Duff Mckagan Talks about Axl and GNR

Class act my arse, he's blatantly stroking the bastard off to pad the ol' pension fund with a couple more reunion stretches :lol:

Duff doesn't need money. He could not work another day in his life and still spend like crazy.

I never said he needed the money. If the only people that needed money were the ones after it then half the worlds problems'd be solved.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

That's how you answer questions Slash.

That's how you answer questions if you want to avoid the question because you really don't have much good to say. That wasn't answering a question. That was a friend of Axl's who didn't want what he says to be blown out of proportion and have fans like you hating on him for speaking honestly so nstead he passed on answering the question.

So... Seriously? This can't be just Duffs honest answer? He has to have some Axl pleasing agenda?

he passed on the question. he's quoted as saying he'll pass. He made some vague comments that are true. It's not easy obviously but it's not as hard as Axl has made it. If Duff had anything really positive to say he'd have said it but he's not going to blow smoke up everyone's ass. Slash answers honestly too but he says what he thinks. He doesn't avoid the question in this manner. To each their own for how they chose to handle these questions. What's funny is the Axl zealots(not you) loving this non answer from Duff but hating Slash's answers only because they don't glorify Axl. If Duff Answered this and it wasn't a positive response you can guarantee these same people loving his non answer would be all over him, asking him to refrain from using the GnR name and calling him a hypocrit.

So... Seriously? This can't be just Duffs honest answer? He has to have some Axl pleasing agenda?

he passed on the question. he's quoted as saying he'll pass.

Obviously this. Not rocket surgery.

I don't necessarily think it's about money, but it's definitely about not ruffling feathers boiling blood.

I haven't been around this forum long enough to understand who the slash followers are and who the Axl brigade are, but personally I still love both these dudes. They are both equally to blame for this childish crap continuing on IMO,

I can see both sides of the argument but I do t really care to take sides!

As for Duff, he answered the question by what he said, as someone else said, he simply doesn't want to get into it, if he had heaps of good things to say about that topic he would have, but he's not keen to reopen old topics... And what good would it do anyway?

Anyway... Duff is one cool dude, and the more ex members who do shows from the old guns the better IMO, that's all I really care about!

• Like 2

Duff wants back in Guns I think. I want him back in Guns too. I still love the drunk zombie though.

The reason he chose to answer that question the way he did is a great example of the problem with Axl. And it's not about money. It's about Axl's fragile feelings.

You can't say mean things or you can be locked out of the Guns kingdom.

To be honest, I'd probably give the same answer if I was him. He only recently got his friend "back" and played with Axl's band. They seem to be rebuilding their relationship. I think that's very important for Duff cause he loves Axl and he enjoyed being a part of the whole thing even for a short while. Maybe he doesn't want to fuck up the chance to do that again in the future and he knows how sensitive (crazy) Axl is.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, pretty much. Depending who these snidey motherfuckers are standing next to they got a different tale, one starts to wonder is all.

When you use terms like 'agenda' it makes it sound a lot more espionagey than it actually is, just at different times in our lives its a good idea to keep different people onside.

Maybe we are in the dark regarding some of the things why the band parted ways. Who knows.

And maybe when Axl is really old like 70, he'll write a trilogy of books filled with the reasons and the truth and justice. For now, we are being lied to. The tip of the iceberg phase.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Maybe we are in the dark regarding some of the things why the band parted ways. Who knows.

You do know that whatever Axl hasn't told us yet will probably won't be a good enough reason for his unrelenting refusal to do what's best for the band right? Slash should have been allowed to at least talk to him. That's what normal people do. They don't hold on to anger for 20 fucking years and trample the remains of what was once great with a totally embarrassing approach of almost always choosing the cowardly way out of a difficult situation, not to mention the easy way out.

I like Chinese though. I'll always follow Axl cause I like his music and his voice but he did so little with the Guns name and wasted so many years doing jack shit. Can't deny that.

Edited by Rovim

You do know that whatever Axl hasn't told us yet will probably won't be a good enough reason for his unrelenting refusal to do what's best for the band right? Slash should have been allowed to at least talk to him. That's what normal people do. They don't hold on to anger for 20 fucking years and trample the remains of what was once great with a totally embarrassing approach of almost always choosing the cowardly way out of a difficult situation, not to mention the easy way out.

I like Chinese though. I'll always follow Axl cause I like his music and his voice but he did so little with the Guns name and wasted so many years doing jack shit. Can't deny that.

Agreed. Although the "Chinese" era, has definitely been a ride in this fans eyes. I swear to God, we need to hear what else musically he has up his sleeve, and I don't mean his arm.

• Like 1

Agreed. Although the "Chinese" era, has definitely been a ride in this fans eyes. I swear to God, we need to hear what else musically he has up his sleeve, and I don't mean his arm.

Yeah, but only 15 songs to listen to from this band is pretty rough. Why do I get the feeling that if it was anyone else but Axl, we'd have at least 4 albums by now?

Kinda sounded like Apollo there. He brainwashes unintentionally. :heart:

Edited by Rovim

As Duff and Axl have somehow repaired their friendship and they share a great bond with eachother and even during the tour they were close to eachother, I know Axl doesn't even talks or hangs out with the other members, but Duff and Axl had a great history together, so do they call each other now? do they go out for Dinners or lunch or if Axl invites duff to his Halloween parties?

