Its cool to hate GNR - People even lie about it

ManetsBR

Grown ass adults concerned with how heavy 50-year old stars are. Sometimes this forum is embarrassing.

Do fans on Metallica forums focus on how much Kirk Hammett weighs? Do Pearl Jam fans try and fat-shame Eddie Vedder?

No. Pearl Jam fans are almost universal in their praise for the band. I would say Pearl Jam fans blindly praise everything while GNR fans blindly criticize everything.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

Grown ass adults concerned with how heavy 50-year old stars are. Sometimes this forum is embarrassing.

Do fans on Metallica forums focus on how much Kirk Hammett weighs? Do Pearl Jam fans try and fat-shame Eddie Vedder?

You really need to spend some time working on your reading comprehension. Nobody here is "concerned" with how unbearably fat your idols are getting. Most of us are cheering them on. The bigger they get, the harder we laugh.

• Like 1

Mudhoney choose not to sign to a major label and they will fully made Let them eat cake extra visereal to shun any undercover faster Pussycat fans like me.

Mudhoney choose not to sign to a major label and they will fully made Let them eat cake extra visereal to shun any undercover faster Pussycat fans like me.

Mudhoney are Seattle's Faster Pussycat.

Edited by Mr. Dude

You really need to spend some time working on your reading comprehension. Nobody here is "concerned" with how unbearably fat your idols are getting. Most of us are cheering them on. The bigger they get, the harder we laugh.

Musicians aren't "idols" of mine.

You are concerned with the weight of grown men though, because you post about it all the time. My reading comprehension is just fine. Just never understood why people join a forum just to make fun of the people the forum is about. I know that's your gimmick and you openly begged for months to win the shitposter of the year award. I don't understand the concept of constantly ridiculing a band - why not post at a forum for a band that you enjoy? One that you can post at without 90% of your posts being full of negativity and anger?

The bigger they get, the harder we laugh.

Ain't that the truth.

Whoever is here getting all mad and riled up needs a reality check.

Oh don't worry, my man, I'm not riled up at all.

In fact, I feel sorry for a few of the people who post on here. When getting a good smart aleck comment about a 50-year-old guitar player is the highlight of your day - man, what a crappy "real life" that person must live.

Gropalgopoghan- I won shitposter and a bunch of lesser awards that I didn't ask for. What did you win again? :lol: See, you need to find yourself an HTGTH-like Slash forum where nobody can ever say one negative word about him to hurt your little feelers and make you cry exactly like you're doing here. I'll continue to post whatever I feel like posting about him because your tears bring me almost as much laughter as his expanding wasteline. I will give you one thing though, I shouldn't have said "idols". We all know you wouldn't be sobbing in your milk if only Axl had been involved.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Ain't that the truth.

In fact, I feel sorry for a few of the people who post on here. When getting a good smart aleck comment about a 50-year-old guitar player is the highlight of your day - man, what a crappy "real life" that person must live.

I think you misunderstood my post. First of all, I was never directed at you, you know I have your back, Apollo. What I was saying was, people should find the comedy side on all these "Axl is fat" "Slash is fat" comments instead of getting pissed and angry. Again, not you, but those who see these type of comments as a personal offence. Some fans are very sensitive, and on both sides. For them I feel sorry.

Ain't that the truth.

What I was saying was, people should find the comedy side on all these "Axl is fat" "Slash is fat" comments instead of getting pissed and angry.

Apgopgrogalo specializes in getting pissed and angry and whiney and teary whenever anybody says anything that isn't 100% positive about Slash, so in reality you are talking about him even if you don't mean to.

We all know you wouldn't be sobbing in your milk if only Axl had been involved.

I have to disagree with that. I have seen Apollo saying the same when people make fun of Axl's weight.

Maybe. I usually skip past his whining until he starts giving me his grandpa lectures, so you could be right. He never whines at me for making fun of Axl's weight though, so I assumed he let that be.

• Like 1

Ain't that the truth.

I think you misunderstood my post. First of all, I was never directed at you, you know I have your back, Apollo. What I was saying was, people should find the comedy side on all these "Axl is fat" "Slash is fat" comments instead of getting pissed and angry. Again, not you, but those who see these type of comments as a personal offence. Some fans are very sensitive, and on both sides. For them I feel sorry.

Oh I know Nos - my comment wasn't directed at you either!

You are one of the guys that can have a normal conversation about Axl, Slash or GnR.

But some of the people who post here, their main and only reason for coming is to bash or make "clever" comments about Slash. It just seems kind of pathetic and I feel sorry for them that this is how they get their enjoyment in life. What's weird is some of them take pride in it. It's entire reddit/4chan mentality of some posters. Oh well, what can you do. At least most of the people that post here come to chat about GnR!

Oh - and I get the comedy side of it all. It is funny and amusing and sad and pathetic all at the same time. Who would have ever dreamed that the man who put out Appetite for Destruction would end up where he is today.

We all make jokes about their weight and careers! It's just those 3-4 guys whose only purpose for coming here is to bash Slash - that's what I don't get.

