Axl and his obsession with Charles Manson

I just read it last week.

Not sure if Game is on Lie though. Or if its why Axl put it on. It fits with the other selections.

But it's still convoluted to sing a song by a guy who you think is sick.

Game is on Lie and uh, none of the songs are about nothing. They are, as previously stated, a bag of shite.

'i am a mechanical man....and i do what i can', oh mustard Charlie, fuuuuuuuuuuuckin' hell, musta took you ages to think that up.

'ol' ego is a too much thing, ol' ego is too much thing, it'll make you jump and shout, it'll make you start fallin' out and then you ease on out of your miiiind' *gasp* i wonder what he could meeean...he must be the messiah!!!

Yeah, if you're a pituary retard :lol:

Do you really need Marilyn Manson to give you that idea, I mean it's an album that you can just up and by, whats Marilyn got to do with it? :lol:

And oh, by the way, if anyones wondering what the albums like, it's a bag of shite. Yes, i know you think it's good because you're fascinated by the idea of this mystical murdering bastard and are amazed that he can actually put chords and rhyming words together, he can't sing to save his life, he can't write a song to save his life and he's a cunt. Thank you for your time.

Never listened to it. More of a Kylie's greatest hits hipster. She's so punk rock.

That's just Marilyn's story about meeting Axl. Axl told him about his multiple personalities and he told him about Lie because him and Trent were shacked up in Sharon Tates mansion recording Downward Spiral.

I'm not saying I'm for mass murder and shit but serial killers are cool.

Shit, I guess I'm just a natural born killer.

I have said it before but it is because Axl was going through a period of identifying with 'persecuted' bearded individuals. He saw Oliver Stone's The Doors and this was at the same time as he was wearing Jesus shirts also. Axl himself grew a beard to look suitably, 'persecuted'.

Do you really need Marilyn Manson to give you that idea, I mean it's an album that you can just up and by, whats Marilyn got to do with it? :lol:

No,of course not.

But as big a douchebag as I think Marilyn is, I think there probably is something to his story...Axl was very taken with Trent and his alumni, a lot of whom ended up being in his band or working on the album etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Marilyn Manson claimed that he (pre mainstream success) went backstage to a GNR gig and that is where Axl got the idea for the Manson stuff from.

This photo is from 1985 or 1986, so I think Marilyn Manson is drowning in his own ego again.

http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/08522_151000_slashrecklessroad_02.jpg

Edit: 1985 Troubadour - first gig - above Slash's amp

http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/firstgig.jpg

Edited by hellobeatle
  • Like 1

Don't think it was ever an obsession. Dude had a shirt on and copped a load of shit for it. He explained himself but the journalists with there hater personalitys don't think about smearing somebody's name when it comes to selling magazines or newspapers. He was one of the most famous people in the world when he wore the shirts, when your in the spotlight everything you do is scrutinised.

• Like 1

Marilyn Manson claimed that he (pre mainstream success) went backstage to a GNR gig and that is where Axl got the idea for the Manson stuff from.

This photo is from 1985 or 1986, so I think Marilyn Manson is drowning in his own ego again.

http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/08522_151000_slashrecklessroad_02.jpg

Edit: 1985 Troubadour - first gig - above Slash's amp

http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/firstgig.jpg

That looks like Paul McCartney on Sgt Peppers. An early CD reference.

Don't think it was ever an obsession. Dude had a shirt on and copped a load of shit for it. He explained himself but the journalists with there hater personalitys don't think about smearing somebody's name when it comes to selling magazines or newspapers. He was one of the most famous people in the world when he wore the shirts, when your in the spotlight everything you do is scrutinised.

''Hater personalitys'' (sic) haha.

• Like 1

Obssession? What, wearing a t shirt and covering a song? :lol:

Axl did like the music by Manson and he even wrote tshirts which had Manson on it, Maybe Axl could relate himself to him?

What is your take on Charles Manson? People say he dint do the murders, but he did brainwash his "Family Members" and the killings were pretty brutal, answer this from your point of view and not just cause you are an Axl fan (Wkuk and Gunner PT) so if Axl likes him then you also like him

Even Laden himself din't do the thing, but he did brainwash people in the name of religion, so If a person promotes him or wear tshirts of him, you think that is cool?

My take on Charles Manson is that he was the mentally ill child of a young drifter girl that spent a lot of time doing porridge, came out in the 60s where everybody was all into mysticism and drugs and they found this nomadic looking character that talked a load of gibberish that they wanted to believe (and doing LSD helped that along) because they were sad, lonely, desperate and really rather pathetic people looking for meaning where it ain't to be found...and if it is it's the wrong kind. They were morons, he had an instinctive sort of intelligence which is rendered almost completely useless in any practical sense based on the fact that he's mad as a lorry-load of monkeys.

Wearing the shirt on stage, in a video, covering a song.

• 6 months later...

Wha??

http://www.details.com/story/matthew-roberts-biological-father-charles-manson

If Roberts' biological mother truly didn't know that Manson had fathered her baby, then how did he learn of the name Lawrence Alexander? Either way, there's no denying that Matthew Roberts is an ambitious fellow. He wants to develop a "son of Manson" reality show with a production company in Orlando and counts among his close advisers Vicky Hamilton, a savvy West Coast music-biz fixture who helped break bands like Guns N' Roses and Poison. A few years ago Roberts auditioned for Slash in a bid to become the singer for Velvet Revolver.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/22/charles-manson-son-innocence-retrial/

showing murderers in the media is the wrong way. wearing shirts of them/covering songs of them is even more stupid. i never understood the manson merchandise/fans. the tate crime was so brutal and disgusting that he lost every credibility as a human being. Axl, NIN and MM were glorifying manson (however they say they never did).

just the fact that i always have to think about manson when i listen to the beatles "helter skelter" is enough to say: fuck you, charlie.

Axl went through a stage of liking bearded chaps after watching Oliver Stone's Doors film in 1991. He started to wear a Jesus t-shirt at the same time and even grew a beard himself.

'He has long hair and everyone thinks he's a cunt...i feel his pain! Wait, he has a beard...i know, I'll grow one!' :lol: And people on this forum reckon him a genius? :lol:

There was that interesting piece a few years ago, I think in Rolling Stone, on Manson. They interviewed him in prison. The writer did a good job conveying that "something" that Manson reportedly has. Appeal, charm, magnetism, whatever.

Speaking of magnetism, supposedly that whole area around the old Tate house (the original house is gone now) is listed as a geomagnetic anomaly by the U.S. Geological Survey. Some people think there's a connection between things we call 'paranormal', and these little somewhat "magnetically fucked up" zones. Which might somewhat explain some of the unusual things that might have happened at the old house and the new house that's there. Not necessarily the murders (though it's not hard to see a connection), but 'hauntings' there, and things like that.