The Psychology of Axl

IncitingChaos

Huumm treating psychological disorders with a bitch slap ...

How come no one thought about it before?

Maybe because we don't live in the caves anymore?

Maybe because this isn't the middle age?

I don't know ... maybe we should just burn the witch?

Your complete lack of ability to comprehend my post and what I'm a actually saying speaks volumes. Seriously unless you're actually going to try and follow what's being said rather than just jumping to Axl's defines STFU. Nobody needs to hear you overly sensitive defence of Axl Rose. Especially when you purposely misinterpret what's being said. I mean hopefully you purposely misinterpreted me because if you didn't......wow. Not the sharpest crayon in the box I guess.

Edited by Bono

Your complete lack of ability to comprehend my post and what I'm a actually saying speaks volumes. Seriously unless you're actually going to try and follow what's being said rather than just jumping to Axl's defines STFU. Nobody needs to hear you overly sensitive defence of Axl Rose. Especially when you purposely misinterpret what's being said. I mean hopefully you purposely misinterpreted me because if you didn't......wow. Not the sharpest crayon in the box I guess.

Never mind this Bono, he's just an 80's pop singer after all

He doesn't understand what he reads. I have already advised GUNNER to learn English because he keeps attacking people thinking that what he read is accurate, but it's just to no avail. The guy does not understand. :shrugs:

I understood what you said, quite well.

I have already advised GUNNER to learn English

Repeating utter shit 1 million times, for years, won't make you win this discussion ... :dance:

he keeps attacking people

Where did I attack him? Can you answer this question or just stay ontopic, pls?

he keeps attacking people

Where did I attack him? Can you answer this question or just stay ontopic, pls?

When you question other people by things they didn't say or do, you're attacking them. Learn to understand words.

We can stay on topic, as long as you understand what you read. Let me know when you're ready. ;)

I understood what you said, quite well.

I have read Bono's original post and no, you didn't. :)

You are either for him, or against him. There is no middle ground with the guy. It is as if the human world was constructed as some colossal war with him at its centre. And it can only take the mildest innocuous comment to find yourself on his 'black list'. We know this because nobody has yet found the 'smoking gun' for Slash's inclusion.

Perhaps for the reasons above, he likes sycophants around him, people to wipe his bottom.

He, in his own mind, is incapable of doing wrong, committing human error, admitting past mistakes.

No

You are either for him, or against him. There is no middle ground with the guy. It is as if the human world was constructed as some colossal war with him at its centre. And it can only take the mildest innocuous comment to find yourself on his 'black list'. We know this because nobody has yet found the 'smoking gun' for Slash's inclusion.

Perhaps for the reasons above, he likes sycophants around him, people to wipe his bottom.

He, in his own mind, is incapable of doing wrong, committing human error, admitting past mistakes.

No, he has admitted errors in the past. He said in retrospect that Slash should've left the band after Lies.

No, he has admitted errors in the past. He said in retrospect that Slash should've left the band after Lies.

How right he was, the UYIs sounded horrible with Slash on there...

That solo at the end of November Rain..? What the fuck was Axl thinking keeping a talentless hack who came up with that in there?

• Like 2

Axl was somehow right in what he said ...

UYI has a lot more differences from AFD than ChD has from UYI.

If Slash didn't want to upgrade from the UYI style to the ChD style, it's quite obvious that he also didn't want to upgrade from AFD to UYI, which was a bigger step. If he didn't want to do it, he should have left after Lies.

Looks like a pretty reasonable/logic comment to me ... Although I understand that some Slash's fans are too sensitive and their blood boil every time Axl says any little thing about him. :shrugs:

It's absurd to insinuate that with this comment Axl wanted to say that he didn't want Slash in UYI ... after all the good things Axl said about Slash's work with him :facepalm:

Edited by GUNNER PT

If Slash didn't want to upgrade from the UYI style to the ChD style, it's quite obvious that he also didn't want to upgrade from AFD to UYI, which was a bigger step. If he didn't want to do it, he should have left after Lies.

Looks like a pretty reasonable/logic comment to me ... Although I understand that some Slash's fans are too sensitive and their blood boil every time Axl says any little thing about him. :shrugs:

It's absurd to insinuate that with this comment Axl wanted to say that he didn't want Slash in UYI ... after all the good things Axl said about Slash's work with him :facepalm:

For a guy who ''didn't want to upgrade from AFD to UYI'' he certainly provided some of that latter album's finest moments, case in point, the riff work on Coma and Locomotive and the solos to November Rain and Estranged. More Axl fan stupidity.

