Another Texas Governor against gay marriage

Val22

Oh happy joy another homophobe governor here in Texas. Why should I be surprised by this?

Just because in the beginning marriage was between a man and a woman doesn't mean it's right.

Times change and all people should have the right to marriage and having children.

I've known many gay couples throughout my life both men and women and they want the same as any other couple. Health insurance and the right to marry in any state.

I've known gay couples who have had their own children and adopted children. Being parents to their children is the same as any other parent. You want your children healthy and happy.

I believe you are born gay, so raising either a boy or a girl won't "make" them gay.

Don't we all have the right to choose and be happy with whoever we love?

Usually people who are against gay marriage are afraid of the unknown.

I've know many men/women marriages who ended in divorce or make the worse parents, so why give them the right to choose?

I'm just so sick or people in government constantly talking about what's written in the bible or in some other book from millions of years ago.

Times change. We are in the time of gay, transgender and anything else people choose to be. Try to be open minded and wish them well. If you don't agree, then let them be.

Let's face it, we're not all going to get along, but if you don't like someone then just walk away. Don't criticize their lifestyle or what they believe in.

Our ancestors came to this country to find a better life, yet it seems people are still critical of people who are different and don't believe what they believe in. I think so many people have lost sight of that.

Not sure I really agree with that. If you're against gay marriage just because you "value the traditional definition of marriage" then I assume it's because of your devotion to a certain religion, which in itself is against homosexuality. But you could be getting at another point that I didn't catch.

Not sure I really agree with that. If you're against gay marriage just because you "value the traditional definition of marriage" then I assume it's because of your devotion to a certain religion, which in itself is against homosexuality. But you could be getting at another point that I didn't catch.
How exactly are Dolce and Gabbana homophobes for being against gay marriage considering they are gay? They're also Catholic. Edited by luciusfunk

I just wish they'd take on the true scourge - interracial marriage. :awesomeface:

yeah, i would imagine Val22's thread will be on another tone, if this happen

How exactly are Dolce and Gabbana homophobes for being against gay marriage considering they are gay? They're also Catholic.

Dunno, but you i thought you would support Freddie Mercury if he want to married to a dude :shrugs:

Let's face it, we're not all going to get along, but if you don't like someone then just walk away. Don't criticize their lifestyle or what they believe in.

Is that what you're doing when you rip black people a new one on this forum, walking away, deciding you don't like a group but then going 'y'know what, they got a right to exist without catching verbals off me', you don't do you, cuz it's your opinion?

And as far as these aincent books, get used to it Valerie my dear, they've been fighting over those for the last few thousand years and they don't look to me to be slowing up any time soon.

Also, on the flipside, with gay marriage, the way i see it is these things take time. You ain't just gonna wake up one morning and tell a bunch of Christians and Muslims and all the other denominations, Rastafari, i dunno, Ugandans, Africans in general actually, all these people, that 'OK, the shits alright now, queers are cool, we've all had a world with Val and you can forget all that divine ordinance stuff cuz Vals spoken, you can let the gayboys in now', it just don't work like that.

And y'know whats gonna make it work even slower? Is if you keep calling these people homophobes and refuse to address the fact that each person or group comes to terms with shit in their own way. And it don't just happen at the snap of a finger.

Christians, thats their fuckin' scripture to believe that shit, that it ain't right to be queer, sorry but it is what it is. And honestly, is it that fuckin' hard to understand, are you that intellectually remote from the very near past, like 50 years ago when it was illegal to be gay, have those mentalities been all that cleanly washed away in 50 years or so? I don't think they have and i don't think they will either, it is not that easy.

Now either you're gonna let people to be free and live and worship as they like and believe what they like and throw your weight behind this freedom of speech thing and stand up even for peoples right to say the shit you DON'T like, or we can call this Freedom of Expression comedy exactly what it is and stop kidding ourselves.

I ain't gonna look at my grandparents generation and wonder why they say stuff that nowadays is like, homophobic...or even my fuckin' Dads, you gotta have this fuckin' respect for people, this awful exasperated tone of 'oh won't you just catch up already?' ain't gonna fuckin' wash, all you're gonna do is get their backs up and drag this thing out a lot fuckin' longer than it should take.

I wonder if whats in the hearts of some people really has to do with the rights and beliefs of gay people or making out how fuckin' Cosmo' you are and looking back at all those laggin' in the race like 'ugh, check your diaries people, it's 20-fuckin' 15!'.

And it gets even more complicated when you go abroad and there try and impose your mentality on people who don't think that way and don't wanna think that way. And some of them are functioning on the basis of a morality that we, from the west, sold them. There weren't no fuckin' Christianity in Uganda until we went over there and made laws, as per The Bible, that that shit is wrong. What we supposed to do now, 'Oh, y'know what, God was wrong, fuck all that shit now, unlearn all that morality now, yes, we know but listen, we got the skinny now, you ready for this? Queers are cool now! Lets stick a pink ribbon round Africa and crack on now yeah?', Thaaaaaaaaat shit ain't gonna happen, sorry! :lol:

Also Valerie dear, if you want the world to be a more tolerant place you could go some way to achieving that objective by toning down the ol' Anti-Negro sentiment yourself. Not that easy though huh? Why? Cuz it's about what YOUR life experience and it ain't up to the big B'stard to go 'trust me Valerie, they're OK!' and suddenly thats enough for you to change your mind. And you were scarred on that shit by one incident, one incident on a subway in NY with your brother (which sounded awful by the way, sorry, hope everyone was alright). One little incident though, a jumping? I been jumped before and i managed to rationalise that shit. If i told you how many times i got jumped by white people you'd be fuckin' stunned. And i didn't to be told it was about race, they made that shit clear. But so what, fuck it, sometimes you lump and sometimes you get lumped, right?

And you're telling people to alter convinctions that are based on something more than a rough night on the trains, this is based on the WORD OF GOD, the almighty, all seeing, omniscient being...can you appreciate why many thousand years of human history and belief doesn't just get blinked into being something else just cuz you say so?

I mean you're someone that can't divorce themselves from a prejudice borne of a lot less than what some Christians or more broadly, people of the scripture, have backing up what they believe, so what makes you think that its as easy for them on that end? You of all people should have a little compassion here.

• Like 1

I just wish they'd take on the true scourge - interracial marriage. :awesomeface:

How exactly are Dolce and Gabbana homophobes for being against gay marriage considering they are gay? They're also Catholic.

Dunno, but you i thought you would support Freddie Mercury if he want to married to a dude :shrugs:

Absolutely not. I will not stand for zombie marriage!

wow, poor Val got destroyed here

username, i just spit my tea on my screen, thanks :lol:

Absolutely not. I will not stand for zombie marriage!

But what if he comes out with this in 1986?

Edited by Strange Broue

aTMQ5gl.jpg

I'd say that you're wrong, because we're talking about CIVIL marriage. If even civil marriage is a religious institution, than the government has to stop doing it all together because it violates the First Amendment. So either everyone gets it or no one gets it.

Lots of people supported segregation and interracial marriage based on religious principles. Go ahead and try to tell me that those people weren't racist.

Finally, this dude (a pastor) knocks it right out of the park:

gay Catholics against gay marriage because they're Catholics? makes sense :lol:

the only logical explanation for their "synthetic children" brainfart is that it was a surprisingly successful gimmick to promote their latest collection "The Family". otherwise nobody would give a damn. and now it looks like "bees against honey" campaign :lol:

2vsmd0p.jpg

• Like 1