GENE SIMMONS Says GUNS N' ROSES' 'Appetite For Destruction' 'Had An Honesty That Rock And Roll Had Been Missing'

Satisfaction is undeniably one of, maybe the greatest rock song of all time but so is Jungle. You sit there and try to say Jungle has lyrics that only teenagers can buy into, yet praise Satisfactions lyrical genius? Tell me who's buying into "I can't get no girly action but I try and I try...."

My point is Satisfaction has a wider universal appeal because it's just about, broadly speaking, not being satisfied, y'know, our Mums could relate to that, Jungles about street life...and pretty cornily at that, not really everyones forte, this is what I meant, hence the SCOM example, that shit is way more universal and has a better universal appeal than a song about slags and hustlers and robbers and chancers.

Seriously you're trying way to hard here.

Actually I'm being pretty offhand about it.

Welcome to the Jungle is arguably the greatest rock song of all time and in fact was ranked by VH1 as the best hard rock song of all time.

There's 5 million of these fuckin' lists by every stupid website or magazine or internet poll and the answers different every time, how viable is a list created by VH1?

http://www.planetrock.com/music/backstage/the-rock-lists/the-greatest-ever-rock-song/ that one says Stairway, is it Stairway now?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tags/top-100-classic-rock-songs/ That one says Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

http://rockonmedia.com/index.php?menu=charts&langid=eng&chart=MTV_Rocks_-_Top_100_Mega_Rock_Classics That one says it's Nirvana.

See what I'm getting at yet?

Jungle sounds just as fresh now as it did the day it was released and it more than any other song in history whips sports arenas into a frenzy.

I watch sports every day of my life and i don't think I've ever seen a song played over the PA before the game starts or at halftime 'whip' people into a 'frenzy', not ever. And even if it does it doesn't really stand for much other than the fact that it's evocative of a certain emotion or conducive to an aggression that can be found in competition, all kinds of music can do that and does regularly.

I don't agree also that it sounds fresh either but i guess thats an opinion thing.

When it comes to Jungle you are 100% completely wrong.

Sorry.
I agree that it's not comparable, in the sense that Jungle owns a far larger space in our current culture than Satisfaction. Walk into any sports event/arena and you'll hear Jungle used as a menacing, snarling fuck you to the opposing team.

Will you really, ANY sports arena? :lol: Are you sure? I hope none of this causes an argument Bono, apologies if any of it was offensive. I like how you've narrowed it down to 'our current culture' and narrowed the parameters, a lot of Satisfactions impact is to do with an impact on post war popular culture, which is a lot broader and is sort of the foundation upon which my statement stands. With the VH1 comment you were talking about 'of all time' now its 'our current culture'. This is where the difference is made. Christ, just in terms of live performance alone The Stones have played more gigs in more places to more people than GnR, on that level alone, thats taking away the fact that Satisfaction is one of the most played songs of all time, Satisfaction is the bigger song.

The song, in real life, has played a role in combat missions and wars in a way that no Rolling Stone song, save for Gimme Shelter, has. I

Used IN combat missions? :no: Oh wow...and thats to be proud of is it? :no: As far as being listened to during wars first of all how does someone quantify something like that? But since we're about it, The Stones were almost the soundtrack to Vietnam. I've read story upon story upon story by 'Nam vets who say The Stones were what kept them sane in Vietnam. I mean it's one of the most storied musical connections to war out there man, The Stones and Nam, they were synonymous with it, there's fuckin' literature and documentaries and fuckin'...guys on youtube posting on the message boards about how they first heard songs like Out of Time over in Nam and it reminds em of their friend they lost over there, thats just a rdiculous statement, 'played in Combat missions' means it has played and role in wars in a way that no Rolling Stones song has', basically The Stones trump em again except in the the field of 'played while cutting innocent people in half', well y'know what, you're welcome to that one cuz quite frankly I'd be ashamed of that fact. Deeply ashamed.

They say when Joe Strummer was first told that 'Rock the Casbah' was being written on the sides of American bombs being dropped in the Gulf War he wept. It's called having a heart.

I can't think of another song that has been more present in the past 25-30 years with respect to cultural and combat maintains than Jungle.