For a guy who ''didn't want to upgrade from AFD to UYI'' he certainly provided some of that latter album's finest moments, case in point, the riff work on Coma and Locomotive and the solos to November Rain and Estranged. More Axl fan stupidity.

"No more stephanie seymour ballads" :lol:

That is probably rhetorical considering there was certainly no unwillingness to work on those ''Seymour ballads''; heck, some of Slash's greatest guitar work is on Stephanie Seymour ballads.

Not according to Axl. His side of it is that Duff and Slash didn't want to do November Rain and Estranged.

Edited by Rovim

That is probably rhetorical considering there was certainly no unwillingness to work on those ''Seymour ballads''; heck, some of Slash's greatest guitar work is on Stephanie Seymour ballads.

Not according to Axl. His side of it is that he had Duff and Slash didn't want to do November Rain and Estranged.

But he wrote incredible solos for them - and riffs for the latter?

Not according to Axl. His side of it is that he had Duff and Slash didn't want to do November Rain and Estranged.

And that's the key thing a lot of people forget.

I'm certain there was friction between Axl, Duff & Slash, but look at the greatness that came out of it.

• Like 2

And that's the key thing a lot of people forget.

I'm certain there was friction between Axl, Duff & Slash, but look at the greatness that came out of it.

But after UYI Slash said "no more of that shit" anyway. So I guess if you believe Axl, and Slash was against doing those songs, the "Slash should have left after Lies" comment makes more sense, from an objective point of view.

Plus Axl also said he tried to get Slash back in Guns but he couldn't convince him to stay and Slash said in his book that he would have done "Industrial, whatever Axl wanted" which doesn't really goes together with what Axl said about Slash refusing to do November Rain and Estranged.

You hear what Slash has done since Guns and it does seem like he's just interested in doing the basic, raw hard rock thing mostly.

You listen to Chinese and it sounds like Axl mostly wanting to do Illusion based stuff with new and more modern influences.

They didn't want the same thing imo, and that was a main problem, but not the only one.

And I've never denied the perfect chemistry they had together. Slash's work on November Rain and Estranged showed how talented he was: he wrote some of his best solos and leads for songs he didn't even like.

And it wasn't the first time. He claimed he didn't like SCOM as well. Both the riff and the song, yet he came up with one of the best solos of all time for it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I think it has to do more with the feeling of GNR becoming Axl's solo project than musical differences. That's why they should've all released solo albums after UYI and return with more GNR ideas than solo ideas that the others would be forced to play. I'm all for evolution and band changing their sounds, but GNR having hip hop beats? Playing industrial/grunge? That would be a big sell-out move by them back then.

I think he wanted a more Appetite feel for the follow up to Illusion, and who is to say Slash was wrong? If CD was the direction Axl wanted to pursue, then that clearly was not the correct direction to take either, beeps and farts and nu-metal riffs and bitter Steph Seymour lyrics. The world around 1996-7 might have loved a big hard rock record from Guns, like Appetite in style but less '80s and Sunset Strip.

I think he wanted a more Appetite feel for the follow up to Illusion, and who is to say Slash was wrong? If CD was the direction Axl wanted to pursue, then that clearly was not the correct direction to take either, beeps and farts and nu-metal riffs and bitter Steph Seymour lyrics. The world around 1996-7 might have loved a big hard rock record from Guns, like Appetite in style but less '80s and Sunset Strip.

But a musician needs to create music that appeals to him or her first, and not only what the world will like.

Slash wasn't wrong, he wanted to stay more in the realm of pure bluesy hard rock. Axl wasn't either. He wanted to take it in a different direction. If you're not into something, you're not into something. But maybe it was more then just musical differences. It was a main problem though imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I think that Slash's excelent contribution for the illusions isn't even in question.

Axl even showed before how much thankfull he was for Slash's contribution.

Rovim explained much better than I, in his post#45, why Axl said that. Tks Rovim.

Edited by GUNNER PT

I think that Slash's excelent contribution for the illusions isn't even in question.

Axl even showed before how much thankfull he was for Slash's contribution.

Rovim explained much better than I, in his post#45, why Axl said that. Tks Rovim.

Thx for the killa melodies! no credits for u though. You know why? cause Slash didn't deserve it cause he didn't even like those songs and refused to work on them at first.

I read in Slash's book he was insulted or offended because Axl didn't give him credit he somehow "felt" he deserved for his work on those songs.

You think Slash got Axl back for it by not granting him access to the Fall To Pieces riff? they had great working relationship.

Edited by Rovim