Duff Mckagan Talks about Axl and GNR

So... Seriously? This can't be just Duffs honest answer? He has to have some Axl pleasing agenda?

he passed on the question. he's quoted as saying he'll pass.
Obviously this. Not rocket surgery.

I don't necessarily think it's about money, but it's definitely about not ruffling feathers boiling blood.

While I agree that it's a political answer, I just don't see it as having anything to do with needing to be in Axl's good graces.

I've said this a ton in the past and I'm gonna say it again now: I don't think the GN'R past matters near as much to any actual members of GN'R as it does to many of us. I'd say the average user on here thinks about it far more day to day than any past member does, except maybe Adler.

Or except maybe Axl.......... who is in fact the only one living off the past
Exactly.

I completely disagree, Russ. The guy we spend most of our time talking about is entirely stuck on and dependent on the past. This is well documented. And why else would he pass on the question? Who else in the entire world would have a problem with his genuine answer? Who else would he have to be so political for? No one.

It would appear I have to do a little backtracking lol. What I said previously was all with a "except Axl" caveat.

I do think Duffs answer is his honest answer. I don't think he was sitting there going "Hmmm.... WWAT?" (What would Axl think)

As for the second point though, I do think Axl spends as much time or more than all of us on the past.

It would appear I have to do a little backtracking lol. What I said previously was all with a "except Axl" caveat.

I do think Duffs answer is his honest answer. I don't think he was sitting there going "Hmmm.... WWAT?" (What would Axl think)

As for the second point though, I do think Axl spends as much time or more than all of us on the past.

I completely disagree. He's obviously thinking wat wold Axl think, because they are friends. he passed on the question and gave some vague poltically correct answer BECAUSE he's friends with Axl and doesn't want to creat any animosity. If Duff has something to say to him he'll do it in person and not via an interview where thinsg could possibly be taken the wrong way. The reason he passed on the question is 100% because of what Axl might think if he gave the actual answer because lets face it if he had nothing but praise for Axl and what he's done with the GnR name, brand and band he'd have said it. It's like if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. The difference with Slash though is they aren't friends and he doesn't have to worry about what Axl will think. he can give his honest answer without any fall out.

Edited by Bono

If Duff has something to say to him he'll do it in person and not via an interview

That's what friends, or people who respects each other, should do.

The difference with Slash though is they aren't friends and he doesn't have to worry about what Axl will think. he can give his honest answer without any fall out.

That's what he did back in a day ... and he has the right to do it, but ... after doing something like that, it's kind of stupid to think that Axl, or anyone in the same position, could receive him in his house or in his band again.

That's why Slash needs to apologize if he wants to have anything to do with Axl again.

That's quite obvious, I think ...

Edited by GUNNER PT

If Duff has something to say to him he'll do it in person and not via an interview

That's what friends, or people who respects each other, should do.

The difference with Slash though is they aren't friends and he doesn't have to worry about what Axl will think. he can give his honest answer without any fall out.

That's what he did back in a day ... and he has the right to do it, but ... after doing something like that, it's kind of stupid to think that Axl, or anyone in the same position, could receive him in his house or in his band again.

That's why Slash needs to apologize if he wants to have anything to do with Axl again.

That's quite obvious, I think ...

It's also kinda stupid to think that if a guy called you a cancer publicly that you could recieve him in your house or band again. Take your Axl blinders off man. Seriously just stop! You sound more and more ridiculous each and every day.

I just think they don't want to say we'd never do it because its bad PR. they the good guys, Axl is stopping them.

Do you really think they want to go on a reunion tour with Axl?

Do you think Axl will turn up on time? Confident?

Crowd would be crazy for these shows. Personally I'd be worried. Lots of riot potential.

And if Axl and Slash aren't all made up then Axl could leave mid show.

I see dead people walking around as regular people.

Slash has nothing to apologize for. Unless he wants to have anything to do with Axl again. If so, maybe Axl only would accept him after Slash apologize for telling in public some things that he should had kept in private ... like friends do. He just have to decide if he wants to behave like a friend or not ... :)

Fixed. :)

Again ... If Slash do it someday, he will prove that he really is 2 steps above Axl, because Axl also should apologize ... the one who gives the first step will show "how to be a man". I just think that Slash is in a better position to do it ... I don't understand how come some people can see what I'm saying as hating or attacking Slash ... in a matter of fact I'm putting my biggest hopes on Slash ... you Slash fans should review your position, maybe you are doing it wrong.

It's also kinda stupid to think that if a guy called you a cancer publicly that you could recieve him in your house or band again. Take your Axl blinders off man. Seriously just stop! You sound more and more ridiculous each and every day.

Your post is completly nonsense.

1st

Axl never said "hey Slash, you're a cancer" or "Slash is a cancer"... That's calling someone a cancer.

