Its cool to hate GNR - People even lie about it

ManetsBR

I was convinced the trend in 2014/2015 was hating on Bieber, Kanye and Taylor :shrugs:

I saw an interview and somebody was talking about Taylor and said that she is most friendly and the hardest working musician that they've ever worked with. That she not only writes or co-writes her songs (lyrics and music) but t hat she is involved in ever aspect of her career - from stage set-up to financial contracts. In a world full of manufactured pop music, Taylor is the exact opposite of what most of us hate and make fun. She isn't just a cute character with decent voice that the Industry decided to get behind and make popular. She is out there grinding it out in every aspect of her career.

But because she writes pop-country type songs, and the media covers her every move ........then those of us who are edgy and cool, we must hate her!!!!!

I don't care if she writes all of her songs and even designs her own CD artwork manually: I don't like her music nor her signing and anything about her. I don't hate her. I don't spend time on the Internet talking about her. I just simply don't care.

I know a lot of musicians and singers I really love and am drawned to them that also write, sing and even play their own material. I don't see these things as extraordinaire since my favorites artists are mostly like tht :)

who ever the fuck hates axl for "ruining the band" need to go read some fucking books lol

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

He said books, not drivel.
Great read.
Not really.

You have this weird thing about hating anything related to Slash, so I'm surprised you took the time to even read it.

But props to you for giving it a fair chance. I'm sure you read the entire book, with an open mind, and then came to your conclusion after finishing it.

I'm not really a Slash fan, but I enjoyed the book. It was interesting to see his version of what happened with my favorite band of all time.

I also just read Duff's book. Another great read in terms of books about rock stars.

who ever the fuck hates axl for "ruining the band" need to go read some fucking books lol

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

Great read.
Not really.

You have this weird thing about hating anything related to Slash, so I'm surprised you took the time to even read it.

But props to you for giving it a fair chance. I'm sure you read the entire book, with an open mind, and then came to your conclusion after finishing it.

I'm not really a Slash fan, but I enjoyed the book. It was interesting to see his version of what happened with my favorite band of all time.

I also just read Duff's book. Another great read in terms of books about rock stars.

False. I read 2 chapters before I decided that if I wanted to read 3rd grade fiction I'd grab myself a choose your own adventure.

I was convinced the trend in 2014/2015 was hating on Bieber, Kanye and Taylor :shrugs:

I saw an interview and somebody was talking about Taylor and said that she is most friendly and the hardest working musician that they've ever worked with. That she not only writes or co-writes her songs (lyrics and music) but t hat she is involved in ever aspect of her career - from stage set-up to financial contracts. In a world full of manufactured pop music, Taylor is the exact opposite of what most of us hate and make fun. She isn't just a cute character with decent voice that the Industry decided to get behind and make popular. She is out there grinding it out in every aspect of her career.

But because she writes pop-country type songs, and the media covers her every move ........then those of us who are edgy and cool, we must hate her!!!!!

I don't care if she writes all of her songs and even designs her own CD artwork manually: I don't like her music nor her signing and anything about her. I don't hate her. I don't spend time on the Internet talking about her. I just simply don't care.

I know a lot of musicians and singers I really love and am drawned to them that also write, sing and even play their own material. I don't see these things as extraordinaire since my favorites artists are mostly like tht :)

I couldn't name you one Taylor Swift song. Not my cup of tea. But I admire any young artist that controls their career, rather than those that are just figure heads in the industry machine. I have tons of respect for her in that regard. I also haven't seen her in the news for being a druggie, getting drunk drivings, pissing on paintings in restaurants, or being a douche to her fans - like we see from a kid like Bieber. And she isn't pulling the arrogant actions of a Kayne and Kim. I'm not sure how people can actually dislike Taylor Swift, she seems to be a great example of what we want young artists to be like. Is she over exposed? Probably, but that's not her fault.

To each their own, though.

I just think the world needs more love and positivity - and less anger, hatred and negativity. At the end of the day, these guys are just singers. Hating a band or a singer......not something I've really every understood.

