What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

What's the verdict on Gimme Danger?

I think its fantastic but I'm a bad person to ask, i cant like...look at it as a piece of film, I'm a massive Stooges fan and i jus love seeing their story told by Ig' and Scotty and Ronnie and James Williamson etc.  I was sayin in the film thread it aint really critical as such, its a celebration but i think thats OK, its OK to do that, The Stooges had their share of criticism, in fact they had nothing but for their entire fuckin existence and if anyone wants to see em picked apart and looked at critically then this perhaps aint the documentary for you but...yeah, i liked it, i think its good.  Not an abundance of footage cuz an abundance of footage dont exist on The Stooges but quite frankly I'd listen to five times the length of that documentary just listening to the various Stooges just talking.  Yeah, I really liked it, I think it was brilliant.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think its fantastic but I'm a bad person to ask, i cant like...look at it as a piece of film, I'm a massive Stooges fan and i jus love seeing their story told by Ig' and Scotty and Ronnie and James Williamson etc.  I was sayin in the film thread it aint really critical as such, its a celebration but i think thats OK, its OK to do that, The Stooges had their share of criticism, in fact they had nothing but for their entire fuckin existence and if anyone wants to see em picked apart and looked at critically then this perhaps aint the documentary for you but...yeah, i liked it, i think its good.  Not an abundance of footage cuz an abundance of footage dont exist on The Stooges but quite frankly I'd listen to five times the length of that documentary just listening to the various Stooges just talking.  Yeah, I really liked it, I think it was brilliant.

I don't mind celebration pieces at all. As long as it's interesting and cool and fairly straight up then I can dig it. I'm gonna check it out.

Is this the one we talked about directed by what's his name? Coffee and Cigarettes and Ghost Dog guy?

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

I don't mind celebration pieces at all. As long as it's interesting and cool and fairly straight up then I can dig it. I'm gonna check it out.

Is this the one we talked about directed by what's his name? Coffee and Cigarettes and Ghost Dog guy?

The very same, yes sir ;)  Jim Jarmusch, the son of Lee Marvin :lol:  Or one of em.  Ever hear of the sons of Lee Marvin?  Its some fuckin' drinking club these guys have got to which the qualifying factor is that you have to bear some manner of resemblence to Lee Marvin.  I believe Tom Waits is also a member although I'm fucked if i can see a resemblence there!

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The very same, yes sir ;)  Jim Jarmusch, the son of Lee Marvin :lol:  Or one of em.  Ever hear of the sons of Lee Marvin?  Its some fuckin' drinking club these guys have got to which the qualifying factor is that you have to bear some manner of resemblence to Lee Marvin.  I believe Tom Waits is also a member although I'm fucked if i can see a resemblence there!

See, I pay attention!

Waits/Marvin.....nope don't see it :lol: They better put their game face on if they want drink like their daddy then :lol:

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

See, I pay attention!

Waits/Marvin.....nope don't see it :lol: They better out their game face on if they want drink like their daddy then :lol:

The grey hair with Jarmusch, i can see a very very mild passing resemblence...but Waits?  Marvin was a war hero y'know?  Purple hearts and all that.  Some kind of presidential medal and tons of others too, was at the Battle of Saipan where most of his unit got wiped out, wounded twice, he was some kinda fuckin' hardcase was Lee.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The grey hair with Jarmusch, i can see a very very mild passing resemblence...but Waits?  Marvin was a war hero y'know?  Purple hearts and all that.  Some kind of presidential medal and tons of others too, was at the Battle of Saipan where most of his unit got wiped out, wounded twice, he was some kinda fuckin' hardcase was Lee.

Yeah I love Marvin. I remember the first time I watched Reservoir Dogs and Mr. Blonde tells Mr. White...I bet you  were a Lee Marvin fan. I was like hell yeah he's a Lee Marvin fan.

I will say this, fictional but whatever, in Liberty Valance he knew he was a bad ass and wasn't scared of shit. But you could, he knew the Duke could give it to him.

Just now, J Dog said:

Yeah I love Marvin. I remember the first time I watched Reservoir Dogs and Mr. Blonde tells Mr. White...I bet you  were a Lee Marvin fan. I was like hell yeah he's a Lee Marvin fan.

I will say this, fictional but whatever, in Liberty Valance he knew he was a bad ass and wasn't scared of shit. But you could, he knew the Duke could give it to him.

I really liked him in that movie Point Blank, ever see that?  Its like a 70s cop thing.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I really liked him in that movie Point Blank, ever see that?  Its like a 70s cop thing.

I don't think so. Most of his films I've seen are the war stuff or westerns. He's a great cowboy.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1