Has Terry Balsamo Left Evanescence to join GNR ?

Vincent Vega

If that guy joins Guns im done.

Jesus, is he that poorer than Ashba. I had never realised?

I get what youre saying...but for me at least, when Ashba first joined Guns i thought he would have a positive impact on Guns. He respected the past, wanted to create, had a good relationship with Axl, and i thought he had a good grasp on what a GNR record should sound like if given the chance to write with the band. Obviously this was before all the "swag" and before he exposed himself pretty much as a fraud, a hack, and a complete wanker with all the social media shit. With that said, theres no way id want anyone from Evanescence, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc., etc., or anyone else from the "nu-metal" genre to ever be associated with Guns in any way. So yeah id consider that worse.

Evanescence wasn't "nu metal"

Also, this Terry guy wasn't even the original guitarist for either Limp Bizkit or Evanesence. He's a replacement from another band replacing a replacement for Guns.

The first Evanescence record (Fallen) is great, it even has Josh Freese on drums.

Im not saying he's joining but the Evanescence guitarist will know how to play with piano and strings and have experience working with singer with pipes. It's kind of operatic Queen style rock. But anyone would just be playing Finck/Bucket/Ron parts? They arent going to record so it's just for touring. Who's going to do all Jungle O Mine stuff? They just need a session guy for the tour not someone whos going to want to record classic GNR material.

Edited by wasted

Given the RUMOR of Evanscence replacement Terry Balsamo possibly replacing GN'R replacement Bumblefoot, I thought this thread might need a revival.
I see a lot of Evanescence influences on CD, particularly on TWAT, Prostitute and Catcher.

Didn't Fortus play with Rhianna?

At the end of the day, this is Axl Rose and whomever he hires to play for the next tour.

Axl will find somebody capable, there are thousands of great guitar players out there.

Let's be honest. It doesn't really matter who is in the band as long as we've got Axl.

Given the RUMOR of Evanscence replacement Terry Balsamo possibly replacing GN'R replacement Bumblefoot, I thought this thread might need a revival.

I see a lot of Evanescence influences on CD, particularly on TWAT, Prostitute and Catcher.

The guy isn't the lead guitarist of Evanescence, why he should replace Bumblefoot?

Ugh, not really. I see Evanescence influences on DJ Ashba, that's pretty much all. This band sucks.

• Like 1

Fortus plays on All About the Benjamins by P. Diddy. What? He's on the album too. Fortus has done stuff for other hip hop and RNB albums too.

So it's quite interesting to me because most fans seem to prefer Fortus over other replacements but he has done more out of the rock stuff, so I wonder why Axl let's him play on CDII and not Dj? Is because Dj is more glam metal or Fortus is more The Fragile of Hip Hop?

Shredders n Keef clones are dime a dozen but Fortus can do both and write. That version of Heaven's door in Vegas with Axl was pretty special.

What's so bad about Evanesence? Their guitar stylings don't suit Guns obviously different genre but as a band I think they were great.

I thought you were a male?

lol

Yeah, and? I enjoy all types of music and I don't see anything wrong with their music.

Their music is no more 'emo' lyrically than Estranged or This I Love.

:rofl-lol:

Explain? Have you ever actually listened to any of their music?

Miser, here's my explanation:

Reduced Privileges.

I don't want to be mean, so you figure the rest out for yourself.

I imagine a numetaller would fit in well on Shackler's Revenge and Scraped since they are essentially Korn b-sides.

Shacklers is probably better than any Korn track. Scraped is more Prodigy meets RATM covering My Michelle with Out Ta Get Me lyrics.

Evanescence more of a post-nu rock Twilight inspired 00s opera rock band. Nu Pomp bands like Killers, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence brought back more Queen and Springsteen than the garage bands like Strokes and the Hives garage revival who basically new wave post punk inspired.

But at least Korn brought something fresh. The backwards grinding riffs were at least interesting.

I imagine a numetaller would fit in well on Shackler's Revenge and Scraped since they are essentially Korn b-sides.

Shacklers is probably better than any Korn track. Scraped is more Prodigy meets RATM covering My Michelle with Out Ta Get Me lyrics.

Scraped is more Mickey Mouse sticks a kazoo up his arse and farts the content of a 12 year old boy's journal to the tune of bad videogame music.

Scraped is more Mickey Mouse sticks a kazoo up his arse and farts the content of a 12 year old boy's journal to the tune of bad videogame music.

I've heard worse GnR songs. I don't mind Scraped, the intro caught me off guard when I first heard it. It's one of the only songs on CD I had not heard until release.

Spot on!

To me it's Out Ta Get Me meets Prodigy/Evil Empire. My most played CD song, just ahead of Chi dem and ITW.

The whole videogame music thing is silly, its sounds like a lot 90s records did. Production on CD criticism is way over the top, no it's not 1974 and this isn't Compton anymore Kenny.

Great lyrics, very AFD or UYI era like Don't Damn Me.