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

Great read.
Not really.

False. I read 2 chapters before I decided that if I wanted to read 3rd grade fiction I'd grab myself a choose your own adventure.

Well at least you went in with an open-mind and gave it a fair shot.

With as much as you hate Slash, I'm proud that you gave it two chapters.

I couldn't name you one Taylor Swift song. Not my cup of tea. But I admire any young artist that controls their career, rather than those that are just figure heads in the industry machine. I have tons of respect for her in that regard. I also haven't seen her in the news for being a druggie, getting drunk drivings, pissing on paintings in restaurants, or being a douche to her fans - like we see from a kid like Bieber. And she isn't pulling the arrogant actions of a Kayne and Kim. I'm not sure how people can actually dislike Taylor Swift, she seems to be a great example of what we want young artists to be like. Is she over exposed? Probably, but that's not her fault.

I just think the world needs more love and positivity - and less anger, hatred and negativity. At the end of the day, these guys are just singers. Hating a band or a singer......not something I've really every understood.

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

Great read.

Not really.

Well at least you went in with an open-mind and gave it a fair shot.

I don't hate anything on Earth, much less a musician.

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

Great read.

Not really.

False. I read 2 chapters before I decided that if I wanted to read 3rd grade fiction I'd grab myself a choose your own adventure.Well at least you went in with an open-mind and gave it a fair shot.

Being gang-raped in prison by six burly dudes, who take turns sodomizing you for eight hours straight? And they want to keep their glory hole clean, so each time they "finish", they move from the back door to your mouth and make you swallow their special sauce. For eight hours straight. All while doing it, they make you listen to Myles Kennedy music for the entire time.

That wouldn't evoke the "hate" emotion from you?

• Like 1

fucking posers

Slash_book.jpg

?

Great read.

Not really.

False. I read 2 chapters before I decided that if I wanted to read 3rd grade fiction I'd grab myself a choose your own adventure.Well at least you went in with an open-mind and gave it a fair shot.

Being gang-raped in prison by six burly dudes, who take turns sodomizing you for eight hours straight? And they want to keep their glory hole clean, so each time they "finish", they move from the back door to your mouth and make you swallow their special sauce. For eight hours straight. All while doing it, they make you listen to Myles Kennedy music for the entire time.

Did I say that I was incapable of hate anywhere? Fortunately I haven't been in that situation so I don't have anybody to hate for it.

It must be "You're A Lie" on a loop for the gang-rape. Myles Kennedy music will make you spill the beans sooner or later.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Bullshit. Thats just what people say when Axl does something shitty. Did you see the Google Stats on Axl Rose? The search for his name peaked on the last ten years on October 2011. You know what happened on October 2011? Rock in Rio IV. Do you think that was good to his image? VMA 2002 was probably very good publicity too, right? :lol: There are hundreds of examples. There is such thing as bad publicity, the sole existence of GNR on the past ten years is the proof.

The worst publicity is no publicity

• Like 1

Yeah the state of the current band is very annoying, the not knowing and no infomation is what grinds hardest, but I'd rather be a fan of this band than most of the current popular rock bands, never been a fan of Foo Fighters, there current album is not to my taste, all there current songs are "friendly radio unit shifters" I thought Dave would know about those type of songs. I don't mind some of there older songs.

Yeah the state of the current band is very annoying, the not knowing and no infomation is what grinds hardest, but I'd rather be a fan of this band than most of the current popular rock bands, never been a fan of Foo Fighters, there current album is not to my taste, all there current songs are "friendly radio unit shifters" I thought Dave would know about those type of songs. I don't mind some of there older songs.

What kind of world do we live in when Dave Grohl is one of the biggest rock stars in the world and Mark Arm is a clerk at Sub Pop?

What kind of world do we live in when Dave Grohl is one of the biggest rock stars in the world and Mark Arm is a clerk at Sub Pop?

Don't know dude!