Male-Female, Jerk or helpful....what would you have done? Cookies and little girls involved

Apollo

Can you just explain the perspective for me that says I should give them money for showing up at my door?

It works on the same principle as chucking some coins in a buskers hat.

I just don't get that. I mean, of course I'd be perfectly kind to them and smile and tell them I wished them luck and all that, but why is it somehow objectionable that I don't give them money for doing

Whats your issue with it, the money aspect, like why should I give my hard earned dollars to these little girls? How much could they possibly cost man? :lol: Or are you of the 'it's not the money, it's the principle!' perspective? :lol: It's just like the guy from the heart foundation coming around, not identical in principle cuz obviously the cookie girls ain't doing it for charity (i think?) but in terms of from your perspective, as a giver, it's just like 'ahh, its a good cause', not every instance of parting with money should be viewed through an investment bankers mentality like 'OK, the proposition here is that I am to exchange 10 dollars for cookies, do i want these cookies, what purpose will these cookies serve in my life, am i hungry, do they look tasty?', it's ten fuckin' dollars you tight cunt, just hand em over to the little kiddies and stop thinking for yourself all the time! :lol:

There you go, reason in action :lol: It really is true about what they say about money changing motherfuckers every time. You find all these people who are like, really nice kind gentle people but when it comes to a fight over their change it's like 'Uh, i think you'll find my change was thirty SIX pence, not thirty four, it's the principle you understand!' :lol: Bunch of fuckin' fagins :lol:

My issue is that I'd don't give people money just because they knock at my door with a cute smile.

That's wrong? What in the fuck? I don't give to charities that come to my door. I don't buy Girl Scout cookies.

And I don't hold conversations with Jehovah's witnesses. I say thank you but no thank you, give them a smile and send them on their way. If y'all have a problem with that, that says more about you than me.

Can you just explain the perspective for me that says I should give them money for showing up at my door?

It works on the same principle as chucking some coins in a buskers hat.

I just don't get that. I mean, of course I'd be perfectly kind to them and smile and tell them I wished them luck and all that, but why is it somehow objectionable that I don't give them money for doing

Whats your issue with it, the money aspect, like why should I give my hard earned dollars to these little girls? How much could they possibly cost man? :lol: Or are you of the 'it's not the money, it's the principle!' perspective? :lol: It's just like the guy from the heart foundation coming around, not identical in principle cuz obviously the cookie girls ain't doing it for charity (i think?) but in terms of from your perspective, as a giver, it's just like 'ahh, its a good cause', not every instance of parting with money should be viewed through an investment bankers mentality like 'OK, the proposition here is that I am to exchange 10 dollars for cookies, do i want these cookies, what purpose will these cookies serve in my life, am i hungry, do they look tasty?', it's ten fuckin' dollars you tight cunt, just hand em over to the little kiddies and stop thinking for yourself all the time! :lol:

There you go, reason in action :lol: It really is true about what they say about money changing motherfuckers every time. You find all these people who are like, really nice kind gentle people but when it comes to a fight over their change it's like 'Uh, i think you'll find my change was thirty SIX pence, not thirty four, it's the principle you understand!' :lol: Bunch of fuckin' fagins :lol:

My issue is that I'd don't give people money just because they knock at my door with a cute smile.

That's wrong? What in the fuck? I don't give to charities that come to my door. I don't buy Girl Scout cookies.

And I don't hold conversations with Jehovah's witnesses. I say thank you but no thank you, give them a smile and send them on their way. If y'all have a problem with that, that says more about you than me.

Look at it this way boss, why hold the door open for lady or give up your seat on the train for one just cuz she's standing? It ain't charity, she ain't crippled or otherwise disabled, why do it? It don't bear scrutiny but you do it cuz...cuz...why do you do it again? :lol: I'm fucking my own point up here, aren't I? :lol: Point is you still fuckin' do it, don't you? :lol: Exactly :lol:

I have absolutely no problem with people not buying girl scout cookies, or whatever it was, it is slightly douchy but okay, each to his own. Maybe you are really poor or just don't like kids or like being an asshole. The problem with, or more precicely, the hilarious aspect of, Apollo's story was that he had to diss the cookies of 9 year-olds and try to teach them entrepreneurial lessons.

