The Replacements have broken up (again)

Awful band of terrible musicians.

Each to their own, but I have to disagree with you...I was at both London show's this past week and they were fucking brilliant.

Terrible musicians?

What cause their song's don't have ridiculous over the top guitar wank solo's?

Couldn't care less about guitar solos. Terrible musicians because they are unable to write a good song. If you like them it's fine.

I respect your opinion, but I can say by your words that you probably haven't even tried to hear them without the prejudgement of them being a typical punk rock band or whatever. They have plenty of good songs, and most of people I know who are into rock like the band a lot. The "terrible musicians because they are unable to write a good song" thing wasn't too conving, I'm sorry!

Their first few records are very typical punk but I quite like typical punk anyways, but their middle three album's Tim, Pleased to meet me and Let it be showed their real song writing potential and not that they were just another punk band.

Any how, shame they may not do any more gig's or an album...but maybe stopping now is a good thing and they don't become a nostalgia act.

• Like 1

The replacements are hit and miss, same as sixx am, replacements have split a million times and back together again, Stinson's solo albums have been great, better than the replacements new song

Tommy has had a hell of a career,and for the "haters" our "beloved" duff has always spoken highly of The Replacements. Tummys played in a number of great bands. Mats,soul asylum n gnr. Not a bad resume.