Axl's silence

There's a difference between being a compulsive liar, or a liar at all for that matter, to being the type of person that talks about something he actually believes is going to happen just to see it fail and never become a reality.

I think Axl is much more careful with what he says now because of this.

We should take notice of what he says simply because he's the only one that decides when to release more music.

^^^This.

Here is something Marc said a few years ago regarding bullshit n' lies:

13 - In your opinion, which old line-up member is able to write the most loyal biography to the facts? Or is it better for people to read your book instead, because none of them (old members) might tell us the whole truth?

Axl will give you the truth, but there is sometimes two sides to a story so you have to hear both sides and try to make something out of it.

No one listens to what Axl says because Axl speaks a bunch of nonsense.

He's a compulsive liar. I don't know why someone should listen to him.

There's a difference between being a compulsive liar, or a liar at all for that matter, to being the type of person that talks about something he actually believes is going to happen just to see it fail and never become a reality.

We should take notice of what he says simply because he's the only one that decides when to release more music.

You choose to believe that Axl never lied, simply believed in things that couldn't happen. I choose to believe he was always full of shit.

Axl is much more careful now? He recently said the second half of Chinese was done, but according to other members of his band, it's not. Another lie from Axl Rose, who is probably not working on the next album as we speak. :shrugs:

• Like 1

You choose to believe that Axl never lied, simply believed in things that couldn't happen. I choose to believe he was always full of shit.

Axl is much more careful now? He recently said the second half of Chinese was done, but according to other members of his band, it's not. Another lie from Axl Rose, who is probably not working on the next album as we speak. :shrugs:

There is no reason for him to say CD ll is done if it's a lie, so yes... I choose to believe him.

He didn't commit to a release date probably because he doesn't want another backlash when plans get fucked.

He plays the poor me game. "Nobody cares what I have to say." Boo hoo. When he does speak he blows smoke up everyone's ass, strings the fans along, makes excuses, points the finger at everyone else without giving concrete reasons, and mostly talks in vague, cryptic messages. Then, the few disciples he has left, try to decipher his message.

I'm sure if he wanted to talk about the touring band and all the things they were doing to "move forward" the press would be interested in hearing about it. Oh, but poor sensitive, paranoid Axl doesn't trust just any interviewer. So, he writes the questions and still gives open ended, vague answers.

To admit to the world that he doesn't care about moving forward with his grand vision would be to admit that there is no Guns n Roses, they aren't a "band" creating original music, that he is a solo artist, or at least, a solo performer, and that everything he "fought so hard to keep going" is gone. And, that would be fine. But be honest about it and stop dicking everyone around.

The man is an artist!

An artist that doesn't create isn't an artist anymore.

You know when you speak in past tense about a job you used to do, it applies to this as well.

Should he finally get around to doing some actual work as an artist, then he becomes an artist again. Right now, he's probably doing f#ck all.

Funny how Axl`s plans always get fucked.

Axl said that they had two albums in the can. I wish he would share those two albums with his millions of fans. I believe he was being honest and not lying about that.

As for the tired "Axl doesn't owe us anything" rant.

Officially and technically- yes. Axl doesn't owe his FANS anything at all.

But most artists - I'd say 95% of them - operate under the umbrella that there is a RELATIONSHIP between themselves and their fans. You can easily find quotes from pretty much every major musician that say "We owe all our success to our fans" and "without our fans we are nothing."

There are only a very few select group of musicians and fans who don't believe in that "relationship." Unfortunately, that seems to be the case with Axl and a few of the more vocal fans on this forum.

Somebody on this forum actually bashed Bon Jovi and Metallica for putting out so much "stuff" for their fans (albums, videos, live concerts, eps,) saying they were just ripping off their fans for money. Think about that. Bashing an artist for sharing their art with their fans.

Every artist wants to make money, of course. But the way they make money is by OFFERING up products for their fans to buy. Fans win - because they get MORE "stuff" from their favorite artist. If a BJ or Metallica knows they aren't going to release a new album for awhile, they will release an album of B-sides, or videos, or remastered songs or a box set or an acoustic album. That's what a fan friendly band does - they give their fans the option of new music on a continual basis. "Thanks for your support - here is new music for you to enjoy."

Axl wouldn't be worth 150 million dollars, wouldn't live in a mansion, would drive a lambo, wouldn't be banging super models if not for the fans who have financially supported him, some of us for almost 30 years.