Why are we suddenly limiting to the last 25 years? Also, I'm not sure what this means, you're not sure that another song exists thats bigger in popular culture in the last 30 years? In culture and in combat, well lets put combat aside for a moment, you have no idea or ability to fathom or discern a song more popular than Welcome to the Jungle in the last 30 years? Wow, I'm really not sure what to say to that :lol: Um...no, you win that one, i just don't know to begin to answer that, thats about one of the weirdest things anyone ever said on here.

. It has been the theme song for battle and sports field alike.

So certain kinds of soldiers like it cuz it's evocative and gets them in the mood for brutality (unless you're suggesting it's freewheeling whimsical tone is the reason why its popular with soldiers, you've consistently made a point of words like 'combat' and 'battle' so...) AND they put it on when you go get your hotdogs at The local sports place. OK. And that makes it the greatest most recognisable song of the last 30 years?

I'd be interested to know which sports arenas play Jungle and if you guys say Hockey on skates or NFL and thats it then you've effectively invalidated your answer for the vaaaast majority of the sport on this planet.

You guys are effing delusional quite frankly :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Jungles up there with Satisfaction? Never. First of all Satisfaction is as fresh sounding today as it was the day it came out, Satisfaction, to this day, despite being one of the most played songs of all time, doesn't actually sound corny. Jungle does. Jungle is something only a teenager could really buy into. Satisfaction, shit, everybody understands that. No way, no way on earth does Jungle touch Satisfaction...and I ain't even that big a Stones fan. SCOM more fits the bill than Jungle.

Jungles up there with Satisfaction? Never. First of all Satisfaction is as fresh sounding today as it was the day it came out, Satisfaction, to this day, despite being one of the most played songs of all time, doesn't actually sound corny. Jungle does. Jungle is something only a teenager could really buy into. Satisfaction, shit, everybody understands that. No way, no way on earth does Jungle touch Satisfaction...and I ain't even that big a Stones fan. SCOM more fits the bill than Jungle.

Not sure what country your I but the intro to jungle is played at any and every major sporting event all the time without fail. I'd say it's as relevant now as it was when it came, if not more so.

Absolutely disagree. Gene's argument here is that it's an honest portrayal.

Not with the Satisfaction comparison he's not, that was a seperate part of the point be appeared to be making, the Satisfaction bit appeared to be him attempting to flesh out a parrallel between those songs in terms of what they were and the space they occupy in our culture...and it's nothing comparable.

I agree that it's not comparable, in the sense that Jungle owns a far larger space in our current culture than Satisfaction. Walk into any sports event/arena and you'll hear Jungle used as a menacing, snarling fuck you to the opposing team. The song, in real life, has played a role in combat missions and wars in a way that no Rolling Stone song, save for Gimme Shelter, has. I can't think of another song that has been more present in the past 25-30 years with respect to cultural and combat maintains than Jungle. It has been the theme song for battle and sports field alike. How you dismiss it so casually relative to a song like Satisfaction is beyond my understanding.

Absolute bollocks. Satisfaction, that riff, was and still is ubiquitous. It is seen as one of the defining anthems of, arguably the greatest era of rock music. When you think of the 1960s you immediately think of a gaggle of songs, of associated memory: I Want to Hold Your Hand, Like A Rolling Stone, Purple Haze. Satisfaction is one of them.

• Like 1

Not sure what country your I but the intro to jungle is played at any and every major sporting event all the time without fail. I'd say it's as relevant now as it was when it came, if not more so.

How does being played at sporting events make you relevant? It's played every so often as a boxers enterance or maybe some football teams pre-game thing once in a blue moon, certainly not 'any and every major sporting event all the time without fail', thats an absolutely preposterous claim. I suspect what you really mean is at NFL games and Ice Hockey which, newsflash, no one in the world apart from Americans cares about.

Edited by Len B'stard

How does being played at sporting events make you relevant? It's played every so often as a boxers enterance or maybe some football teams pre-game thing once in a blue moon, certainly not 'any and every major sporting event all the time without fail', thats an absolutely preposterous claim. I suspect what you really mean is at NFL games and Ice Hockey which, newsflash, no one in the world apart from Americans cares about.

You must not watch American sports. It's not preposterous at all actually.

You must not watch American sports. It's not preposterous at all actually.

Right, thank you, then you've answered my question, it is something thats more prevalent in American sports and not the world at large.

