Google Trends on Guns N' Roses terms

I searched a few GNR related terms on Google Trends, out of curiosity. Unfortunately it only goes back to 2004. Still, the results are very interesting:

Guns N' Roses peaked on November 2008:

Evw2oDO.png

Axl peaked on October 2011:

y7BJfAT.png

Chinese Democracy peaked on November 2008 as well:

de0UMHI.png

Slash peaked on April 2010:

ZdBwZq9.png

I made some comparisons as well:

fMQtqTi.png

xaMck8r.png

• Like 2

So if I'm reading those right, CD craps on anything Slash has done?

Yes, except for Slash himself, who, to use your description, craps on Axl.

:rofl-lol:

Poor wkuk04, he must be getting used to being humiliated in every thread.

Its not my personal preference to see other men crapping on each other, but each to there own.

• Like 2

A few things worth pointing out.

1. Axl has the GnR name, so people wanting info on Axl's latest occurrences/releases may just google "GnR/Guns N Roses" where as people wanting info on Slash just google "Slash".

2. CD had a huge amount of media attention, everyone who was a rock fan knew that it was going to SOMEDAY be released. It had become legendary but not necessarily for good reasons. The name became infamous. If you ask the general public "What's the name of the most recent Slash album?" They probably wont know. If you ask them "What is the name of the most recent GnR album?" They'll probably know it was Chinese Democracy.

That's not to say one album is better than the other, it's just that Chinese Democracy is well known for the drama that occurred over the course of it's 14 years of creation.

• Like 2

Always with the negative comments about Slash.

It's getting a little pathetic.

You really want to compare whose career has been more successful in the past 20 years?

Lead singers are almost always more popular than guitar players. And Axl was able to use the brand name Guns n Roses - Slash wasn't.

Even with those TWO huge advantages, Slash has sold more records than Axl has since he left GnR. And he's released a more successful album than Axl has (with the GnR name to back him).

Slash is playing the Super Bowl.........Axl is playing weddings, celebrity birthday parties and Vegas residencies.

Your constant Slash bashing is getting a little ridiculous and silly.

Just because Axl doesn't like Slash doesn't mean that you have to hate him as well.

Time to grow up, bub.

A few things worth pointing out.

1. Axl has the GnR name, so people wanting info on Axl's latest occurrences/releases may just google "GnR/Guns N Roses" where as people wanting info on Slash just google "Slash".

2. CD had a huge amount of media attention, everyone who was a rock fan knew that it was going to SOMEDAY be released. It had become legendary but not necessarily for good reasons. The name became infamous. If you ask the general public "What's the name of the most recent Slash album?" They probably wont know. If you ask them "What is the name of the most recent GnR album?" They'll probably know it was Chinese Democracy.

That's not to say one album is better than the other, it's just that Chinese Democracy is well known for the drama that occurred over the course of it's 14 years of creation.

Great post.

I'm getting sick of these people that do nothing except look for reasons to bash Slash.

I'm not sure but you being located in Brazil doesn't help much to the search. I guess Google will preferably show results related to where you are located than global search.

This search should also be performed from a machine located in Northamerica and Europe.

Edited by tinyrobot

Normal to see slash uo there, he gives 3 interviews a day..

Yeah, what a jerk.

I'm not saying he's not correct to do so, i'm just stating that it's normal for slash to get more attention based on how much promo he's doing.

• Like 1

Always with the negative comments about Slash.

It's getting a little pathetic.

You really want to compare whose career has been more successful in the past 20 years?

Lead singers are almost always more popular than guitar players. And Axl was able to use the brand name Guns n Roses - Slash wasn't.

Even with those TWO huge advantages, Slash has sold more records than Axl has since he left GnR. And he's released a more successful album than Axl has (with the GnR name to back him).

Slash is playing the Super Bowl.........Axl is playing weddings, celebrity birthday parties and Vegas residencies.

Your constant Slash bashing is getting a little ridiculous and silly.

Just because Axl doesn't like Slash doesn't mean that you have to hate him as well.

Time to grow up, bub.

Wkuk04 is allergic to facts. Despite being proved wrong several times and humiliated, he refuses to accept reality. It's kind of funny.

He will probably reply with a dumbass video. Get ready! :lol:

I'm not sure but you being located in Brazil doesn't help much to the search. I guess Google will preferably show results related to where you are located than global search.

This search should also be performed from a machine located in Northamerica and Europe.

I could chose if I wanted it to show data from a specific location or the whole world. I chose the latter.