Slash already working on material for next album

KeyserSoze

People bitching about to much music. Unbelievable!

No, I think the argument is more that if he'd spent more time working on the music it might have been better. Everybody would LOOOOOVE great music every year. But if the alternative is mediocre music every year/second year (like many thinks is the case with Slash's output now) and possibly great music every 3-4 years (which some believe he would be able to achieve), then some might prefer the latter.

• Like 2

No, I think the argument is more that if he'd spent more time working on the music it might have been better. Everybody would LOOOOOVE great music every year. But if the alternative is mediocre music every year/second year (like many thinks is the case with Slash's output now) and possibly great music every 3-4 years (which some believe he would be able to achieve), then some might prefer the latter.

exactly

He's making another album? Apparently, he has no integrity

He's no perfectionist either, though I have it on good authority he is a bit less bloated and was last seen cracking jokes.

Good news on the hairline front though, it remains the same.

Yeah, well, newsflash for you, Axl ain't no perfectionist either.

He's making another album? Apparently, he has no integrity

He's no perfectionist either, though I have it on good authority he is a bit less bloated and was last seen cracking jokes.

Good news on the hairline front though, it remains the same.

Yeah, well, newsflash for you, Axl ain't no perfectionist either.

We make the joke mon ami, we make the joke ;)

I think that's great. I suppose it's just the way Slash works and there are always songs I love on each of his albums. Besides, he's just recording some ideas on the road, which he has to work on after touring, so that could be a while. As long as I love at least a couple of songs on each album, I will never complain about him releasing too much.

I can see how you would if you never like any of his songs though, but for me, it works.

• Like 2

If he likes what he releases then there is no reason to tweak it for years and years. He could work on it for 10 years and still there would be lots of you that would say... Meeh this is so crappy.
  • Like 1

This is why I love Slash, there is no end to the joke. I can't wait for this to release and would take a new album every week if it were possible, right up until he achieves a physics-defying flop that somehow acquires negative sales. You can only halve something so many times before reality has to say fuck it.

Seeing how many people dig Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire has really made me change my mind about Slash. This entire time I was thinking that Slash had settled for Myles and was churning out mediocre music at a fever pitch.

But it turns out that I'm just not really a Slash fan anymore. This has completely blindsided me. I have some serious soul searching to do.

Fuckin' awesome :headbang:

If the ideas keep sprouting up, why wait?
Exactly! He doesn't say they're running into the studio. They're just working out ideas. Perfect time to do so when they're together and have soundcheck to jam. Chances are this isn't coming out for another couple of years anyway. Myles is scheduled to do another alter bridge album next year. Edited by uctalum01

Well duh, dude. Because Axl doesn't like Slash. So that means WE must not like him either.

Can you believe music fans are actually complaining on here about an artist who is excited to constantly share new music with their fans? Are they just young kids who don't know their music history? Or just clowns obsessed with the axl-v-slash feud, or just people with miserable lives so they come here to bitch and moan and cry all the time? Why do you think it is?

Of course, all this is nothing new. Remember how bitter and negative fans got back in the 70s when Led Zeppelin released TWO albums the same year? And then released an album the following year. And then the following year again. And then instead of taking five years off, they only waited two years for the next album. Talk about quantity over quality. Jeez. They really should have just put out one album during that five year period - it would have been a much better album. Who puts out four albums over a three year period. Ridiculous.

Or remember when Queen put out 9 albums over a 9 year period? I remember music fans being outraged and flooding the band's most popular internet forum with negativity and just completely bashing Freddy and the boys over it.

The Rolling Stones were the worst though. They actually released 20 albums in their first 20 years as a band. Several times they released two albums in a year - one at the start of the year and one at the end. Instead of 20 albums, they really should have just put out 3 albums over those 20 years. Those 3 albums would have been much better than getting the other 300 songs that shouldn't have gotten released.

But Axl releases one album every 20 years. So anybody that releases albums more frequently isn't considered about quality and should really just follow Axl's lead.

• Like 1

BIG new interview where slash talks about writing a new record:

he says they are working on things right now, but the tour doesn't end until this year.

Slash says he is in that frame of mind where theres just "music music music all the time, and i find i get new ideas because I'm playing all the time"

apparently he tries to write at home, but there are too many distractions.

i think slash might have seen this thread lol: "most people buy records off the internet, off of iTunes, where it doesn't matter how many songs are on there you know? Id like to try and write less songs and if we think its good, we put it on there. When we wrote the first two albums, we wrote the same amount of songs but put them on deluxe records afterwards and we didn't like doing that because it made it seem like those songs were less important then the other songs, so this time around we said 'fuck it' and put it all on there"

"THIS NEXT RECORD THOUGH, FOR THE LONGEST TIME IVE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE LIKE A CLASSIC RECORD, LIKE 8-10 SONGS, AND SO MAYBE THIS NEXT ONE, WE WILL TRY AND DO A REAL SHORT ONE"

slash goes on to say the internet has diluted the spirit of rock and roll and that most people are only focused on top 40, and that most people aren't playing rock and roll from the heart anymore because they are trying to keep up with the business. he thinks eventually people will get sick of top 40 and hopefully rock and roil will make a revival

Well duh, dude. Because Axl doesn't like Slash. So that means WE must not like him either.

Can you believe music fans are actually complaining on here about an artist who is excited to constantly share new music with their fans? Are they just young kids who don't know their music history? Or just clowns obsessed with the axl-v-slash feud, or just people with miserable lives so they come here to bitch and moan and cry all the time? Why do you think it is?

Of course, all this is nothing new. Remember how bitter and negative fans got back in the 70s when Led Zeppelin released TWO albums the same year? And then released an album the following year. And then the following year again. And then instead of taking five years off, they only waited two years for the next album. Talk about quantity over quality. Jeez. They really should have just put out one album during that five year period - it would have been a much better album. Who puts out four albums over a three year period. Ridiculous.

Or remember when Queen put out 9 albums over a 9 year period? I remember music fans being outraged and flooding the band's most popular internet forum with negativity and just completely bashing Freddy and the boys over it.

The Rolling Stones were the worst though. They actually released 20 albums in their first 20 years as a band. Several times they released two albums in a year - one at the start of the year and one at the end. Instead of 20 albums, they really should have just put out 3 albums over those 20 years. Those 3 albums would have been much better than getting the other 300 songs that shouldn't have gotten released.

But Axl releases one album every 20 years. So anybody that releases albums more frequently isn't considered about quality and should really just follow Axl's lead.

I can only speak for myself but I just genuinely don't enjoy the Slash Myles partnership. I've given both albums a more than fair shake but they just do nothing for me. I really enjoy Velvet Revolver though. And I also really like the Slash LP. So if Slash was working on either of those then fuck yeah I'd be interested.

I can only speak for myself but I just genuinely don't enjoy the Slash Myles partnership. I've given both albums a more than fair shake but they just do nothing for me. I really enjoy Velvet Revolver though. And I also really like the Slash LP. So if Slash was working on either of those then fuck yeah I'd be interested.

Great answer. Thanks!!!

If you'd paid attention -- and weren't so obsessed with pushing your agenda -- you'd know that it is none of these explanations, but rather people who think that Slash's releases lack quality and hoping that if he'd just spent some more time working on the songs they might not be shit. If you release every song that pops up in your head, without any critical filtering process, and aren't an absolute genius, then you might be Slash.