Edited by Len B'stard

Nobody watches American sports outside America because they are universally considered, shite. The fact Jungle is played at a bunch of basketball and wresting games means very little then. Satisfaction is a much bigger song than Jungle.

As if anyone in Tibet knows either song.

Look, the argument is a bit ridiculous. Most people who live in North America know the cultural impact Jungle has had here, whether it be its association with sports and war. That may not necessarily be a good thing in and of itself, but speaking from a North American perspective, that song has been part of the cultural zeitgeist for the past 25 years. Perhaps Satisfaction played a similar role in North America when it was released, but I'm not sure there's much comparison since the early 90s regarding which song has been a more dominant presence in radio play and entertainment properties (sports, movies, television, etc). Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but strictly from a North American perspective, Gene's analysis about the song is accurate.

• Like 4

This post here shows how completely out of touch you are with current culture. If you watch sports every day like you claim to you'd KNOW for a FACT that Jungle is arguably the most played sports anthem of the last 30 years. You'd have to be completey effing dellusional(as you call it) not to recognize this. Play Jungle in a bar anywhere in the world and see what happens. It's a massive song that has actually grown in appeal over the years.

The fact you are going to such great lengths to try and diminish the appeal and reach of Welcome to the Jungle proves my point that you are trying way too hard here to make some profound claim. You are NOT right. You are in fact wrong when you say a song like Welcome to the Jungle cannot be compared to Satisfaction as one of the all time great rock n roll songs. It can be, because it is.

Is Satisfaction the more popular song. Perhaps yeah, I'll even concede that but to say Jungle can't be compared and never will be is ridiculous because if the last 30 years have anything to say about it Jungle is the more poplar now. It's more in the public consciousness. I mean seriously we just had a thread the other day where a smart phone company was using Jungle to promote their brand.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

I usually hear Paradise City's intro being played more than Jungle at local sporting events :lol:

So Guns has at least two songs that have stuck around and stayed relevant up to 2015, how many KISS songs are still relevant?

Rock & Roll All Nite is debatable :axl:

As if anyone in Tibet knows either song.

Look, the argument is a bit ridiculous. Most people who live in North America know the cultural impact Jungle has had here, whether it be its association with sports and war. That may not necessarily be a good thing in and of itself, but speaking from a North American perspective, that song has been part of the cultural zeitgeist for the past 25 years. Perhaps Satisfaction played a similar role in North America when it was released, but I'm not sure there's much comparison since the early 90s regarding which song has been a more dominant presence in radio play and entertainment properties (sports, movies, television, etc). Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but strictly from a North American perspective, Gene's analysis about the song is accurate.

So basically your point if if we pretend North America constitutes the whole world then we might have a chance at having a valid point, if we limit ourselves to the last 25 to 30 years, that Jungle is the bigger song?

This post here shows how completely out of touch you are with current culture. If you watch sports every day like you claim to you'd KNOW for a FACT that Jungle is arguably the most played sports anthem of the last 30 years. You'd have to be completey effing dellusional(as you call it) not to recognize this. Play Jungle in a bar anywhere in the world and see what happens. It's a massive song that has actually grown in appeal over the years.

Can you not just keep repeating yourself please and like, y'know, expand a little, where, when, what sports event? And yes i do watch sports everyday, in the last ten days I've seen 4 football matches and 3 fights in the last ten days i ain't heard no Welcome to the Jungle? Now it's a 'sports anthem'? :lol: This just gets better and better.

And uh, what is this world yous live in where if you play a song at a sports arena fans get 'whipped up into a frenzy' and you play songs in a bar and somethings supposed to happen, I've been in hundreds of bars in my life and her a bajillion songs played, what do you imagine happens when you play Jungle in a bar, what, everyones gonna get up and start dancing? :lol: Have you ever been to a bar before? :lol: This ain't Rock n Roll High School. I'm sure it has grown in appeal over the years, still doesn't make a lot of difference to my point.

The fact you are going to such great lengths to try and diminish the appeal and reach of Welcome to the Jungle

Lengths? What, replying to your post you mean? :lol: Yeah really put myself out there, haven't I? :lol:

proves my point that you are trying way too hard here to make some profound claim.