As Duff and Axl have somehow repaired their friendship and they share a great bond with eachother and even during the tour they were close to eachother, I know Axl doesn't even talks or hangs out with the other members, but Duff and Axl had a great history together, so do they call each other now? do they go out for Dinners or lunch or if Axl invites duff to his Halloween parties?

I don't know, but a really wild guess: I think Axl would have hired Duff in a heartbeat if he needed a bass player. I think Duff would have accepted. I've shed a lonely tear thinking about it the other day.

I imagine Axl at least texts Duff or something, he really seemed excited about getting his friend back in a way and that's great.

New interview with duff, he talks about his book, about his life, his daughters, GNR, Axl and the Current Line up

What do you have to say to those people who say the current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, and that Axl shouldn't call the band Guns N' Roses?

That's a personal opinion. You know, I look what that guy's done with those guys, I got respect for that guy [Axl]. He's been out there working, and that shit ain't easy. It might look easy or look like, "Oh, I'll grab this player and this guy and the other guy." It just doesn't work like that. So... um pass on that question, it's not for me to say, it's really not for me to say. I have moved on so far away from that, so to be brought back to that now would be a little silly.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/interviews/a34789/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-interview/

That's a question practically buried in the interview. He spent a week with the band and seemed to get along with them, and as he said, it's a personal opinion, not just his, but everyone's. I think reconnecting with GNR opens possibilities up.

I would have asked if Kings of Chaos would invite Axl to be one of the singers.

New interview with duff, he talks about his book, about his life, his daughters, GNR, Axl and the Current Line up

What do you have to say to those people who say the current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, and that Axl shouldn't call the band Guns N' Roses?

That's a personal opinion. You know, I look what that guy's done with those guys, I got respect for that guy [Axl]. He's been out there working, and that shit ain't easy. It might look easy or look like, "Oh, I'll grab this player and this guy and the other guy." It just doesn't work like that. So... um pass on that question, it's not for me to say, it's really not for me to say. I have moved on so far away from that, so to be brought back to that now would be a little silly.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/interviews/a34789/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-interview/

That's a question practically buried in the interview. He spent a week with the band and seemed to get along with them, and as he said, it's a personal opinion, not just his, but everyone's. I think reconnecting with GNR opens possibilities up.

I would have asked if Kings of Chaos would invite Axl to be one of the singers.

Very less chances but If Duff Invites Axl to sing a few GNR songs in Kings of Chaos then who knows he might show up, Axl has no problems with Duff or even Matt or Gilby

I don't necessarily think it's about money, but it's definitely about not ruffling feathers boiling blood.

While I agree that it's a political answer, I just don't see it as having anything to do with needing to be in Axl's good graces.

I've said this a ton in the past and I'm gonna say it again now: I don't think the GN'R past matters near as much to any actual members of GN'R as it does to many of us. I'd say the average user on here thinks about it far more day to day than any past member does, except maybe Adler.

(See Gunner PT, I dont always side with Slash)

Man ... really? Again? :lol:

Anyway, thanks for posting :headbang:

Duff shouldn't play with fakegnr. Sometimes, he's really spineless.

rsrsrsrsrsrsr

aeauaeauaeauaeu

jajajajajajaja

LOL

That's how you answer questions, if you don't want to get into Axl's childish enemy list, Slash.

Or if you just don't want to harm a friend? Can that be possible?

It's quite obvious what Duff thinks about it ... and it's totally legit from him to think what he thinks. If he have anything to say to Axl that is worthless to be said, he just have to tell him ... not to the press. If a close friend of yours have an ugly haircut you will tell him or you will just be quite ... you don't gonna talk to the press about that. That will ashame your friend. Some people still knows what friendship is ... we can see real friendship in the bad moments not in the middle of a party.

:shrugs:

While I agree that it's a political answer, I just don't see it as having anything to do with needing to be in Axl's good graces.

I've said this a ton in the past and I'm gonna say it again now: I don't think the GN'R past matters near as much to any actual members of GN'R as it does to many of us. I'd say the average user on here thinks about it far more day to day than any past member does, except maybe Adler.

Or except maybe Axl.......... who is in fact the only one living off the past

• Like 1

Exactly.

I completely disagree, Russ. The guy we spend most of our time talking about is entirely stuck on and dependent on the past. This is well documented. And why else would he pass on the question? Who else in the entire world would have a problem with his genuine answer? Who else would he have to be so political for? No one.

Exactly.

I completely disagree, Russ. The guy we spend most of our time talking about is entirely stuck on and dependent on the past. This is well documented. And why else would he pass on the question? Who else in the entire world would have a problem with his genuine answer? Who else would he have to be so political for? No one.

Axl didn't forget the past ... maybe because he feels more harmed than the others. I'm not saying he is right or not, but I guess it's easy to understand that something was really important to someone if that person spends years of his life in his basement because of it...

Anyway, I think it's easier to forget the past if you don't even remember most of it just because you weren't sober enough ...