Slash already working on material for next album

KeyserSoze

Slash really needs to take a more quality over quantity approach. Kinda like Axl. Axl knows what's up. For him it's about the music. Not so much with Slash. I mean even if most of Slash's fans tend to really enjoy not only the quality of the material but the quantity of it being released as well, he really needs to focus on making one great album no matter how long it takes. 5, 10, 20 years whatever. I mean nobody wants 4 albums worth of Slash material in the last 5 or 6 years. I mean come on man. Slow it down a bit. Focus on the art and stop churning out albums just for money. One album that the vast minority feel is great every 20 years would be a much better approach. PLus he could tour that album for 15 years or so and really give the album the attention it deserves. Axl knows what's up and those of you happy about Slash putting out so much material are just fanboys who will praise the guy no matter what. Those complaining about Slash releasing too many albums have their heads on straight and are true fans of music.

$la$h indeed.

Just think, If Slash employed a more, Axl orientated approach, he also could be wearing a nappy, eating burgers while playing with overdubs. Slash fans might be enjoying the privilege of being on one album in twenty-plus years (rather than the seven they have accumulated)!

Let's just hope after this current tour and when Slash is sifting thru all the ideas he came up with (and guaranteed the RQ extended solo has about 5-6 song ideas alone in it); that he picks up the phone and calls Izzy and says "hey man, want to write and play rythm on the next SMKC album. Don't worry dude, you don't have to tour if you don't want to, I got that covered" and he says OK.

Slash really needs to take a more quality over quantity approach. Kinda like Axl. Axl knows what's up. For him it's about the music. Not so much with Slash. I mean even if most of Slash's fans tend to really enjoy not only the quality of the material but the quantity of it being released as well, he really needs to focus on making one great album no matter how long it takes. 5, 10, 20 years whatever. I mean nobody wants 4 albums worth of Slash material in the last 5 or 6 years. I mean come on man. Slow it down a bit. Focus on the art and stop churning out albums just for money. One album that the vast minority feel is great every 20 years would be a much better approach. PLus he could tour that album for 15 years or so and really give the album the attention it deserves. Axl knows what's up and those of you happy about Slash putting out so much material are just fanboys who will praise the guy no matter what. Those complaining about Slash releasing too many albums have their heads on straight and are true fans of music.

$la$h indeed.

Not sure if you know this genius, but slash pays for all the costs of recording, disributing and touring his albums. So I don't know where you get off insinuating the guy's doing it for the money since he's shelling out all his own for this project.

Now if you're Axl, he got $14million to do CD. so yeah, he could afford to waiste 15 yrs on an album that generally sucked.

Edited by jmapelian

I think I read "integrity" and I had to look it up on You Tube :popcorn:

http://youtu.be/IqisMsT70TI

and

http://youtu.be/3kRub5hKRDM

Dude has some collaborations with pop acts, but thats nothing new. It started with Michael Jackson back in the day, so what? Still some pretty good ones, Give In To Me or Street Child are fantastic for example.

Sure, he played on some forgettable songs like that one with Rihanna but out of the probably 100 collaborations there are maybe 10 that aren't good. He is a musican who likes to play guitar. It's so Easy

is n`t it funny how Slash fans always incessantly talk about Axl no matter the subject ? it`s like a disturbed obsession at this point.

Isn't it funny how Axl fans "always incessantly" :lol: talk about Slash fans no matter the subject? It's like a "disturbed obsession" :lol: at this point.

is n`t it funny how Slash fans always incessantly talk about Axl no matter the subject ? it`s like a disturbed obsession at this point.

Isn't it funny how Axl fans "always incessantly" :lol: talk about Slash fans no matter the subject? It's like a "disturbed obsession" :lol: at this point.

Well done, teacher bring it on :thumbsup:

You should have either a period or another comma after teacher, and of course a period at the end of your sentence.

Posting a clip of Slash playing with other artists in an attempt to prove he has no integrity just proves how fucking stupid the person posting the clip is. Sash is a musician. He plays and writes music and collaborates with others and isn't afraid to work with other people despite what you feel is acceptable or not. Tell me what the fuck Axl Rose is and is doing? Sure as hell isn't a musician with integrity. If he was he'd at least make music and not leech of the past material that this whore $la$h helped create. I don't even know what Axl is anymore other than the messiah for a bunch of zealots on this site who genuinely believe 1 album in 20 years is better than what Slash is doing. Such a fucktard line of thinking. Seriously someone has to say it. The people who are actually criticising Slash for releasing too much music are fucked and massive hypocrits because if Axl was doing this you'd LOVE it.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 4

Fuckin' awesome :headbang:

If the ideas keep sprouting up, why wait?