Profound? :lol: What, saying the bigger pop song is the bigger pop song is an attempt to be profound is it? Do you actually know what that word means or did you just hear it a few times and just guess? :lol:

Is Satisfaction the more popular song. Perhaps yeah, I'll even concede that but to say Jungle can't be compared and never will be is ridiculous because if the last 30 years have anything to say about it Jungle is the more poplar now. It's more in the public consciousness.

You just ain't got a clue, have you? In this very post you've gone 'it is more popular...no wait, if the last 30 years have anything to do with it it's not'. This conversation is ridiculous and the only place you could ever have it is on a GnR forum which is perhaps the most damning condemnation of your point thus far.

Quite frankly i think you know I'm right too, as evidenced by your 'conceding' that Satisfaction is the bigger song...before saying it's not again 5 seconds later because you can't stand being wrong :lol: But facts are facts I'm afraid, no matter how much you choose to focus on halftime at the Redskins stadium or the good ol' boys of the Gulf War as the primary barometer of the popularity of pop songs :lol:

But whatever, some people need their little delusions, you're in the right place for it, go ahead kid, Welcome to the Jungle is the most popular song of our times, course, yeah.

*leaves snickering* :D

Can you not just keep repeating yourself please and like, y'know, expand a little, where, when, what sports event? And yes i do watch sports everyday, in the last ten days I've seen 4 football matches and 3 fights in the last ten days i ain't heard no Welcome to the Jungle? Now it's a 'sports anthem'? :lol: This just gets better and better.

And uh, what is this world yous live in where if you play a song at a sports arena fans get 'whipped up into a frenzy' and you play songs in a bar and somethings supposed to happen, I've been in hundreds of bars in my life and her a bajillion songs played, what do you imagine happens when you play Jungle in a bar, what, everyones gonna get up and start dancing? :lol: Have you ever been to a bar before? :lol: This ain't Rock n Roll High School. I'm sure it has grown in appeal over the years, still doesn't make a lot of difference to my point.

The fact you are going to such great lengths to try and diminish the appeal and reach of Welcome to the Jungle

Lengths? What, replying to your post you mean? :lol: Yeah really put myself out there, haven't I? :lol:

proves my point that you are trying way too hard here to make some profound claim.

Profound? :lol: What, saying the bigger pop song is the bigger pop song is an attempt to be profound is it? Do you actually know what that word means or did you just hear it a few times and just guess? :lol:

Is Satisfaction the more popular song. Perhaps yeah, I'll even concede that but to say Jungle can't be compared and never will be is ridiculous because if the last 30 years have anything to say about it Jungle is the more poplar now. It's more in the public consciousness.

You just ain't got a clue, have you? In this very post you've gone 'it is more popular...no wait, if the last 30 years have anything to do with it it's not'. This conversation is ridiculous and the only place you could ever have it is on a GnR forum which is perhaps the most damning condemnation of your point thus far.

Quite frankly i think you know I'm right too, as evidenced by your 'conceding' that Satisfaction is the bigger song...before saying it's not again 5 seconds later because you can't stand being wrong :lol: But facts are facts I'm afraid, no matter how much you choose to focus on halftime at the Redskins stadium or the good ol' boys of the Gulf War as the primary barometer of the popularity of pop songs :lol:

But whatever, some people need their little delusions, you're in the right place for it, go ahead kid, Welcome to the Jungle is the most popular song of our times, course, yeah.

Are you that fucking daft that you're gonna sit there and pretend that you have no clue what I'm saying. When I say any arena I mean EVERY fucking arena at any sporting event. Jungle is played all the damn time at football, hockey, basketball, baseball, lacrosse you name it. Gatorade just used Jungle last year in the commercials as well. It's like I said, arguably the most popular sports anthem of all time. Wake the fuck up.

I said I would even concede that Satisfaction may be the more popular song all time but Jungle has been the more prevelant song in the last 25 years and when you say shit like it's ridiculous to compare the two in terms of all time great rock songs I can't help but say Get the fuck outta here, because you can absolutely 100% compare the two. Jungle is arguably the best rock song of the 80s. Meaning it's up there in the conversation for all time great rock songs.

