AXL ROSE Is 'The Guy You Call If You Make A Mistake And Need To Be Bailed Out At 4 O'Clock In The Morning'

I always remember fondly of friends who helped me with money in the past, that doesn't mean i only like those friends because of their money. :/

I always remember fondly of friends who helped me with money in the past, that doesn't mean i only like those friends because of their money. :/

When Prince got inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, he said something to the effect of "A true friend is not on your payroll". I've always thought of that when it comes to any of the "inner circle" for any artist.

• Like 4

In some ways I regret joining the GNR online community because I wish I didn't half the stuff about the soap opera that I do.

I could do without knowing who Beta and Fernando etc are( no offense to them meant, really)

The music and musicians and how they wrote, recorded and performed is a genuine interest and a bit of their background, personal life and antics goes along with that but I think it's kind of sad when the entourage become celebrities too.

I'm a huge Ozzy/Sabbath fan too, but I wish I didn't know who Sharon, Kelly and Jack Osbourne are either.

This is actually the most sane post i've seen here looong time ago....

Even true disbelievers must admit that something is going on...too much Axl in the last days.

Why are everyone mentioning him?

Why are all of them saying he's good, nice, true friend,...?

They are trying to get a nice picture of him in public. Why?

In my wildest dreams (but I don't believe it at all), he will join Slash and it would be his statement as forgiving person, giving his hand of reconciliation.

Is it possible? Is he that kind of person?

It would be much more than 'just' getting back together ad GNR.

I don't think he is mature enough for that kind of humble move. He seems like a guy expecting everyone else to crawl back to him with mouth full of apologies.

Much more real dream is new album which I'm afraid of :D

probably because you're on a GNR forum too much

the majority of the world (inc. the music world) doesn't give a flying donkey fuck about Axl or GNR

Edited by Motivation

Even true disbelievers must admit that something is going on...too much Axl in the last days.

Why are everyone mentioning him?

Why are all of them saying he's good, nice, true friend,...?

They are trying to get a nice picture of him in public. Why?

In my wildest dreams (but I don't believe it at all), he will join Slash and it would be his statement as forgiving person, giving his hand of reconciliation.

Is it possible? Is he that kind of person?

It would be much more than 'just' getting back together ad GNR.

I don't think he is mature enough for that kind of humble move. He seems like a guy expecting everyone else to crawl back to him with mouth full of apologies.

Much more real dream is new album which I'm afraid of :D

probably because you're on a GNR forum too much

the majority of the world (inc. the music world) doesn't give a flying donkey fuck about Axl or GNR

True :D

especially when I'm stuck at home having a bad flu.

I can tell you the most unbelievable things I've read on Internet in the last few days,haha

It seems to be always about money. Imo friends and money don't go together. I couldn't imagine depending financially on my friends or vice versa. Money corrupts friendship imo, or at least, I'd feel that way, not knowing if they needed me for who I am or for my money.

But I guess when you (and your family) are living off your friend's money for 30 years, your views change and you think it's normal.

Money talks....always has, always will. :shrugs:

Billy C. and kid Rock were also paid to praise Axl Rose ... lolol

- "Billy C. says shit since the begining of his career"

- "Kid Rock 's music is utter shit"

- "Del James is an hired hand"

It's funny how there's always a good excuse to "bash" someone who say something nice about Axl ... that's hilarious :lol: .

Dude ... don't try so hard ... everybody knows you can't help financially a friend or he won't be your friend at all.

If a "friend" of yours call you at 4 o'clock, asking you some help because his son is dying and he doesn't have a health insurance and he don't have enough money to treat him ... YOU SHOULDN'T HELP HIM, or you won't be a good friend ... even if you are a millionaire.

oldGN'R logic :lol:

• Like 1

Del has been "working" with Axl since 1985 and never left because Axl is, his meal ticket. Plain and simple.

Let's see things in your way ... Del has been "working" with Axl since 1985 because Axl is satisfied with Del as an employee, and Del is satisfied with Axl as a Boss.