Well duh, dude. Because Axl doesn't like Slash. So that means WE must not like him either.

Can you believe music fans are actually complaining on here about an artist who is excited to constantly share new music with their fans? Are they just young kids who don't know their music history? Or just clowns obsessed with the axl-v-slash feud, or just people with miserable lives so they come here to bitch and moan and cry all the time? Why do you think it is?

Of course, all this is nothing new. Remember how bitter and negative fans got back in the 70s when Led Zeppelin released TWO albums the same year? And then released an album the following year. And then the following year again. And then instead of taking five years off, they only waited two years for the next album. Talk about quantity over quality. Jeez. They really should have just put out one album during that five year period - it would have been a much better album. Who puts out four albums over a three year period. Ridiculous.

Or remember when Queen put out 9 albums over a 9 year period? I remember music fans being outraged and flooding the band's most popular internet forum with negativity and just completely bashing Freddy and the boys over it.

The Rolling Stones were the worst though. They actually released 20 albums in their first 20 years as a band. Several times they released two albums in a year - one at the start of the year and one at the end. Instead of 20 albums, they really should have just put out 3 albums over those 20 years. Those 3 albums would have been much better than getting the other 300 songs that shouldn't have gotten released.

But Axl releases one album every 20 years. So anybody that releases albums more frequently isn't considered about quality and should really just follow Axl's lead.

THE best possible response!!!!

and

Dude has some collaborations with pop acts, but thats nothing new. It started with Michael Jackson back in the day, so what? Still some pretty good ones, Give In To Me or Street Child are fantastic for example.

Sure, he played on some forgettable songs like that one with Rihanna but out of the probably 100 collaborations there are maybe 10 that aren't good. He is a musican who likes to play guitar. It's so Easy

How about this...i know some of you will find something wrong with this ;)

You should have either a period or another comma after teacher, and of course a period at the end of your sentence.

Blood boiling.

Edited by Dark Knight

Fuckin' awesome :headbang:

If the ideas keep sprouting up, why wait?

Well duh, dude. Because Axl doesn't like Slash. So that means WE must not like him either.

Can you believe music fans are actually complaining on here about an artist who is excited to constantly share new music with their fans? Are they just young kids who don't know their music history? Or just clowns obsessed with the axl-v-slash feud, or just people with miserable lives so they come here to bitch and moan and cry all the time? Why do you think it is?

Of course, all this is nothing new. Remember how bitter and negative fans got back in the 70s when Led Zeppelin released TWO albums the same year? And then released an album the following year. And then the following year again. And then instead of taking five years off, they only waited two years for the next album. Talk about quantity over quality. Jeez. They really should have just put out one album during that five year period - it would have been a much better album. Who puts out four albums over a three year period. Ridiculous.

Or remember when Queen put out 9 albums over a 9 year period? I remember music fans being outraged and flooding the band's most popular internet forum with negativity and just completely bashing Freddy and the boys over it.

The Rolling Stones were the worst though. They actually released 20 albums in their first 20 years as a band. Several times they released two albums in a year - one at the start of the year and one at the end. Instead of 20 albums, they really should have just put out 3 albums over those 20 years. Those 3 albums would have been much better than getting the other 300 songs that shouldn't have gotten released.

But Axl releases one album every 20 years. So anybody that releases albums more frequently isn't considered about quality and should really just follow Axl's lead.

THE best possible response!!!!

and

How about this...i know some of you will find something wrong with this ;)

That is the thing with Slash. He has played with BB King, Ron Wood, Les Paul, Ray Charles, Cheap Trick, Rod Stewart, Iggy, MJ, Lenny Kravitz, Motorhead and Paul Rogers. Eric Clapton said something like, ''jesus, he can play''. Just about the only people who do not give the guy the respect he deserves are a bunch of homosexual Axl fans who have the nerve to listen to a bunch of hacks rip off his material.

• Like 2