Its cool to hate GNR - People even lie about it

ManetsBR

Sub- par music, that would just be your own personal taste though wouldn't it? They were the top selling rock band for an entire decade. You might not like them, but millions of people did. Numbers don't lie.

And now we care what the music critics think? GnR and Axl were a band that cared about pleasing their fans and couldn't care less about the critics.

People hate on Axl because of his past behavior. Starting shows three hours late, for example. Why is Nickleback the most hated rock band on the planet by people over the age of 25? Fan friendly band, no controversy like with Axl.

There are just certain "rules " that we must all follow in life. We must hate Nickleback, we must love DLR Van Halen and hate Van Halen with Sammy Hagar, we must think Lemmy is God, etc.

Personally I think it all is idiotic.

And Bieber has sold how many albums?

I'm gauging on personal opinion + the reviews I found on metacritic. Between actual critical reviews and user reviews they would appear to fall in the "sub-par" range, that's why I said that. Whether GnR cared about critics is beside the point, they still managed to make an album that shows up on many "Best of" lists and whatnot.

I just stated why people are so vocal with their hatred. They view the band as being disproportionately popular in relation to talent so they try to level the playing field with hate, if you will. That and I guess overexposure.

I definitely don't fall into the pack mentality camp either. At one point I thought most people liked the band. I wouldn't really direct anger at fans of the band though, I like some shitty stuff too.

EDIT: I'm trying not to sound cupcake-ish here either, haha.

Edited by jbhutto
  • Like 1

Today there was a topic on reddit about bad concerts, and I knew GNR would be there. Check it out:

S17wpJ5.png

Stage burnt down? Riot? In 2006? We all know this guy is full of shit. And its not the first time Ive seen people lying their asses off on the internet about Axl and GNR. Ive seen it multiple times on reddit, and its always the same crap: "omg Axl shouted at all the fans and then he left in the middle of the concert blablabla".

Ive also seen it on other places such as music websites, Live Nation, Ticketmastet etc... People posting the most ridiculous, exaggerated reviews of whatever their experiences with GNR were.

And do you guys know why this happens? Because it's cool to hate Guns N' Roses. It's a phenomenom I have been noticing for a while. This guy on reddit, for example: he just knew that stuff like what he wrote would get him tons of upvotes, and karma (something valued by some loser reddit users, although this internet cred. gives you nothing).

Because of all the stuff Axl has done to harm the GNR name over the past years, GNR has basically zero street credit. I'd say it's negative, actually. So, most of the time, people who are more into rock music tend to bash GNR for the sake of it, because "you're an idiot who just got into rock if you like GNR". I've seen it happen multiple times. The guys who I live with in uni hated GNR and thought it was totally overrated, but after a little while living together they began to appreciate some of the material. I also have a friend who loves GNR, but multiple times I've seen him bash'em when talking to people who are into "more classic rock". It's cool to hate Guns N' Roses, and if you like'em people assume you know nothing about music. Which is really pathetic, really. I mean, seriously, if you like, let's say, Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones and HATE GNR, there's something wrong, generally speaking. I've seen many people with this same speech. And I'm sorry, if you're into that kind of music it's just stupid to say they haven't done cool stuff. It's just to sound hipster, you know? The whole "Man, GNR is stuff people listen when they're getting into rock, they're no better than Poison and Crüe;"

People are usually very passionate about GNR, and I think this is one of the reasons it's cool to hate'em. I agree GNR is one of the most overrated bands of all times, but given a fair listen and attention, I haven't seen one person who likes rock that doesn't enjoy a thing or two from them. Nowadays with all the hipster/indie movement people don't even bother to check it out, for real. It's really annoying.

If it's cool to hate G n ' R, I'm very uncool. In fact, I'm gonna switch it up and make it cool to hate those that hate G n' R! ;)

Are we sure there wasn't a riot after Axl's band performed their set in some festival? Not saying that the guy is telling the truth but I didn't follow the 2006-2007 tour so, I don't know the details. Regardless of that, why should we give credit to some dumb guy posting on fucking 4chan or reddit? The fact that the OP found that post is risible, to be honest.

Also, as magisme said, it isn't cool to "hate" (let's start learning the definition of that word, Manets) Axl's band. It's 2015.

who ever the fuck hates axl for "ruining the band" need to go read some fucking books lol

fucking posers

Adults who use the word posers to describe other music fans are actually posers themselves.

too bad im not a fucking adult lolol

Thank you for clearing up what was already obvious. :thumbsup:

Today there was a topic on reddit about bad concerts, and I knew GNR would be there. Check it out:

S17wpJ5.png

Stage burnt down? Riot? In 2006? We all know this guy is full of shit. And its not the first time Ive seen people lying their asses off on the internet about Axl and GNR. Ive seen it multiple times on reddit, and its always the same crap: "omg Axl shouted at all the fans and then he left in the middle of the concert blablabla".

Ive also seen it on other places such as music websites, Live Nation, Ticketmastet etc... People posting the most ridiculous, exaggerated reviews of whatever their experiences with GNR were.

And do you guys know why this happens? Because it's cool to hate Guns N' Roses. It's a phenomenom I have been noticing for a while. This guy on reddit, for example: he just knew that stuff like what he wrote would get him tons of upvotes, and karma (something valued by some loser reddit users, although this internet cred. gives you nothing).

