Era, it would have been great, I guess everyone is in the favor of a reunion except for Axl, A few shows together wont do any harm, I guess even Axl can never forget those times, but well his Ego is too much

I love Steven. You could hand him a cup as a gift and he'd proclaim it to be the best cup in the world.

I wonder what the tracklisting would be for an album based on their life experiences so far

Welcome to the Dry House (Adler)

It's So Cheesy (Axl)

Weightgain (Axl & Slash)

They Got Me (Izzy)

Mr. Coldstone (Axl & Slash)

Exercise City (Duff)

My Del (Axl)

Think About Food (Axl & Slash)

Sweet Pie O' Mine (Axl & Slash)

I'm Crazy (Axl)

Marrying Ho's (Slash)

Cash Machine (Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler)

that is some funny shit man!

• Like 1

If it doesnt happen when Slash's tour ends, then it wont happen anytime son...

It's not going to happen. We all know it's true.

Well if you're not some kind of clairvoyant then you can't know what is going to happen. Atleast say you think its not going to happen. Im pretty sure what Slash has been doing and saying about Axl in the last time is what he may consider an apologize to Axl. Yes, its far from meaning something, but thats what i think and im not speaking in the name of everybody as you're doing.

It's awesome that he's sober but his line of thinking is severely intoxicated. It's possible they could make a great record together but they aren't in any way shape or form going to put out anything that blows AFD away. Also as much as Steven has to draw from in his life when it comes to writting, it's not his writting that anybody wants to hear. Hit the drums sure, writing songs no. Also yeah they may all be better players at this stage but Axl is a much weaker singer. I'd be all for a reunion but Steven lives ina fantasy land if he even remotely believes what he's saying in those quotes.

Ah, Steven. I thought he got this out of his system at the RnRHoF and said he wasn't going to bring up reunions anymore??

If they did do a reunion, and I think we'll see a cold day in Hell first...I honestly think they'd use Matt Sorum anyway, because he's more reliable/likely to be sober. Every single one of them - Duff, Slash, Izzy, Axl - has pointedly avoided asking Steven to join their bands or working with him on more than a tiny guest spot here and there. I think that says something. And of course if that *did* happen it would probably crush Steven irreparably...

• Like 2