When you try to make a point and numerous posters call you out on your bullshit and tell you why you're wrong and you sit there acting like you have no idea what they are talking about it shows you have no clue. I mean to sit there and act like Jungle isn't a massive sports anthem and to go even further and act like even if it were it means nothing shows how incredibly clueless you are. And yes being a sports anthem has contributed to the relevance and popularity of the song regardless of what you think. Welcome to the Jungle over the last 25 years has been in the public consciousness more than Satisfaction. Satisfaction has longevity on it's side but let's talk again in 25 years and we'll see. You're completely blind and so out of touch if you don't think Jungle is up there with Satisfaction. Better? Maybe not but that's a matter of opinion and taste. What isn't a matter of opinion and taste though is the fact that Welcome to the Jungle is one of the all time greatest rock songs just like Satisfaction. The fact you think it's ridiculous to suggest that is mind blowingly absurd....... KID

Top Viewed youtube videos for each song

Satisfaction - 39 million

Welcome to the Jungle - 66 million

How dare anyone suggest Jungle is one of the all time great rock songs, up there with Satisfaction right? Only stupid kids who don't have a clue would even dare suggest it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Are you that fucking daft that you're gonna sit there and pretend that you have no clue what I'm saying. When I say any arena I mean EVERY fucking arena at any sporting event. Jungle is played all the damn time at football, hockey, basketball, baseball, lacrosse you name it

Soooooooooo...only sports Americans watch?

Gatorade just used Jungle last year in the commercials as well

So? Ford used Search and Destroy by The Stooges, don't make it the biggest of all fuckin' time ever. There was a time where Lust for Life was so popular it was played in sports arena, films, TV adverts, all over the place, still wouldn't put it on a par with the Satisfactions of this world.

Wake the fuck up.

Don't be rude, there's a good boy, it's only pop music.

I said I would even concede that Satisfaction may be the more popular song all time but Jungle has been the more prevelant song in the last 30 years and when you say shit like it's ridiculous to compare the two in terms of all time great rock songs I can't help but say Get the fuck outta here, because you can absolutely 100% compare the two.

Yes...and i stand by that. We're talking about a song thats been accepted into the national register for songs of cultural significance or whatever that fuckin' stable is called. The Library of Congress National Recording Registry. It was even played at the Superbowl like 10 years ago...a song thats like 40 years old or some shit. But it's totally out of the public consciousness though right? And you're comparing it to Welcome to the Jungle?!?

Jungle is arguably the greatest rock song of the 80s. Meaning it's up there in the conversation for all time great rock songs.

Depends who you're arguing with. On a GnR forum, yeah, I suppose it is.

I'll tell you what's ridiculous. When a guy tries to make an a point and numerous posters call you out on your bullshit and tell you why you're wrong and you sit there and give nothing to support what you are saying

Yes i do, i say very specific categoric things and all you do is prevaricate and ignore the point and just keep banging on about how North American sports arenas play it, well SO FUCKING WHAT, there is a world outside of North America, an entire fucking planet that is just completely not considered in the reckoning. You simply cannot come up with a decent point in defence of what you are saying, it took three posts worth of shit for you to even admit that Satisfaction was the bigger song. And which numerous posters are calling me out on my bullshit, where?!? You and Downzy and thats it. And Diesel Daisy said the same thing as me, more evidence of you talking completely out of your arse. It's just absolute and total rubbish. 'it's played in combat' 'sports arenas play it' and 'it's used in commercials' is simply not enough of a basis upon which to rightly claim that a song is more culturally significant or comparable in terms of cultural significance to such an enormous cultural footnote as Satisfaction. You are simply wrong and you don't like it and it's making you act like a tart.

actually say that the song isn't a sports anthem. You don't even knwo what the fuck you are talking about if that's what you actually think.

Did i fuckin' say that though or are you just a retard? Look up there and find me where i said that...i said 'oh, it's a sports anthem now', making light of the term sports anthem and the value therein, i didn't say it wasn't a sports anthem...further evidence of the fact that I'm conducting a discussion with a fucking moron.

Welcome to the Jungle over the last 25 years has been in the public consciousness more than Satisfaction. All time give Satisfaction the nod due to longevity but let's talk again in 25 years and we'll see.

At this point, i begin to worry. So a greater length of time causes a songs stature and place in our conciousness to degrade? Despite the fact it was being played at the Superbowl in 06 (since being played at American sporting events is apparently the be all and end all of musical relevance) and it was accepted into the National Register around that time? I guess thats cuz it was totally irrelevant right? Hows that for facts, now tell me what your facts are, 'soldiers play it when they drop bombs on people'. Please.

