KeyserSoze

I think I read "integrity" and I had to look it up on You Tube :popcorn:

and

Still better performances than mostly fatter than ever Axl 2011 onwards

Axl already lost in EVERY comparison

get over it, fangirl

You just make an ass of yourself from time to time

2hhgeo6.jpg

Never that fat. I still listen to Slash solo stuff but his playing is so much different to when he was in Guns N' Roses.

Serious question here - why all the bashing/hate towards Slash for performing in the two above mentioned videos? Those are the two that constantly get used when Slash haters want to bash him.

I've never heard of Rubio so I looked her up and apparently - at least according to Wiki - she's one of the most successful latin recording artists of all time. Won numerous awards, sold over 20 million albums, and is an extremely successful and critically acclaimed singer.

And the Super Bowl performance. Yes, he looked cheesy as hell. But the super bowl is an absolute HUGE event to play. Katy Perry said it was the "biggest" performance of her life. It's an extreme honor to be asked to play at the Super Bowl and only the "biggest" stars of the time receive the honor. For a time period the BEP were one of the 4-5 biggest bands in the world. They were winning grammys, sold 75 million albums, number one hits, etc.

The debate on here usually centers around Axl's playing a wedding and a celebrity birthday party - vs Slash playing with Rubio and the friggin Super Bowl. If you took Axl and Slash's names out of the equation, and asked every single music fan and musician/artist since the beginning of time "in terms of "integrity (whatever the heck that even means) as an artist, which shows a lack of it: playing weddings/birthday parties or playing the Super Bowl and with somebody of Rubio's career." How lopsided do you think that poll would turn out?

It would no doubt be in the 90% saying the wedding/birthday party. BUT on this forum, people bring up the Rubio/Super Bowl thing like it's a huge stain on Slash's career. Serious question, not looking for insults or fights - but just curious as to the reasoning behind it. Why do you think it is a stain on Slash's career, when the majority of people in the music business wouldn't agree with you?

• Like 1

Serious question here - why all the bashing/hate towards Slash for performing in the two above mentioned videos? Those are the two that constantly get used when Slash haters want to bash him.

I've never heard of Rubio so I looked her up and apparently - at least according to Wiki - she's one of the most successful latin recording artists of all time. Won numerous awards, sold over 20 million albums, and is an extremely successful and critically acclaimed singer.

And the Super Bowl performance. Yes, he looked cheesy as hell. But the super bowl is an absolute HUGE event to play. Katy Perry said it was the "biggest" performance of her life. It's an extreme honor to be asked to play at the Super Bowl and only the "biggest" stars of the time receive the honor. For a time period the BEP were one of the 4-5 biggest bands in the world. They were winning grammys, sold 75 million albums, number one hits, etc.

The debate on here usually centers around Axl's playing a wedding and a celebrity birthday party - vs Slash playing with Rubio and the friggin Super Bowl. If you took Axl and Slash's names out of the equation, and asked every single music fan and musician/artist since the beginning of time "in terms of "integrity (whatever the heck that even means) as an artist, which shows a lack of it: playing weddings/birthday parties or playing the Super Bowl and with somebody of Rubio's career." How lopsided do you think that poll would turn out?

It would no doubt be in the 90% saying the wedding/birthday party. BUT on this forum, people bring up the Rubio/Super Bowl thing like it's a huge stain on Slash's career. Serious question, not looking for insults or fights - but just curious as to the reasoning behind it. Why do you think it is a stain on Slash's career, when the majority of people in the music business wouldn't agree with you?

I'm of the opposite belief. The more people you can play with, the better. You can learn from everyone. You can adapt and absorb ideas from all walks of music. A lot of the Slash bashers will point to Fergie as if he played with Hitler. I thought the Beautiful Dangerous collaboration kicked ass and thought Fergie killed it on that song and also on Paradise City. Some rock fans think rock music is some sort of untouchable art and that any other form of music is garbage and beneath.

• Like 2

I'm of the opposite belief. The more people you can play with, the better. You can learn from everyone. You can adapt and absorb ideas from all walks of music. A lot of the Slash bashers will point to Fergie as if he played with Hitler. I thought the Beautiful Dangerous collaboration kicked ass and thought Fergie killed it on that song and also on Paradise City. Some rock fans think rock music is some sort of untouchable art and that any other form of music is garbage and beneath.

You make perfect sense. Outside of this forum most people would agree with you. Only here would it be seen as a bad thing.

• Like 1

You make perfect sense. Outside of this forum most people would agree with you. Only here would it be seen as a bad thing.

The funny thing is the only reason people here would see it as a bad thing is because they have this perverse sense of rock n roll integrity. Like GnR embodies everything honorable in the world and to lower yourself to acknowledging pop acts let alone playing with them is baically heresy. It's Guns n Roses for crying out loud. It's not like they were every Pearl Jam back in the day rebelling against the machine. GnR embraced EVERYTHING that was pop rock. The diva behaviour, the big budget music videos, the limos, the cover magazne interviews, the fame all of it. The people who view GnR as some sacred mantle of integrity are delusional.