But now, tell me: would you call your boss at 4 o'clock to help you? Would he help you? Ok, let's assume you have a nice boss who's your meal ticket as well ... how many people can say the same about their boss?

;)

Edited by GUNNER PT
  • Like 1

It seems to be always about money. Imo friends and money don't go together. I couldn't imagine depending financially on my friends or vice versa. Money corrupts friendship imo, or at least, I'd feel that way, not knowing if they needed me for who I am or for my money.

But I guess when you (and your family) are living off your friend's money for 30 years, your views change and you think it's normal.

Money talks....always has, always will. :shrugs:

Billy C. and kid Rock were also paid to praise Axl Rose ... lolol

- "Billy C. says shit since the begining of his career"

- "Kid Rock 's music is utter shit"

- "Del James is an hired hand"

It's funny how there's always a good excuse to "bash" someone who say something nice about Axl ... that's hilarious :lol: .

What are you talking about? I always say nice things about Axl. I'm a fangirl.

When I praise a friend, I praise him for the times he was there for me, giving me a shoulder to cry on, cheering me up, or I reminisce all the fun times we had. I just notice that whenever Del says something nice about Axl, it always seems to involve money. I find that disappointing.

In my opinion, friendship is based on equality. If you are financially dependent, there is no equality.

As for the rest, by all accounts, Axl is a great and loyal friend. So I believe that he is.

Del has been "working" with Axl since 1985 and never left because Axl is, his meal ticket. Plain and simple.

Let's see things in your way ... Del has been "working" with Axl since 1985 because Axl is satisfied with Del as an employee, and Del is satisfied with Axl as a Boss.

But now, tell me: would you call your boss at 4 o'clock to help you? Would he help you? Ok, let's assume you have a nice boss who's your meal ticket as well ... how many people can say the same about their boss?

;)

Maybe you're used to having a boss. I don't, so your analogy does not apply to me.

I do have old friends who have been with me for more than 20 years, but I don't know what would that have to do with the thread itself. That, or your terrible English is not letting me understand what you're trying to say.

The reason why Axl is satisfied with Del is because he's one of his yes-men, the moment Del starts to question what Axl does, he's gone. Del knows this, so Del keeps praising Axl 24/7.

Poor GUNNER PT, she's only 10 years old :P

Anyway, I think Del should have to publically slag Axl off now to see who is right- if he stays in the loop Axl's a real friend and if Del gets punted Axl really is a baddy.

How do people know Del doesn't question Axl?

Maybe he does and doesn't get his ass kicked because Axl doesn't want to be a lonely motherfucker with no friends, like some nerds around here.

Friendships are based in love and tolerance. If you want to have friends, if you want to keep friends, you need to tolerate their flaws and they have to tolerate yours, as long as everything is talked out and they don't betray you in your principles.

As for the money part, there's an obvious difference between Axl's wealth and Del's wealth... It's hard to have friends or partners who are not in your same financial level because at times you end up paying everything but maybe Axl enjoys sharing his money. He's really rich and it's crazy he's going to save it all for himself or throw it all on himself.

Having lots of money changes your life and relationships forever. Usually for the bad.

• Like 2

Axl has always liked to help friends and family out, it seems. Back in the day he hired a lot of them to work for him - his siblings, Robert John, a few other friends from Indiana, etc. And it's worth noting that Del actually does have a job with him - if he's hired to do a job and he does it, he's not leeching, he's working. IMHO working for friends is always a very iffy thing, and can turn ugly very quickly, but perhaps for Del and Axl it's worked out. Giving money to a friend is even more fraught with danger, of course. But if you were rich and someone you considered a BFF - or as close as family - was really flailing and needed help as a one time thing - would you honestly sit back and watch them sink, or would you help them? The answer to that varies with the person and the relationship, but in this case Axl decided not to watch Del sink. Considering that he'd seen almost all of his friends and family die or leave in the mid 90s, perhaps he didn't want Del to be another casualty.