Does Axl owe me anything other than to show up to a concert that I've paid money for, or to release a 'working' CD if I purchase one......Nope. That is all he technically "owes" me - a fan since 1988.

SHOULD Axl feel like he owes me something? Hell yes he should. But he doesn't and some of his fans on here don't think he owes us anything. And that, my friends, is the difference between Axl Rose and pretty much every other band in the world. Bon Jovi will release an album in the next two years because he knows his FANS want one. Axl couldn't give a f*ck what his fans want. And some fans on here support that.

Axl and some posters on here are correct. He doesn't owe us anything.

Thankfully, pretty much every other band in the world operates under a different set of guidelines, and they realize (and fully acknowledge) that they owe their fans everything. Because without their fanbase, they'd be playing in their garage in a band featuring their homeys from work - rocking out to a freebird cover and entertaining their wives and softball buddies over a keg of beer - as opposed to living in a 20 million dollar mansion and traveling the world.

• Like 1

He plays the poor me game. "Nobody cares what I have to say." Boo hoo. When he does speak he blows smoke up everyone's ass, strings the fans along, makes excuses, points the finger at everyone else without giving concrete reasons, and mostly talks in vague, cryptic messages. Then, the few disciples he has left, try to decipher his message.

I'm sure if he wanted to talk about the touring band and all the things they were doing to "move forward" the press would be interested in hearing about it. Oh, but poor sensitive, paranoid Axl doesn't trust just any interviewer. So, he writes the questions and still gives open ended, vague answers.

To admit to the world that he doesn't care about moving forward with his grand vision would be to admit that there is no Guns n Roses, they aren't a "band" creating original music, that he is a solo artist, or at least, a solo performer, and that everything he "fought so hard to keep going" is gone. And, that would be fine. But be honest about it and stop dicking everyone around.

The problem is you and some other people here treat Axl as if he was a politician or someone who is in a place owing something to somebody else. The man is an artist!

He will produce art whenever he feels right and if he feels he don't want to do anything else ever again, then he won't. There isn't an obligation or contract signed with anyone (except with his recording company) to do stuff.

It's not like the world stops because he doesn't release music. It's not like a million of people are starving because he doesn't release music. Stop demanding shit from a guy who has no major responsability over the life of anyone in this planet.

Getting so mad and aggressive as you get will not take you anywhere, dude. Just move on with your life, try other artists and if Axl ever decides to put music out, you'll find out.

This habit of complicating something that is so simple is getting ridiculous.

He is an entertainer, not an artist. He'd like people to think he was an artist, and has done his best to form that image. But, he isn't an artist.

If you want me to take a dump in a box and call it art, I will. I've got spare time.

jesus, this is just pure stupidity reading this....cant figure out which is more puzzling to me, that you dont think he is an artist or that he has "done his best" to form the image of one. good lord man why are you even here at all?

The problem is you and some other people here treat Axl as if he was a politician or someone who is in a place owing something to somebody else. The man is an artist!

He will produce art whenever he feels right and if he feels he don't want to do anything else ever again, then he won't. There isn't an obligation or contract signed with anyone (except with his recording company) to do stuff.

It's not like the world stops because he doesn't release music. It's not like a million of people are starving because he doesn't release music. Stop demanding shit from a guy who has no major responsability over the life of anyone in this planet.

Getting so mad and aggressive as you get will not take you anywhere, dude. Just move on with your life, try other artists and if Axl ever decides to put music out, you'll find out.

He is an entertainer, not an artist. He'd like people to think he was an artist, and has done his best to form that image. But, he isn't an artist.

If you want me to take a dump in a box and call it art, I will. I've got spare time.

jesus, this is just pure stupidity reading this....cant figure out which is more puzzling to me, that you dont think he is an artist or that he has "done his best" to form the image of one. good lord man why are you even here at all?

Its the only reasonable explanation.

He was simply quoting the movie Tommy Boy to get a laugh.

He was simply quoting the movie Tommy Boy to get a laugh.

Wasted his time there then. Any interest in a tumbleweed?

Enjoy the silence.

What about your silence? You went beyond the Do Long bridge didn't you?

I hitch hiked to Lijiang and back to hang with the Naxi. My 3G ran out after 3 days, so it was goodbye southern Silk Road where the posters of mygnr howl.
  • Like 1