Has Terry Balsamo Left Evanescence to join GNR ?

Vincent Vega

Some of the suggestions people make for who could fill the guitarist spot are just beyond retarded.

To be fair though where do you go? The fuckin' peers of the band are all fuckin' part time nostalgia acts, new young guitarists look like benders and I think he's had his fill of chicken bucket wearing foot-shaped guitar totin' virtu-oddities. Although thats kinda unfair to Bumble, he wasn't really eccentric like that, that was his only thing, the foot guitar.

Some of the suggestions people make for who could fill the guitarist spot are just beyond retarded.

To be fair though where do you go? The fuckin' peers of the band are all fuckin' part time nostalgia acts, new young guitarists look like benders and I think he's had his fill of chicken bucket wearing foot-shaped guitar totin' virtu-oddities. Although thats kinda unfair to Bumble, he wasn't really eccentric like that, that was his only thing, the foot guitar.

I was referring to people suggesting Jimmy Page or EVH...may as well suggest Keith Richards, you know? Fucking ridiculous.

You're right though, look at Adler's band- it's Steve and a bunch of Ashbas.

Someone like Doug Aldrich is a fine guitarist- but he's a DIO/Whitesnake guy- like Zakk Wylde (who did/does at least have the big, epic solos) he's much more a studded leather, "metal" guy...then we have ex members of Poison or Warrant etc...I always thought "GNR" was above guys like that?

I was referring to people suggesting Jimmy Page or EVH...may as well suggest Keith Richards, you know? Fucking ridiculous.

Someone like Doug Aldrich is a fine guitarist- but he's a DIO/Whitesnake guy- like Zakk Wylde (who did/does at least have the big, epic solos) he's much more a studded leather, "metal" guy...then we have ex members of Poison or Warrant etc...I always thought "GNR" was above guys like that?

Problem with finding a bona fide mentalist is that you are left having to deal with a bona fide mentalist....and Axl had some pretty choice bona fide mentalists in his band (Slash etc) and weren't too pleased with em. It's like when Joe Strummer was putting together the Mescaleroes, he saw Anthony Genn dancing arse naked on stage at Glastonbury, he was kind of a free-wheeler, liked his drugs and that...problem with that is you get the attedant creativity but you also get a mental crackhead in your band too...ended up firing him, predictably enough.

• Like 1

Problem with finding a bona fide mentalist is that you are left having to deal with a bona fide mentalist....and Axl had some pretty choice bona fide mentalists in his band (Slash etc) and weren't too pleased with em. It's like when Joe Strummer was putting together the Mescaleroes, he saw Anthony Genn dancing arse naked on stage at Glastonbury, he was kind of a free-wheeler, liked his drugs and that...problem with that is you get the attedant creativity but you also get a mental crackhead in your band too...ended up firing him, predictably enough.

The bottom line is that with each replacement the pool gets shallower and the GNR (or any band) name gets devalued.

In the case of Guns N Roses, the members were rather unique and not really replaceable...nobody has ever been able to "replace" Slash or Duff, for instance.

Like Black Sabbath in the 80's, it becomes the one original guy and an ever rotating bunch of guys that have basically nothing at all to do with what the band was originally about- from a bunch of tripped out long hairs to a bunch of guys decked out in leather and studs with teased up hair...or in GNR's case from AFD to *take your pick of* a bloke with a skullet wearing a trashbag, a bloke with a KFC bucket on his head, or #demented.

I suppose Eddie Van Halen would move a few tickets if he jumped ship to GnR.

What planet are you living on?

I've been following GnR for 28 years Broham. Nobody with a functioning brain thinks EVH or Jimmy Page or anyone in that elite group will be joining GnR. All these threads turn into is fantasy booking. My point about Slash still stands. If he doesn't return,the general public just isn't interested.

• Like 1

Doug Aldrich is also free

Richie Kotzen would be rad, fantastic guitarist, great singer, songwriter, piano player and he can shred.

No chance, he's firmly with the winery dogs, new album and everything. Great band, great guitar player and singer. GnR had a chance at landing him but it wasn't right for whatever reason.

I really like the idea of Doug Aldrich, free and what a player.

I hate that idea. I'm a big Doug fan, everything from Lion to Burning Rain to WS, though tbh I didn't love RS. Doug is indeed in a band right now, though I don't think they intend on massively touring.