And as to Del acting as Axl's spokesperson, it's not a surprise. He trusts Del and since Del has worked as a journalist, perhaps he's savvy about fielding questions from the press. I'd much prefer to hear Axl directly but that's not likely to happen too often, if at all.

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

Axl has always liked to help friends and family out, it seems. Back in the day he hired a lot of them to work for him - his siblings, Robert John, a few other friends from Indiana, etc. And it's worth noting that Del actually does have a job with him - if he's hired to do a job and he does it, he's not leeching, he's working. IMHO working for friends is always a very iffy thing, and can turn ugly very quickly, but perhaps for Del and Axl it's worked out. Giving money to a friend is even more fraught with danger, of course. But if you were rich and someone you considered a BFF - or as close as family - was really flailing and needed help as a one time thing - would you honestly sit back and watch them sink, or would you help them? The answer to that varies with the person and the relationship, but in this case Axl decided not to watch Del sink. Considering that he'd seen almost all of his friends and family die or leave in the mid 90s, perhaps he didn't want Del to be another casualty.

And as to Del acting as Axl's spokesperson, it's not a surprise. He trusts Del and since Del has worked as a journalist, perhaps he's savvy about fielding questions from the press. I'd much prefer to hear Axl directly but that's not likely to happen too often, if at all.

Exactly this.

Also, we don't know what Del has done for Axl in return. We don't know because we don't hear Axl openly talking about it but for sure, Del has done a lot for him too. Maybe not in the financial sense but in other senses that are way more important for a human begin, such as love, understanding, conversation, advices, or even calling him on his shit. Sebastian Bach is another good friend of Axl who's always been around and don't seem to change... And we can't say Baz leeches on Axl. If Shannon Hoon and Wes Arkeen were still alive I think we would have seen them around Axl to these days, just like Del and Baz.

• Like 3

"I've been down with [Rose] since 1985. If the guy was as difficult as people say he is, no one could have stuck it out that long. There's no amount of money worth that big of a headache.

Well, no one has stuck it out that long except for him so it looks indeed like no amout of money is worth that big of a headache for most people...

Paul Tobias has known Axl since Indiana and has still been working with him in recent years. That's a long time.

There are different personalities, different ways of relating. And really, how many of us here can raise our hands and say we have hung on to all the friends we made 20 years ago, and that none of those people have died, drifted away or changed to the point where we don't want to be friends anymore? How about 30 years? Not Facebook pals but actual close, trusted friends?

Edited by stella

When Prince got inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, he said something to the effect of "A true friend is not on your payroll". I've always thought of that when it comes to any of the "inner circle" for any artist.

So true.

That shit is embarrassing on Dels part, seriously why should Slash or whoever need to pay his debts.

To me the idea he is trying to express , is that Axl is there for his frinds when is necessary .Maybe he didnt express himself with the best words , but thats the idea i get. Sounds simple to me .

That shit is embarrassing on Dels part, seriously why should Slash or whoever need to pay his debts.

To me the idea he is trying to express , is that Axl is there for his frinds when is necessary .Maybe he didnt express himself with the best words , but thats the idea i get. Sounds simple to me .

Something about not biting the hand that feeds.

Also, something about yes-men.

Something about not biting the hand that feeds.

Also, something about yes-men.

Ok let me think about this for a bit ...Del and Axl dont have a relationship for years and years now ?i mean at some point that has to be more because of money . I mean many people that once were close to Axl , and arent now and could stil have something to win in terms of money or maybe even contacts , but arent close to him anymore for some reason . So money doesnt control everything. Maybe in this case they are really friends? can you consider that Axl is capable of having a couple of close friends? i mean he isnt a monster. Still yes i do agree that he does have plenty of "yes men " around him .

• Like 1

I must admit that I just don't understand how could possibly any of us judge some man's relations with some other people ...and none of them is known to any of us??

It is ok to have own opinion, but some forum members are too much criticizing and making fun of members who don't share their own opinion, lol

I agree with Stella and TR...seems that men don't believe in friendship :D

• Like 2