Has Terry Balsamo Left Evanescence to join GNR ?

Vincent Vega

A fat bloke with dreads....

what is wrong with dreads?

they're dirty and ugly

Not so much "what is wrong" as "we've already had a fat bloke with dreads in the band and it led to much derision" :lol:

EDIT: Ok ok technically cornrows but they look just as shit on a pasty white guy as dreads do.

Edited by Facekicker

Finck would rather die than give Axl control (again).

Jk, I can see Finck coming back for a single tour as long as there's no NIN conflict, I dunno if Axl would want to do that though. If he agreed for a short stint and the band was playing more CD stuff and CDII was released then you can see where he could be lured back.

As for Terry Balsamo, I don't know jack about Evanescence, but apparently he suffered a stroke ( a few years ago ) from headbanging. Someone on a post mentioned that he doesn't really do live lead anymore either. I'm not really getting the vibe that he jumped ship and headed over to GnR.

Richie Kotzen would be rad, fantastic guitarist, great singer, songwriter, piano player and he can shred.

No chance, he's firmly with the winery dogs, new album and everything. Great band, great guitar player and singer. GnR had a chance at landing him but it wasn't right for whatever reason.

I really like the idea of Doug Aldrich, free and what a player.

• Like 1

Finck would rather die than give Axl control (again).

Jk, I can see Finck coming back for a single tour as long as there's no NIN conflict, I dunno if Axl would want to do that though. If he agreed for a short stint and the band was playing more CD stuff and CDII was released then you can see where he could be lured back.

As for Terry Balsamo, I don't know jack about Evanescence, but apparently he suffered a stroke ( a few years ago ) from headbanging. Someone on a post mentioned that he doesn't really do live lead anymore either. I'm not really getting the vibe that he jumped ship and headed over to GnR.

He has played with GNR since he "Left"...

Doug Aldrich is also free

Richie Kotzen would be rad, fantastic guitarist, great singer, songwriter, piano player and he can shred.

No chance, he's firmly with the winery dogs, new album and everything. Great band, great guitar player and singer. GnR had a chance at landing him but it wasn't right for whatever reason.

I hate that idea. I'm a big Doug fan, everything from Lion to Burning Rain to WS, though tbh I didn't love RS. Doug is indeed in a band right now, though I don't think they intend on massively touring.

Regardless, Doug's too good to be limited by Axl's Berlin Wall of Anti-Creativity; not to mention he's not a sell-out and he's not a "yes" man. Doug produced both recent WS albums, and wrote 90% of the music.

Doug Aldrich fits Gn'R's old school image perfectly! I would be stoked if he joined, but he probably doesn't because he has a brain.

aldrich would be awesome but the perfect fit for this band is....

fifi-larue.jpg

• Like 1

I hate that idea. I'm a big Doug fan, everything from Lion to Burning Rain to WS, though tbh I didn't love RS. Doug is indeed in a band right now, though I don't think they intend on massively touring.

Regardless, Doug's too good to be limited by Axl's Berlin Wall of Anti-Creativity; not to mention he's not a sell-out and he's not a "yes" man. Doug produced both recent WS albums, and wrote 90% of the music.

Doug is definitely a writer, and I loved the majority of his work with WS, Burning rain isn't bad either but some of their songs sound like recycled WS riffs from the Good to be bad album. I think he is a great fit musically, but I think they couldn't land him and if they did they would need to make firm promises about plans and allow him some creative input.

Having said that! Doug knows how things work and if he thought there was money in GnR without too much work he might be tempted to sign on simply as a touring musician and then come in and record the parts when asked. He didn't do that raiding the rock vault gig just for the fun - money and it left him at home with his young family. As I said before, I think he's liking being home more and with GnR apparently gearing up for a good bit of activity in 2016 that could put him off.

Finally, there's not even a shred of evidence to suggest he's even thought of gnr or that gnr have approached him so we'll just have to wait & see how it turns out. We can wish though.

Burning rain isn't bad either but some of their songs sound like recycled WS riffs from the Good to be bad album.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed similar/same riffs being used across Doug's career in different bands. It hasn't bothered me that much, but I have noticed it.

I'd rather Doug join back up with WS, those albums are killer.

Edited by OmarBradley

This guy will probably sell zero extra tickets if he joins unless there's a large group of Evanescence fans left somewhere. If it isn't Slash,the general public doesn't care. They (along with most people on here) want Slash. I suppose Eddie Van Halen would move a few tickets if he jumped ship to GnR.

Edited by Subtle Signs

A fat bloke with dreads....

what is wrong with dreads?

Nothing if you're a Rastafarian...otherwise you look like a cock.

No actually i'm the new guitarist. Surprise!

Your sig looks like something aiming for an ass crack.

Y'know that time when you were 8 around the time of your parents divorce and you overheard that conversation where your Dad was having a go at your Mum for getting 'blackmailed' and you asked what the word meant? I think they lied to you :D

• Like 1

I suppose Eddie Van Halen would move a few tickets if he jumped ship to GnR.

What planet are you living on?

They can't get Eddie Van Halen until they put out a bodacious music video, but they can't put out a music video until they get Eddie Van Halen, it's a vicious cycle...