Yes i do :lol: Because there is no argument for it in terms of like, logic or pragmatism, it's a matter of the heart, it's that thing in you that sees a baby and goes DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, the giving em money aspect is emblematic of you wanting them to do well at what they are doing, if you look at shit ruthlessly then like...OK, I'm round my brothers and i see my niece and...y'know, I'll give her some money to go down the shops and get her some sweets or something, why? Did she earn it? Of course not but I still do it, i dunno why. You've fucked me up now you bastard, i don't know why i do it now and i can't explain it and it's bothering me now :lol:

I guess I'm an asshole then. Funny, because I pretty much guarantee I treat people better on a daily basis than most of those who want to cast stones.

It's incredible how much dumber the conversation becomes every time soul monster enters.

Edited by magisme

Not edible, even for a homeless person.

This part right here is the part where I think you are the biggest prick. You need to sit and think about what you said right there.

Oh come on, you know exactly what he's trying to say, don't twist that shit, he's just making a point that homeless people, by necessity, do eat some funky shit, he ain't saying it's right.

I had two 10-year oldish girls come to my door some time ago offering a bag of walnuts they had collected (there's some trees in a park nearby). I told them they weren't baked properly and kicked them on the stree... euh no, I didn't do that hehe, I asked them if they were selling them or if they wanted anything in return (sometimes scouts come to our door and they have to trade stuff, like a box of sugar for a carton of eggs). They wouldn't accept any money, just told me I could keep them. They said they had collected too many of them and were handing them out to people in the neighborhood. So I accepted the walnuts and thanked them. The girls went off on their way and I stored the walnuts near the stove. So they would ripen more. Months later I decided hmmm I might eat me some walnuts. So I got out my walnut cracker and started to eat them. I always hate how they leave little bits between my teeth, but they tasted fine. I think I enjoyed them for a couple of weeks, eating them on and off, like a squirrel.

That is my walnut story.

Right, you've changed my mind, fuck these kids, i ain't givin' em shit now :lol:

At no point is "fuck these kids" what I'm saying. What sort of crazy fucking mindset is it that sees, "no thank you" and a smile as prickish. Truly unbelievable.

I know but since i couldn't reason my shit i figured i might as well take it to the extreme :lol: I don't in any way agree that a polite smile and a no thank you makes you a prick. If so, I'm a prick at least 3 times a week when those Islam charity collector guys come around asking for money and i tell em i ain't got nothing.

Yes i do :lol: Because there is no argument for it in terms of like, logic or pragmatism, it's a matter of the heart, it's that thing in you that sees a baby and goes DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, the giving em money aspect is emblematic of you wanting them to do well at what they are doing, if you look at shit ruthlessly then like...OK, I'm round my brothers and i see my niece and...y'know, I'll give her some money to go down the shops and get her some sweets or something, why? Did she earn it? Of course not but I still do it, i dunno why. You've fucked me up now you bastard, i don't know why i do it now and i can't explain it and it's bothering me now :lol:

Why would you even feel the need to explain kindness and empathy and caring? You have a heart, don't question it.

Does it make it any better that hold doors for ladies, give up my seat on public transportation and overtip like a motherfucker?

Look at us. None of this has anything to do with being a good person. When being good is an obligation it's not being good.

Why would you even feel the need to explain kindness and empathy and caring? You have a heart, don't question it.

Now I'm thinking about it is that having a heart, is that something worth stroking my balls over? In responding to Mags questioning i kinda...couldn't get to anywhere with it other than it makes me feel better about myself. Or rather makes me feel good. Thats not really empathy, is it?

Right, you've changed my mind, fuck these kids, i ain't givin' em shit now :lol:

At no point is "fuck these kids" what I'm saying. What sort of crazy fucking mindset is it that sees, "no thank you" and a smile as prickish. Truly unbelievable.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? First women on the street, now kids too?? What an awful man you are!

You know I'm just kidding :heart:

• Like 1

I know but since i couldn't reason my shit i figured i might as well take it to the extreme :lol: I don't in any way agree that a polite smile and a no thank you makes you a prick. If so, I'm a prick at least 3 times a week when those Islam charity collector guys come around asking for money and i tell em i ain't got nothing.

It's not because they don't want to buy something offered at your door they come across as pricks -- no one should feel obliged to buy whatever from any person who goes door-to-door -- it's because they don't understand the difference between this and being kind to some small girls who have made an effort and are now basically asking for the kindness of your heart.

Now I'm thinking about it is that having a heart, is that something worth stroking my balls over? In responding to Mags questioning i kinda...couldn't get to anywhere with it other than it makes me feel better about myself. Or rather makes me feel good. Thats not really empathy, is it?

It isn't if you just do it to feel good about yourself. But then we might ask if not ALL cases of empathic actions at it deepest level isn't always about stroking one's ego; but I have no intention of going into that discussion :D