Slash already working on material for next album

KeyserSoze

Dude has some collaborations with pop acts, but thats nothing new. It started with Michael Jackson back in the day, so what? Still some pretty good ones, Give In To Me or Street Child are fantastic for example.

Sure, he played on some forgettable songs like that one with Rihanna but out of the probably 100 collaborations there are maybe 10 that aren't good. He is a musican who likes to play guitar. It's so Easy

Collaboration with Michael Jackson was the best thing ever. He should have stuck with that level of artists and don't stoop so low as to play with Paulina Rubio, Marta Sanchez, Rihanna or Fergie!

What's the need to ruin himself like that?

:facepalm:

Useless arguing which one of these two spoiled brats has more " integrity" :facepalm:

When you play Russian billionaire private parties, there's not even room for that word.

True but plugging your guitar anywhere you can is nothing to brag about either. Bottom line is, they`re as bad as each other.

Useless arguing which one of these two spoiled brats has more " integrity" :facepalm:

When you play Russian billionaire private parties, there's not even room for that word.

True but plugging your guitar anywhere you can is nothing to brag about either. Bottom line is, they`re as bad as each other.

Plugging his guitar to anywhere. You make it sound so dirty. The man likes to play his guitar and people want his guitar on their songs and albums. There is nothing I repeat: nothing wrong with it at all. You don't have to listen to what you don't like. It's as simple as that.

Whatever Slash is doing, it seems to really work for him. He has become an icon and his talent, hard work, good business decisions and the way his brand grew will probably lead to him becoming a legend after his time. I thought the Guitar Hero thing was a good move for example. And the Gibson and Marshall deals that he's still building. He's good with people and building relationships with partners.

On top of that, it gives him the chance to always play his guitar in connection to different projects so he's never rusty. If you're a fan of Slash, I only expect good things from him in the future. If you're into what he's doing, he's going to deliver what he's good at on time. He's reliable which again is one of the main reasons so many artists want to work with him. That's a good thing imo. It means you're in demand.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Plugging his guitar to anywhere. You make it sound so dirty. The man likes to play his guitar and people want his guitar on their songs and albums. There is nothing I repeat: nothing wrong with it at all. You don't have to listen to what you don't like. It's as simple as that.

Whatever Slash is doing, it seems to really work for him. He has become an icon and his talent, hard work, good business decisions and the way his brand grew will probably lead to him becoming a legend after his time. I thought the Guitar Hero thing was a good move for example. And the Gibson and Marshall deals that he's still building. He's good with people and building relationships with partners.

On top of that, it gives him the chance to always play his guitar in connection to different porjects so he's never rusty. If you're a fan of Slash, I only expect good things from him in the future. If you're into what he's doing, he's going to deliver what he's good at on time. He's reliable which again is the reason so many artists want to work with him. That's a good thing imo. It means you're in demand.

OK.

Dude has some collaborations with pop acts, but thats nothing new. It started with Michael Jackson back in the day, so what? Still some pretty good ones, Give In To Me or Street Child are fantastic for example.

Sure, he played on some forgettable songs like that one with Rihanna but out of the probably 100 collaborations there are maybe 10 that aren't good. He is a musican who likes to play guitar. It's so Easy

Collaboration with Michael Jackson was the best thing ever. He should have stuck with that level of artists and don't stoop so low as to play with Paulina Rubio, Marta Sanchez, Rihanna or Fergie!

you're only stooping according to you're opinion.........dude's a guitarist that doesn't sing......he's Just makin' a livin' baby.

not when everything one has done has been self financed. Every tour, all the studio time, all the road crew's and musicians pay came out of slash's bank. not sure how that's spoiled or lacks integrity. if that's what you think, you have no clue as to the definitions of the word

Never believed I would see the day that a musician was criticized for releasing music and for doing guest spots with other major acts.

Luckily, I have the ability to look at other forums and websites to get a better overall view of what the general rock and music public think. And I hate to bust anybody's bubble.....but outside of GnR forums, slash is pretty much loved by all. Axl on the other hand....not so much. Even take a look at the Slash and GnR Facebook pages and read the comments.

I will always be a diehard Axl fan. And I haven't like the majority of Slash's post GnR work. But to hate the guy just because Axl does? The official term is Bieber Logic. And as an adult, it's something my brain will never be able to comprehend.

Let me repeat. Sharing your music, playing with lots of different musicians, and being fan friendly in terms of interviews.....in this forum, those are considered bad and void of integrity. Not sharing your music, rarely doing interviews, playing tours that live off of 25-30 year old material, and playing weddings and birthday parties for b-level actresses....on this forum, that's considered having integrity.

Bieber Logic.

• Like 2

you're only stooping according to you're opinion.........dude's a guitarist that doesn't sing......he's Just makin' a livin' baby.

not when everything one has done has been self financed. Every tour, all the studio time, all the road crew's and musicians pay came out of slash's bank. not sure how that's spoiled or lacks integrity. if that's what you think, you have no clue as to the definitions of the word

I know what "integrity" means but hey, if it makes you happy, Slash is a saint he can do no wrong.

Edited by Dark Knight

Slash is a saint he can do no wrong.

Said no one ever on this forum.

I don't begrudge Slash for the amount of output, I just wish I liked any of it. I'm also not saying he shouldn't release music just because I don't like it. His albums sell, his tunes get played on the radio a lot, so someone must like it. I'm happy for those who like his music and I truly wish I did.

• Like 1

you're only stooping according to you're opinion.........dude's a guitarist that doesn't sing......he's Just makin' a livin'

Slash's not making a living... this guy is...

Personally I respect Slash for doing it for the love of the music. I am guessing he could sit back and live off his Guns/ VR royalties but he chooses to make new music. he also does it himself without a major label backing him. You may not like his music but how can you not respect him for that? At least he is making new music all the time. :shrugs:

• Like 1

I don't begrudge Slash for the amount of output, I just wish I liked any of it. I'm also not saying he shouldn't release music just because I don't like it. His albums sell, his tunes get played on the radio a lot, so someone must like it. I'm happy for those who like his music and I truly wish I did.

This sums me up too, I do like a few things off his solo album and the Snakepit albums but other than that...

this is a musician being a musician!

Learn Axl.

Axl probably has more material than Slash. Just saying.

yeah material that nearly 2 decades old and most of it will never be released :axl:

The second half of Chinese will be released eventually.

Learn Axl.

yeah material that nearly 2 decades old and most of it will never be released :axl:

Like i said (MOST of it :lol: )

I still believe we will hear new music from 2-3 years from now on

I've just actually re read some old CD quotes regarding the follow up album

This is gonna be good i f you like chinese, i guess

when we will hear it?

Nobody knows :axl:

Learn Axl.

when we will hear it?

yeah, after CD, I'm not expecting much from any of the follow ups, if we ever even get to hear it. and based off CD, doubt anyone's missing much anyway

much rather look forward to getting slash's new record whenever it comes out, most likely in late 2016 or early 2017

Learn Axl.

when we will hear it?

yeah, after CD, I'm not expecting much from any of the follow ups, if we ever even get to hear it. and based off CD, doubt anyone's missing much anyway

much rather look forward to getting slash's new record whenever it comes out, most likely in late 2016 or early 2017

Nowadays Slash is the stability regarding new material (whether good or not, it's up to your personal judgement)

I'm more into other artists/genres currently but always looking forward for new Slash releases

I just wish he should find some better singer than Myles, but he is more comfortable than ever with him (unfortunately for me :shrugs: )