Hell Yes!!! Leo playing a serial killer HHH, directed by Scorsese.

Apollo

Leo is on a roll.

I can't wait to see his upcoming film.

And now he is going to star as HH Holmes. The Devil in The White City is one of the best serial killer books ever written.

EXCLUSIVE: A killer role that Leonardo DiCaprio has wanted to play for a long time is finally coming to the forefront after Paramount just closed a splashy deal to acquire the Erik Larson book The Devil In The White City: Murder, Magic And Madness At The Fair That Changed America. There was a big auction that had five studios chasing and three bidding aggressively–Universal and Fox were the others–before Paramount captured a package that has DiCaprio starring and re-teaming with his The Wolf Of Wall Street director Martin Scorsese. Billy Ray will write the script. Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing with Stacey Sher, and Scorsese. This is a big one for recently minted Paramount Film Group president Marc Evans; it’s expected to be the next collaboration for DiCaprio and Scorsese, who’ve made five films together.

9bfa6b971bd2f280a6a0dd99934ef9a44c1ff35c

Between book option and Ray’s writing fees, this is a solid seven figure commitment, and much more when the picture gets made. Paramount’s Elizabeth Raposo will oversee it with Evans.

DiCaprio will play one of the most prolific serial killers in Chicago history, the 19th Century equivalent of Hannibal Lecter. He has wanted this for a long time, but the project’s second wind occurred after Warner Bros let the rights lapse a month ago on the 2003 non-fiction book (Graham Moore was among the writers who did drafts) and came out of conversations with Par’s Brad Grey and Scorsese and Yorn about the studio being at the center of the next DiCaprio-Scorsese teaming, after the studio released

The Wolf Of Wall Street and it got five Oscar nominations. Yorn, DiCaprio and Scorsese went out with a new take on the material from Ray that got everybody excited all over again. The trick with this property has been interlacing the two main characters, the producer/architect of the World’s Fair, and the man who works for him and turned out to be a mass murderer. Ray cracked that, and the town flipped for it.

DiCaprio will play Dr. HH Holmes, a cunning serial killer believed to have murdered anywhere from 27 to 200 people at a time when the city of Chicago was enthralled with hosting the World’s Fair of 1893. Holmes constructed The World’s Fair Hotel, an inn more lethal than the Bates Motel, especially for young single women. The sociopath used charm and guile to lure guests into what became known as a “murder castle,” a haunt that had a gas chamber, crematorium and a dissecting table where Holmes would murder his victims and strip their skeletons to sell for medical and scientific study.

I urge anyone who hasn't read Devil in the tWhite City to do so, it's seriously brilliant. Not thrilled with this news (although it was only a matter of time, Leo's had the rights for years), but I hope to be surprised.

Edited by Angelica

is leo fucking going over?

What does that mean?

Former writer comments on HHH:

"I remember being nervous the first time I delivered the script to the McMahon dressing room where HHH would dress (he would never use the locker rooms with the rest of the boys). When HHH answered, I told him the Raw script was ready for his review. On the first occasion, he grabbed the script, flipped through it but did not read it and asked me point-blank: "Am I fucking going over?". This first time that I delivered the script to him, he did indeed win his match, so I said yes. Then he politely gave the script back to me without reading it and said, "that's all I needed to know" and walked back into the McMahon locker room. A few months later, when Gewirtz had another weekend off, I delivered another Raw script to him on a PPV Sunday. And it was the same routine. He nonchalantly flipped through it and said "Am I fucking going over?". This time, however, he was to lose his match via disqualification. He would keep his title. I said to him, "Well, sort of." Then HHH froze. He said, "What do you fucking mean, sort of?" I said "You lose the match via DQ, so you still keep the title." "What page?" he growled. After I told HHH the page number this occurred on, he ripped that page out, threw the rest of the script to the floor in a rage and slammed the door in my face. Needless to say, the next day during the agent's meeting, the script had somehow chances and now HHH won his match - cleanly."

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1x6hks/can_we_have_an_honest_discussion_about_hhh/

is leo fucking going over?

it's burying time!

svJ0STp.gif

• Like 2

I'm not a huge fan of the whole "serial killer" thing. It's been beaten to death and then beaten more. I don't really get everyone's thing for Leo, he's like a Tom Cruise to me, but in contrast. Tom Cruise is a fairly decent actor who winds up in a lot of shitty movies and gets a lot of shit, Leo is also a fairly decent actor, but gets praised as one of the best, and lands roles that he doesn't really deserve.

That being said, I haven't read this book, but it sounds like it's very compelling, that's really reassuring. I also always enjoy a good Scorcese flick. I'll have to check it out.

Leo an do anything. he is one of the best actors of all time and with Martin directing him, maybe he will win an Oscar this time around. He deserves it.

I can see Leo playing a serial killer. Most of them were handsome and had charisma and Leo definitely has both.

Leo an do anything. he is one of the best actors of all time and with Martin directing him, maybe he will win an Oscar this time around. He deserves it.

I can see Leo playing a serial killer. Most of them were handsome and had charisma and Leo definitely has both.

gacy-exhumations.jpg