Alternate Reality

Alright, I was driving down the road today, listening to Guns n' Roses like always, and had a cool thought. What would the members of G n' R see themselves as if they weren't musicians? Even further, where do they see themselves in an alternate universe? So, my question is this: what does everyone think that any past or present member of G n' R would be in a different life? I'll start.

Axl: A Psychology, Ethics, or Philosophy professor, married with several kids and pets.

Your turn!

Axl - Playing Piano/Organ at the church

Slash - Guitar Technician

Izzy - Dealer (well he was one before)

Steven - Barber

Matt - Butcher

Gilby - Building Bikes

Paul - HillBilly

Fink - Clown

Bucket - Working at the Freak Show

Tommy - Bartender

Ashba - Emo Salesmen trying to sell his Swag

Now that is funny!! I think you might be spot-on with a few of those!! :)

yeah lol, its pretty hard to imagine what steven could do, I wrote barber, but really I dont know if he can be a barber or not lol, I remember watching Matt during the illusions tour and he was chubby that time and he had curly hair, so that time i was like man this guy looks like a Butcher lol

I think Axl would be an absolute cunt in an alternate reality. So, sort of like this one really. Reminds me of that line from OFAH

Rodney: I'm depressed cuz of the state of my life Del! I got this awful feeling that if there is such thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me!

:lol:

• Like 1

Now that is funny!! I think you might be spot-on with a few of those!! :)

yeah lol, its pretty hard to imagine what steven could do, I wrote barber, but really I dont know if he can be a barber or not lol, I remember watching Matt during the illusions tour and he was chubby that time and he had curly hair, so that time i was like man this guy looks like a Butcher lol

You just made me literally laugh out loud with the butcher reasoning. Now that I think about it, I'd have to say you're probably right. Maybe Steven could be a dental model since he's got such a big smile. LOL

Axl: Probably spend time in jail during his younger days. As an adult, probably do whatever he got a job doing.... I could see him being a building maintenance person, truck driver, or snow plow guy. Probably would have a bitter ex wife or two. Hard to imagine him not being a rockstar.

Buckethead: Circus performer, zoo keeper, amusement park attendant, or farmer.

Dj: Probably a mechanic. He'd be the guy at an oil change place who forgets to add oil and blows the engine.

Bumblefoot: Maybe an english teacher.

Tommy: Drunk guy who lives with sibling secretly stealing from them to fund habit.

Pitman: Bartender.

Slash: Can't imagine anything other than guitarist. Even if he wasn't famous, I could see him as a music teacher.

I'll add more later.

Edited by liers

Alright, I was driving down the road today, listening to Guns n' Roses like always, and had a cool thought. What would the members of G n' R see themselves as if they weren't musicians? Even further, where do they see themselves in an alternate universe? So, my question is this: what does everyone think that any past or present member of G n' R would be in a different life? I'll start.

Axl: A Psychology, Ethics, or Philosophy professor, married with several kids and pets.

Your turn!

Axl: probably a bum (if he hadn't become big as of his 20's in the music business with West Arkeen or with Izzy)

Slash. probably a guitarist for Poison, probably forgotten by this time (cause he waste his talent with Posion) and became a casual worker somewhere

Duff: if he becomes sober after his punk days, he would turn out to be a businessman or a band manager, otherwise he would die from being an alcoholic

Izzy: selling heroin, getting busted and turned out to be a causal worker (or getting success with Axl)

Steven. he would die in the 80's, because of heroin addiction

Dizzy: nobody, probably a bum

Gilby: session musician, small solo career (like himself now, but without the "ex-GNR member title)

Matt: session musician, then probably get back with the Cult for making nostalgia money or idk

Paul Tobias. nobody, not even a footnote somewhere, mabye he play more with Axl in the 80's?)

Finck: probably playing with more alternative bands, playing more with NIN

Stinson. reunite with The Replacements or die from being an alcoholic

Josh Freese: exactly like himself now (being a session drummer etc.)

Buckethead: probably like himself now, releasing a shit ton of music

Brain: playing more with big bands, then studio musician, collaborating more with Bucket i guess

Ron Thal: guitar nerd, session musician

DJ Ashba: he would probably sell less SWAG, other than this, he is just like himself now (a douche poser)

Pitman. probably being a DJ somewhere and OD'd on a hotel by this time

Frank Ferrer: session musician

Richard Fortus: probably reunite with his former band at some point, otherwise a great session musician

Edited by Strange Broue

Your turn!

Axl: probably a bum (if he hadn't become big as of his 20's in the music business with West Arkeen or with Izzy)

Slash. probably a guitarist for Poison, probably forgotten by this time (cause he waste his talent with Posion) and became a casual worker somewhere

Duff: if he becomes sober after his punk days, he would turn out to be a businessman or a band manager, otherwise he would die from being an alcoholic

Izzy: selling heroin, getting busted and turned out to be a causal worker (or getting success with Axl)

Steven. he would die in the 80's, because of heroin addiction

Dizzy: nobody, probably a bum

Gilby: session musician, small solo career (like himself now, but without the "ex-GNR member title)

Matt: session musician, then probably get back with the Cult for making nostalgia money or idk

Finck: probably playing with more alternative bands, playing more with NIN

Stinson. reunite with thee Replacement or die from being an alcholic

Josh Freese: exactly like himself now (being a session drummer etc.)

Buckethead: probably like himself now, releasing a shit ton of music

Brain: playwing more with big bands, then studio musician, collaborating more with Bucket i guess

Ron Thal: guitar nerd, session musician

DJ Ashba: he would probably sell less SWAG, other than this, he is just like himself now (a douche poser)

Pitman. probably being a DJ somewhere and OD'd on a hotel by this time

Frank Ferrer: session musician

Richard Fortus: probably reunite with his former band at some point, otherwise a great session musician

Very well thought out!

Axl: Self-help "guru." I could see him writing Carlos Castaneda-esque books, getting a sort of Dr. Phil-meets-Sylvia Browne style TV show, then having a Charlie Sheen style melt-down, then rebuilding his brand, and getting another show; lather, rinse, repeat. He would still have crazy groupies, and he would still have conflicting desires to have everyone pay attention to him and for everyone to leave him alone.

Slash: Horror movie set designer who quietly seduces every B-movie starlet that crosses his path.

Izzy: A Hollywood stunt driver that occasionally takes a summer off to do long-haul trucking when he has to escape from California.

Steven: Union job in a factory. He would clock in late, hang out at the water fountain all day, and clock out early, but the bosses wouldn't really care because he's just too friendly for them to stay mad at.

Duff: Oddly enough, I could picture Duff having joined the military in an alternate reality. Still a family man, but a decorated veteran, maybe with a career in politics.

Matt: Biodome engineer.

Gilby: Harley Davidson salesman.

• Like 1