Regardless, Doug's too good to be limited by Axl's Berlin Wall of Anti-Creativity; not to mention he's not a sell-out and he's not a "yes" man. Doug produced both recent WS albums, and wrote 90% of the music.

Burning rain isn't bad either but some of their songs sound like recycled WS riffs from the Good to be bad album.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed similar/same riffs being used across Doug's career in different bands. It hasn't bothered me that much, but I have noticed it.

I'd rather Doug join back up with WS, those albums are killer.

Same as but I think DC is happy with Joel. He's a great player, perfect for that style, he's always smiling though... it scares me a little :P

Because I think a return to WS is unlikely right now, I'd vote for him going to GnR but that is just as if not more unlikely than WS.

What's so bad about Evanesence? Their guitar stylings don't suit Guns obviously different genre but as a band I think they were great.

I thought you were a male?

lol

Yeah, and? I enjoy all types of music and I don't see anything wrong with their music.

Their music is no more 'emo' lyrically than Estranged or This I Love.

What's so bad about Evanesence? Their guitar stylings don't suit Guns obviously different genre but as a band I think they were great.

lol

Yeah, and? I enjoy all types of music and I don't see anything wrong with their music.

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

That would be great, anyone whos been in Limp Bizkit deserves to be in the this version of Guns N Roses.... But so what could we have in the best possible case:

In place of Bumble the new shredder is someone in the lines of VINNIE VINCENT:

hqdefault.jpg

And the new Goth alternative spook em up guy is this what-ya-ma-called-it Terry Balsamico

b5fed9a043870a70444ba0e3ba0cd451.jpg

Clear improvement say I

GNR is a flat circle.

Even though those 5 guys became kind of well known in a Ramones Kiss way or any big band, we can't make them play together, there's just nothing we can do.

It really seems to be very common in rock with successful bands. They get rich and want what they want. Theres so many instances and now a lot of brand names touring for the fans. It's just the way musicians are it seems. They make an album or do a tour and then want to try something else. They have some money and get sick of being that famous dude for the money and fuck off to do something they always wanted or needed to do. Or some just want to get paid to play, enjoy it etc.

Some can set aside their differences for the greater good, others just don't see life like that.

GNR seems to be as much of an omni-shambles as Skynard now, it's kind of cool in a way.

Of course lack of material seems to be the main complaint. So you can bracket GNR in with Thin Lizzy, a legendary band that tours against all odds. It does seem kind of par for the course in rock these days. Whether you think it's interesting to have new players or it's just a disaster, it's not unheard of in rock. Is it a band, is it a brand? No, it's Guns N Roses!

Edited by wasted

GNR is a flat circle.

Even though those 5 guys became kind of well known in a Ramones Kiss way or any big band, we can't make them play together, there's just nothing we can do.

It really seems to be very common in rock with successful bands. They get rich and want what they want. Theres so many instances and now a lot of brand names touring for the fans. It's just the way musicians are it seems. They make an album or do a tour and then want to try something else. They have some money and get sick of being that famous dude for the money and fuck off to do something they always wanted or needed to do. Or some just want to get paid to play, enjoy it etc.

Some can set aside their differences for the greater good, others just don't see life like that.

Season 1 is like old Guns and season 2 is new Guns. We are Frank walking in the desert.

I saw them on iConcert and Evanescence stage show performance was similar to new Guns.

GNR is a flat circle.

Season 1 is like old Guns and season 2 is new Guns. We are Frank walking in the desert.

Everything's ending. Time to wake up.

Early Guns was Star Wars.

New Guns has been Empire Strikes Back.

Next Era has to be Return of the Axl.

lol

:rofl-lol:

Explain? Have you ever actually listened to any of their music?

If that guy joins Guns im done.

Jesus, is he that poorer than Ashba. I had never realised?

I get what youre saying...but for me at least, when Ashba first joined Guns i thought he would have a positive impact on Guns. He respected the past, wanted to create, had a good relationship with Axl, and i thought he had a good grasp on what a GNR record should sound like if given the chance to write with the band. Obviously this was before all the "swag" and before he exposed himself pretty much as a fraud, a hack, and a complete wanker with all the social media shit. With that said, theres no way id want anyone from Evanescence, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc., etc., or anyone else from the "nu-metal" genre to ever be associated with Guns in any way. So yeah id consider that worse.

• Like 1