I mean the same people criticzing Slash for performing with pop artists and shwoing at the Super Bowl are the same people who ask every year if GnR will play the Super Bowl and who prasie Axl for telling people at an awards show to be quiet because he wanted so badly to hear Christina perform because he's a huge fan. Funny how suddenly after that all these bad ass rock n roll fans were saying how great Christina is and how they admire Axl for appreciating all types of music and artists.

• Like 2

The funny thing is the only reason people here would see it as a bad thing is because they have this perverse sense of rock n roll integrity. Like GnR embodies everything honorable in the world and to lower yourself to acknowledging pop acts let alone playing with them is baically heresy. It's Guns n Roses for crying out loud. It's not like they were every Pearl Jam back in the day rebelling against the machine. GnR embraced EVERYTHING that was pop rock. The diva behaviour, the big budget music videos, the limos, the cover magazne interviews, the fame all of it. The people who view GnR as some sacred mantle of integrity are delusional.

I mean the same people criticzing Slash for performing with pop artists and shwoing at the Super Bowl are the same people who ask every year if GnR will play the Super Bowl and who prasie Axl for telling people at an awards show to be quiet because he wanted so badly to hear Christina perform because he's a huge fan. Funny how suddenly after that all these bad ass rock n roll fans were saying how great Christina is and how they admire Axl for appreciating all types of music and artists.

You do speak the truth

I am in the middle on the collaborations. Some of them have been incredible, inspired and produced wonderful music: Michael Jackson, Kravitz, many of them on the solo album. A few of them do stink a bit such as Blackstreet, P Diddy and the Superbowl appearance.

Lenny Kravitz' Field Of Joy is awesome

Its funny i got that album for the first time last year and was listening to that song. I had no idea Slash played on it and when it got the solo i thought to myself damn Kravitzs guitar tone and playing sound a helluva lot like Slash here. And sure enough it was Slash ha. I only thought he had played on Always On The Run. Anyways, Field of Joy is awesome.

The irony of Axl's fury at Slash associating himself with GNR is quite sad, one guy has released several albums at this point and long since progressed beyond his earlier achievements and Axl is still touring three quarters classic material and a ten year old record and losing band members, if only he'd just get the hell on with some music... no idea what goes on in that strange brain of his.

• Like 1

I am in the middle on the collaborations. Some of them have been incredible, inspired and produced wonderful music: Michael Jackson, Kravitz, many of them on the solo album. A few of them do stink a bit such as Blackstreet, P Diddy and the Superbowl appearance.

Agreed - but how do you explain the fury that goes on in the forum before every Super Bowl that Axl and GnR might be playing?

The same people who are bashing Slash for playing the Super Bowl are then giddy for about a week hoping that Axl plays the Super Bowl.

I just think that bashing Slash for having no musical integrity is comical when your favorite singer has recently played a wedding and a birthday party and is making a living by touring music his band wrote 25-30 years ago. (By your I don't mean Diesel, but people on this forum).

Edited by Apollo

Agreed - but how do you explain the fury that goes on in the forum before every Super Bowl that Axl and GnR might be playing?

The same people who are bashing Slash for playing the Super Bowl are then giddy for about a week hoping that Axl plays the Super Bowl.

I just think that bashing Slash for having no musical integrity is comical when your favorite singer has recently played a wedding and a birthday party and is making a living by touring music his band wrote 25-30 years ago. (By your I don't mean Diesel, but people on this forum).

You're insane. :heart:

That's what being a fan of Axl does to you!

My last family vacation was designed around a GnR show. Flew a thousand miles, hotel, rental car, etc. probably a $5,000 trip.

But Axl and the boys put on a great show. It was money well spent and a great show and fantastic vacation.

And if the guy ever releases a new album, we will do it again!

I don`t follow musicians for their integrity, I follow them for music. All this talk about integrity seems bit ridiculous to me.

That's great. It's good to see that you've changed your thinking, as you use to constantly bash Slash for his musical choices and lack if integrity.

Looking forward to seeing the "new" dark knight and how he posts now.

• Like 1

My last family vacation was designed around a GnR show. Flew a thousand miles, hotel, rental car, etc. probably a $5,000 trip.

But Axl and the boys put on a great show. It was money well spent and a great show and fantastic vacation.

I don`t follow musicians for their integrity, I follow them for music. All this talk about integrity seems bit ridiculous to me.

That's great. It's good to see that you've changed your thinking, as you use to constantly bash Slash for his musical choices and lack if integrity.

You have me mixed up with someone else I`ve never bashed Slash for his lack of integrity.

You have me mixed up with someone else I`ve never bashed Slash for his lack of integrity.

My deepest apologies.

I agree. Damn Axl fans for bringing that up so much to justify the lack of new music, information, etc and to make Slash look like a money whore. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

I don't even really like Slash's solo stuff, I respect it, it's decent enough stuff nothing at all wrong with it, I dunno, never really took to it but millions of others do so more power to him and them. It's not cause I want Rose on it either, there's just something missing enough for me to not want to put the records on, I do really like a couple VR tracks though.

well, music and integrity from axl's version of guns n roses, are you fucking crazy....lol

Did I say Axl and his version of Guns N`Roses had integrity ?

Edited by Dark Knight