You're completely fucking blind and so out of touch if you don't think Jungle is up there with Satisfaction.

Oh yes, yes of course...and Guns n Roses and their albums are a totemic cultural footnote and their signature song has more relevance than that of the greatest rock n roll band of all times (and i don't even like The Stones that much) signature song. Absolute bollocks. Complete and utter gash and furthermore, totaly unsubstantiated by your vague claims...and then you have the gall to tell ME that I'm just saying stuff without anything to back em up. Ridiculous.

What isn't a matter of opinion and taste though is the FACT that Welcome to the Jungle is one of the all time greatest rock songs just like Satisfaction. The fact you think it's ridiculous to suggest that is mind blowingly absurd....... KID

Sorry but facts are facts and no amount of existing in the Mygnr microcosm of delusion where Chi Dem is the greatest album of the last 25 years and Axl Rose is a misunderstood genius waiting to spring the rock n roll album equivalent of the Illiad will change that. You can't just babble and rant and shout people down and think that makes you right...it doesn't, you're chatting shit, face it.

According to this American sporting logic, the fact that it has become an anthem for the braindeads of white trash America makes it better than a song which is regularly featured in the upper echelons of 'one hundred greatest songs', the world over.

According to this American sporting logic, the fact that it has become an anthem for the braindeads of white trash America makes it better than a song which is regularly featured in the upper echelons of 'one hundred greatest songs', the world over.

Nah, forget that, forget the almost half a century worth of acclaim, 2 weeks ago The Telegraph said GnR were the best rock band of all time so clearly that wipes out the entire history of popular music up until that point :lol:

:drevil:

• Like 1

Gene Simmons was bad mouthing Axl a couple of years ago saying some pretty hurtful stuff, weird thing is Axl appears at a Kiss show not long after actually talking with Gene and Axl seems none the wiser. Never been a fan of Kiss, only know a handful of there songs, they seemed to be more concerned with merchandise than the music, I bet some fans have spent fortunes on Kiss.

Any source for this or am i to just take your word for it?

Gangam Style crushes them both.

Yeah i noticed that too, was having trouble with my Maths working out how many figures in a million. I guess Gangham Style is the most culturally significant song of all time now, good choice of stat there Bono, well played son :lol:

Are you that fucking daft that you're gonna sit there and pretend that you have no clue what I'm saying. When I say any arena I mean EVERY fucking arena at any sporting event. Jungle is played all the damn time at football, hockey, basketball, baseball, lacrosse you name it. Gatorade just used Jungle last year in the commercials as well. It's like I said, arguably the most popular sports anthem of all time. Wake the fuck up.

I said I would even concede that Satisfaction may be the more popular song all time but Jungle has been the more prevelant song in the last 25 years and when you say shit like it's ridiculous to compare the two in terms of all time great rock songs I can't help but say Get the fuck outta here, because you can absolutely 100% compare the two. Jungle is arguably the best rock song of the 80s. Meaning it's up there in the conversation for all time great rock songs.

When you try to make a point and numerous posters call you out on your bullshit and tell you why you're wrong and you sit there acting like you have no idea what they are talking about it shows you have no clue. I mean to sit there and act like Jungle isn't a massive sports anthem and to go even further and act like even if it were it means nothing shows how incredibly clueless you are. And yes being a sports anthem has contributed to the relevance and popularity of the song regardless of what you think. Welcome to the Jungle over the last 25 years has been in the public consciousness more than Satisfaction. Satisfaction has longevity on it's side but let's talk again in 25 years and we'll see. You're completely blind and so out of touch if you don't think Jungle is up there with Satisfaction. Better? Maybe not but that's a matter of opinion and taste. What isn't a matter of opinion and taste though is the fact that Welcome to the Jungle is one of the all time greatest rock songs just like Satisfaction. The fact you think it's ridiculous to suggest that is mind blowingly absurd....... KID

How dare anyone suggest Jungle is one of the all time great rock songs, up there with Satisfaction right? Only stupid kids who don't have a clue would even dare suggest it. :rolleyes:

some people are just dumber than rocks