Edited by Apollo

Ain't that the truth.

You are one of the guys that can have a normal conversation about Axl, Slash or GnR.

But some of the people who post here, their main and only reason for coming is to bash or make "clever" comments about Slash. It just seems kind of pathetic and I feel sorry for them that this is how they get their enjoyment in life. What's weird is some of them take pride in it. It's entire reddit/4chan mentality of some posters. Oh well, what can you do. At least most of the people that post here come to chat about GnR!

:lol: Nobody needs or wants your sympathy because it's just about as worthless as your whiney posts.

Ain't that the truth.

Not that it matters but don't you realize that there's just as many if not more posters who only come here to bash and make "clever" comments about Axl?

• Like 2

Apollo is a grandpa?

Yeah, he oftenly sounds like one but he said he has a little daughter... :shrugs:

Older than 30, but not a grandpa.

I've got three kids.

Damn_Smooth and I often don't get along. I'm from the old school world of having normal conversations with people. He's from the 4chan/reddit generation of communication styles. When he isn't begging for the Shitposter of the Year award like he did last year for months, I find him to be a quality poster. Seems smart and has a good sense of humor. I'm sure in real life he is a nice kid and isn't as negative as he is on the forum.

Smooth, I've called people out for calling Axl fat as well.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with the weight of Axl or Slash. Why would fans care about that?

If it effects their performance on stage - talk about it. But posting pictures of either one of them at the beach with their shirt off, just to ridicule them? Makes no sense to me. We, as a people, should be better than that. Both guys are humans, with feelings. No need to fat shame them. Neither guy claimed to be a sex symbol or has claimed to be in great shape or have a perfect body.

People are outraged over the fat shaming that Kelly Clarkson is getting in the media. But people here do the same thing all the time. I'd just like to see our forum be better than that.

Ain't that the truth.

:lol: Nobody needs or wants your sympathy because it's just about as worthless as your whiney posts.

You have all my sympathy.

LOL - worthless posts? Hopefully someday my posts will be as full of worth as yours. HHmm, let me give a shot:

"Slash is so fat. What a fat whale he is. Axl is also really fat. What a fat whale Axl is."

Did the worthiness value of my posts go up?

Apollo is a grandpa?

Yeah, he oftenly sounds like one but he said he has a little daughter... :shrugs:

Older than 30, but not a grandpa.

I've got three kids.

Damn_Smooth and I often don't get along. I'm from the old school world of having normal conversations with people. He's from the 4chan/reddit generation of communication styles. When he isn't begging for the Shitposter of the Year award like he did last year for months, I find him to be a quality poster. Seems smart and has a good sense of humor. I'm sure in real life he is a nice kid and isn't as negative as he is on the forum.

Smooth, I've called people out for calling Axl fat as well.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with the weight of Axl or Slash. Why would fans care about that?

If it effects their performance on stage - talk about it. But posting pictures of either one of them at the beach with their shirt off, just to ridicule them? Makes no sense to me. We, as a people, should be better than that. Both guys are humans, with feelings. No need to fat shame them. Neither guy claimed to be a sex symbol or has claimed to be in great shape or have a perfect body.

People are outraged over the fat shaming that Kelly Clarkson is getting in the media. But people here do the same thing all the time. I'd just like to see our forum be better than that.

Ain't that the truth.

You have all my sympathy.

LOL - worthless posts? Hopefully someday my posts will be as full of worth as yours. HHmm, let me give a shot:

"Slash is so fat. What a fat whale he is. Axl is also really fat. What a fat whale Axl is."

Did the worthiness value of my posts go up?

Maybe you can find some place on this forum where I said my posts were worth anything? You stick to the whining and I'll stick to the insulting. It's what we're good at.

Ain't that the truth.

Not that it matters but don't you realize that there's just as many if not more posters who only come here to bash and make "clever" comments about Axl?

Jake - exactly.

If I was Downzy I wouldn't put up with it. He could ban 4-5 people and bring 90% of the forum out of the gutter.

The forum would be better off without that crap. Those posts and posters are what gives ammunition to other websites to bash and make fun of this forum, and those are the types of posters who keep MEMBERS of Guns n Roses from posting on the forum.

Who gives a f*ck how fat some 50 year old rock star is.

How about we talk about the music and not what pants size these guys wear? This is a Guns n Roses forum and you can't even have a civil discussion about GnR. By page two of any topic it turns into the same old axl-vs-slash bullsh8t.

• Like 2

Define "bash."

There was a time, when this forum would allow people to say that Axl was a fat loser. You say that now and I'm pretty sure you're instantly banned. :shrugs:

Define "bash."

There was a time, when this forum would allow people to say that Axl was a fat loser. You say that now and I'm pretty sure you're instantly banned. :shrugs:

That's just not true. It's said every day in 50 different ways. The only difference between the Axl bashing and Slash bashing is that it's easier to bash Axl, you have a lot to work with and a lot of the points are valid, but I still don't think it explains the incessant bitching about it. The way some people come into every thread to drop their "funny" comments confuses and worries me.

• Like 2