1999 album?

People complain about the white album having too much filler. I like the oddities like Ob LA Di mixed in with Yer Blues. I can just put it on and forget about it because of the variety.

Same for me with CD. It's just my personal experience of those albums. This quality is what I like. Mix tapes.

Yes but this is the Beatles you are talking about. There is a heightened sense of class which comes with that. The Beatles' 'filler' is better than Nugnr's, better songs.

"To me, 'Chinese Democracy' isn't your typical album where you write it, record it, release it, promote it, and tour. This is a totally different creature, and I think a lot of people needed a minute to realize that for it to sink in, and to stop trying to fit it into the mould of a typical album because it's not a typical album. It's so much more experimental, and it's just a totally different thing. To me, 'Chinese Democracy' is 'The White Album' for G N' R in a way. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it seems like the album is more accepted now than it was when it first came out, and that over time, people are gonna forget about the journey that it took to come out, and they're just gonna listen to the songs and the music and just take them as they are. Either they like them or they don't."

BBF. 2010.

"To me, 'Chinese Democracy' isn't your typical album where you write it, record it, release it, promote it, and tour. This is a totally different creature, and I think a lot of people needed a minute to realize that for it to sink in, and to stop trying to fit it into the mould of a typical album because it's not a typical album. It's so much more experimental, and it's just a totally different thing. To me, 'Chinese Democracy' is 'The White Album' for G N' R in a way. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it seems like the album is more accepted now than it was when it first came out, and that over time, people are gonna forget about the journey that it took to come out, and they're just gonna listen to the songs and the music and just take them as they are. Either they like them or they don't."

BBF. 2010.

I don't care about the journey at all!!

But I love the album. My favorite rock album in the last decade!

BBF. 2010.

You're wrong.

People complain about the white album having too much filler. I like the oddities like Ob LA Di mixed in with Yer Blues. I can just put it on and forget about it because of the variety.

Same for me with CD. It's just my personal experience of those albums. This quality is what I like. Mix tapes.

Yes but this is the Beatles you are talking about. There is a heightened sense of class which comes with that. The Beatles' 'filler' is better than Nugnr's, better songs.

Ill accept that but it'snot what I was saying. Maybe leave The Beatles out of it.

People say there's too much filler on UYI but to me that's what's makes it what it is.

People say CD is over produced but too me that's what makes it what it is.

Not saying which is better or I like more or how important they are to the world.

I honestly dont see that much link between CD and White as Ron says. White isn't that experimental? It's seems more evenly split between rock songs but then there are those oddities. I guess you could say Shacklers, ITW, Sorry are these oddities. It just seems more focused than that. UYI was more erratic like White. But I see what he means by the process of making CD and whole the situation is not normal. No album I know of has a such a back story. It sounds more like the making of Apoc Now or Hoppers The Last Movie story wise.

CD is like Exile on Sgt Pepper's Street. Each song is a solid rock and an experiment.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

If Axl had published CD's lyrics as a book, would it have been more or less influential than the Bible?

Wasted would give us 1,387 posts detailing why it should be more influential.
Don't try me.

I wanna hear this. There are certainly parallels that can be made.