Axl said "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer...)" ... It was an analogy ... obviously Axl was referring to some kind of Slash's behavior and to the way he, personally, saw that kind of behavior ... that's why he referred "In a nutshell" .. he just didn't want to develop his motives behind the analogy.

I'm not saying that it isn't also bad, but, maybe it's time to people stop saying that Axl called Slash a cancer, because it isn't correct. :)

2nd

Who said Slash wanted to receive Axl in his house or band, after Axl calling him cancer? Worst ... who said Axl wanted to go to Slash's house or band? :lol: Completly nonsense ... go read my post again ...

3rd

Maybe you should take your Slash blinders off ... looks like you can't see how things work.

Besides I never said Axl is an innocent in this story ...

The thing is, looks like Slash is making some kind of movement ... IF, he really wants to do something he needs to assume his half of responsibility in a proper way, or he won't go anywhere ... The same with Axl ... If Axl wants to do something, he needs to assume his half of responsibility ... the thing his, Axl doesn't look much interested in doing something ... that's why I'm only talking about Slash, not because I have an "agenda" ...

You wouldn't happier than me with a reunion, so stop acting like if you were the real illuminati around here...

Slash has nothing to apologize for. Unless he wants to have anything to do with Axl again. If so, maybe Axl only would accept him after Slash apologize for telling in public some things that he should had kept in private ... like friends do. He just have to decide if he wants to behave like a friend or not ... :)

Again ... If Slash do it someday, he will prove that he really is 2 steps above Axl, because Axl also should apologize ... the one who gives the first step will show "how to be a man". I just think that Slash is in a better position to do it ... I don't understand how come some people can see what I'm saying as hating or attacking Slash ... in a matter of fact I'm putting my biggest hopes on Slash ... you Slash fans should review your position, maybe you are doing it wrong.

Not fixed.

- It is not up to you to decide what Slash should have kept in private or not. It wasn't your relationship.

- Friends tell the truth no matter what the cost. Unless Slash said things about Axl that weren't factually true, you have already lost a case.

- It is not up to Axl to "accept" Slash as much as Slash should "accept" Axl. You're insinuating and assuming that Slash is the one who wants to make amends with Axl, based on what? Eh, let's see... pure speculation.

- Slash has nothing to apologize for. Zero. Nada.

- Axl has nothing to apologize for either. Zero. Nada.

I'm not going to fix your post because you get mad when I point out your bad English.

:)

Not fixed.

- It is not up to you to decide what Slash should have kept in private or not. It wasn't your relationship.

- Friends tell the truth no matter what the cost. Unless Slash said things about Axl that weren't factually true, you have already lost a case.

- It is not up to Axl to "accept" Slash as much as Slash should "accept" Axl. You're insinuating and assuming that Slash is the one who wants to make amends with Axl, based on what? Eh, let's see... pure speculation.

I'm not going to fix your post because you get mad when I point out your bad English.

LOL ...

Man, I really hope this ends up in a reunion, or else, Slash will have to explain some things ...

Not fixed.

LOL ...

Man, I really hope this ends up in a reunion, or else, Slash will have to explain some things ...

It's never going to happen. Slash has nothing to explain so far.

Not fixed.

LOL ...

Are you saying that this is just Slash playing with the fans?

Are you saying that Slash are telling those things and talking about "we" without having any positive sign from Axl's side?

Are you saying that Slash is telling that the right reason to do a reunion would be because of the fans, just to look cool, once again?

Are you saying that Slash is putting things in a way that, if a reunion never happens, the fans will blame Axl for it, once again?

Man ... I thought you were his fan .... :facepalm:

Personally I don't want them to do it for the fans ... that's a cheesy idea ... It would sound like a fake reunion ... they don't have to make a reunion for the fans, for the money or whatever ... that's not the GN'R spirit. I hope Slash didn't say that just to put the fans on his side, once again. Personally I would like them to do it for themselves, because that's what GN'R really were.

Edited by GUNNER PT

I completely disagree. He's obviously thinking wat wold Axl think, because they are friends. he passed on the question and gave some vague poltically correct answer BECAUSE he's friends with Axl and doesn't want to creat any animosity. If Duff has something to say to him he'll do it in person and not via an interview where thinsg could possibly be taken the wrong way. The reason he passed on the question is 100% because of what Axl might think if he gave the actual answer because lets face it if he had nothing but praise for Axl and what he's done with the GnR name, brand and band he'd have said it. It's like if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. The difference with Slash though is they aren't friends and he doesn't have to worry about what Axl will think. he can give his honest answer without any fall out.

Wait. I think I still need to clarify.

What I mean is that I don't think he's worried about what Axl would think on account of wanting/needing to stay associated with Guns N' Roses. Someone in this thread made it sound like Duff was worried about what Axl would think because he needs to keep the ability to play with GN'R. Personally, I don't think any musician on Earth is worried about being able to join GN'R, let alone Duff.

• Like 2

I never said anything like it. Slash is not playing with anyone since he's not affirming nor denying any type of reunion.