Because of all the stuff Axl has done to harm the GNR name over the past years, GNR has basically zero street credit. I'd say it's negative, actually. So, most of the time, people who are more into rock music tend to bash GNR for the sake of it, because "you're an idiot who just got into rock if you like GNR". I've seen it happen multiple times. The guys who I live with in uni hated GNR and thought it was totally overrated, but after a little while living together they began to appreciate some of the material. I also have a friend who loves GNR, but multiple times I've seen him bash'em when talking to people who are into "more classic rock". It's cool to hate Guns N' Roses, and if you like'em people assume you know nothing about music. Which is really pathetic, really. I mean, seriously, if you like, let's say, Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones and HATE GNR, there's something wrong, generally speaking. I've seen many people with this same speech. And I'm sorry, if you're into that kind of music it's just stupid to say they haven't done cool stuff. It's just to sound hipster, you know? The whole "Man, GNR is stuff people listen when they're getting into rock, they're no better than Poison and Crüe;"

People are usually very passionate about GNR, and I think this is one of the reasons it's cool to hate'em. I agree GNR is one of the most overrated bands of all times, but given a fair listen and attention, I haven't seen one person who likes rock that doesn't enjoy a thing or two from them. Nowadays with all the hipster/indie movement people don't even bother to check it out, for real. It's really annoying.

Translation: Boohoo! People say mean things about Axl!

Seriously dude, if you're going to get your panties in a bunch over people saying mean things about a musician on the internet, you're in for a rough ride.

Edited by username
  • Like 2

who ever the fuck hates axl for "ruining the band" need to go read some fucking books lol

fucking posers

Adults who use the word posers to describe other music fans are actually posers themselves.

too bad im not a fucking adult lolol

Thank you for clearing up what was already obvious. :thumbsup:

then why the fuck did you use the word "adult" then??? lol

Reminds me how I was talking to some fuckhead about a month ago who insisted that he saw Guns in 1997 with Pantera supporting at MSG. I had to point out over and over again that Guns were broken up by this point, Pantera wouldn't have been touring, the bands have never toured together and most importantly he can shut the fuck up because I'm as a hardcore a fan you could find of these bands.

Maybe some of these delusional morons are serious just like that guy.

fucking posers

Well I do and I've read enough in order to form that opinion.
  • Like 1

Reminds me how I was talking to some fuckhead about a month ago who insisted that he saw Guns in 1997 with Pantera supporting at MSG.

Not surprised. It has happened to me countless times. One of my old friends used to be like this. He would make stuff up like crazy. I remember he would tell me that Ashba and Slash were actually in a band in the late 90s. And I was like "what the fuck are you talking about?" but let him carry on with the history. I laughed very hard in the end, but he was and still is one of my old best friends, I just let him be that day. :lol:

S17wpJ5.png

what did you expect, man?

Even on this very forum people just LOVE to bash the shit out of him.... (sometimes rightfully, sometimes not)

Edited by Strange Broue

Reminds me how I was talking to some fuckhead about a month ago who insisted that he saw Guns in 1997 with Pantera supporting at MSG.

Not surprised. It has happened to me countless times. One of my old friends used to be like this. He would make stuff up like crazy. I remember he would tell me that Ashba and Slash were actually in a band in the late 90s. And I was like "what the fuck are you talking about?" but let him carry on with the history. I laughed very hard in the end, but he was and still is one of my old best friends, I just let him be that day. :lol:

maybe he was talking about Adler. Adler and DJ were in the same band at the end of the 90's

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207063-steven-adler-and-dj-ashba-has-played-together/

Edited by Strange Broue

maybe he was talking about Adler. Adler and DJ were in the same band at the end of the 90's

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207063-steven-adler-and-dj-ashba-has-played-together/

I know, but he insisted it was Slash, since Ashba sort of "replaced" Slash in the band.

We live in an age of negativity. People hate everything now. Well people have always hated, But now people take the time to comment about things they don't like. Which I've never quite understood, But that's a different discussion all together.

I've said this before, and I will say it again; if the 100 "best" films and albums were erased from existence and released now, as New pieces of work over the course of a few years, people would still hate them and they would not be considered classics anymore. We live in a very cynical society now, not many seem to appreciate anything. Take the Wizard of Oz for example. According to Rotten Tomatoes it is the #1 movie of all time, or at least top 5. If you erase that film from history, but then release it say this summer, it would get so much hate and negativity. People would call it "stupid" "boring" "unrealistic". The songs would be considered "generic" and so on. It would totally not be considered a classic anymore. Which to me, speaks volumes about this society we live in, and this younger generation of cynics...

• Like 2

I was convinced the trend in 2014/2015 was hating on Bieber, Kanye and Taylor :shrugs:

I saw an interview and somebody was talking about Taylor and said that she is most friendly and the hardest working musician that they've ever worked with. That she not only writes or co-writes her songs (lyrics and music) but t hat she is involved in ever aspect of her career - from stage set-up to financial contracts. In a world full of manufactured pop music, Taylor is the exact opposite of what most of us hate and make fun. She isn't just a cute character with decent voice that the Industry decided to get behind and make popular. She is out there grinding it out in every aspect of her career.

But because she writes pop-country type songs, and the media covers her every move ........then those of us who are edgy and cool, we must hate her!!!!!

• Like 1