Are you saying that Slash are telling those things and talking about "we" without having any positive sign from Axl's side?

I never said anything like it. Slash spoke for himself. He said we as in "old Guns" and he was discussing the result/outcome of the break-up. It wasn't about a reunion. This is probably another case of you not understanding what you read.

Are you saying that Slash is telling that the right reason to do a reunion would be because of the fans, just to look cool, once again?

I never said anything like it. Slash gave his opinion on the matter. "If we do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it" =/= "I would reunite with asshole Axl Rose just for the fans". :)

Are you saying that Slash is putting things in a way that, if a reunion never happens, the fans will blame Axl for it, once again?

I never said anything like it. Your sentence makes no sense. A reunion will never happen because Axl said it will never happen. He's the one who owns the name.

I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. Man, I thought you understood words. :facepalm:

Personally I don't want them to do it for the fans ... that's a cheesy idead ... It would sound like a fake reunion ... they don't have to make a reunion for the fans, for the money or whatever ... that's not the GN'R spirit. I hope Slash didn't say that just to put the fans on his side, once again. Personally I would like them to do it for themselves, because that's what GN'R really were.

Nonsense, and another case of you not understanding what you read. Why would they do it for themselves? Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Matt are all doing things they seem to enjoy. You don't like A or B, I don't like C or D, doesn't matter. They're doing their own thing and they're enjoying it. Also, Slash said if they do it for the right reasons, the fans would love it. That's different.

• Like 1

Axl said "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer...)"

I'm not saying that it isn't also bad, but, maybe it's time to people stop saying that Axl called Slash a cancer, because it isn't correct. :)

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

Hey, hey hey ... there's something missing in that quote ...

As Mark has said many times Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for and does not even know everything Axl is mad about.

Unless they were willing to do counseling. as Mark suggested, and get everything on the table it may be a hopeless situation. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Not fixed.

LOL ...

Personally I don't want them to do it for the fans ... that's a cheesy idea ... It would sound like a fake reunion ... they don't have to make a reunion for the fans, for the money or whatever ... that's not the GN'R spirit. I hope Slash didn't say that just to put the fans on his side, once again. Personally I would like them to do it for themselves, because that's what GN'R really were.

So PT will continually say that Slash does things to "look cool" simply from ONE line from a guy who owns a deli. But that is now a mantra in regards to Slash. But PT wants people to stop referencing Axl calling Slash a cancer?

Sometimes the things that are posted on this forum simply defy logic.

The conclusion is that if Axl punches Gunner PT and Wkuk then they will say that Axl dint punch them, Axl just thought they are punching bags and Axl intentions were misunderstood

Apollo, dint you have Green Yoda as your profile pic? lol, it was funny, why did you remove it?

Not fixed.

LOL ...

So PT will continually say that Slash does things to "look cool" simply from ONE line from a guy who owns a deli. But that is now a mantra in regards to Slash. But PT wants people to stop referencing Axl calling Slash a cancer?

Sometimes the things that are posted on this forum simply defy logic.

I would like to debate the "look cool" and the "cancer" stuff ... but you would need to have any arguments, which isn't the case of your last post. :/

The conclusion is that if Axl punches Gunner PT and Wkuk then they will say that Axl dint punch them, Axl just thought they are punching bags and Axl intentions were misunderstood

Nah ... the conclusion is that you are being funny but you are not adding anything to the conversation ...

At least, I already exposed some of my arguments. :shrugs:

Your post is completly nonsense.

1st

Axl never said "hey Slash, you're a cancer" or "Slash is a cancer"... That's calling someone a cancer.

Axl said "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer...)" ... It was an analogy ... obviously Axl was referring to some kind of Slash's behavior and to the way he, personally, saw that kind of behavior ... that's why he referred "In a nutshell" .. he just didn't want to develop his motives behind the analogy.

2nd

Who said Slash wanted to receive Axl in his house or band, after Axl calling him cancer? Worst ... who said Axl wanted to go to Slash's house or band? :lol: Completly nonsense ... go read my post again ...

3rd

Maybe you should take your Slash blinders off ... looks like you can't see how things work.

Besides I never said Axl is an innocent in this story ...

The thing is, looks like Slash is making some kind of movement ... IF, he really wants to do something he needs to assume his half of responsibility in a proper way, or he won't go anywhere ... The same with Axl ... If Axl wants to do something, he needs to assume his half of responsibility ... the thing his, Axl doesn't look much interested in doing something ... that's why I'm only talking about Slash, not because I have an "agenda" ...

You wouldn't happier than me with a reunion, so stop acting like if you were the real illuminati around here...

:blink:

:facepalm:

Edited by Bono

Slash and Axl need to find a common enemy so that their shared sense of hatred brings them together.

Someone should pay Vince Neil, Bret Michaels and a bunch of other tossers a shedload of cash to publicly declare Axl & Slash a pair of frauds who made the shittiest album of the 80's.

• Like 1