White cop shot by black man

Val22

Last time I checked, African Americans make up like 12 to 15% of the population of this country. Yet my fellow white citizens (many of us) act like they cause all the problems. Now I don't agree with everything that goes on within the African American community, nor do I agree with blatant racism that they are allowed to get away with (which I experienced just recently myself), but having said that, I don't think it is right or fair for the vast majority of the population to gang up on them and act like they are the problem with this country. Again, they only make up like 12% of the population. By comparison that's like 2 troublemakers in a class of 30 ruining your learning. Yes 2 troublemakers can cause some headaches every now and then, but at the end of the day you are responsible for your own grades.

Beyond that, to act like all of the 12% are troublemakers is just plain wrong. From my experiences, most African Americans are good, law biding citizens, so of that 12% only 1 or 2% are actually troublemakers. So basically 90% of the population is bitching about 1 or 2%? That seems like a waste of time to me. Besides I bet by pure numbers, more white people get arrested than black folks anyways. Honestly how many black people were arrested in Nebraska or Wyoming yesterday?

Basically what I'm trying to say is that A. African Americans really are such a small portion of the population, yet white folks act like they are 50% of the population causing 100% of the problems. And B. If we (white people) want them (black people) to "behave" better than we need to behave better ourselves. Lets not for one second not pretend thst at least 50% of all white people are not still racists. I am white, and will admit I have racists relatives, and I'm sure you do too. Plus, and I can't stress this enough, but from my experiences I would say at least 60 to 70% of all conservatives are really closest racists. They like to pretend they are not, but to think, act, and say the things they say indeed makes them racists. If it smells like a pig, and looks like a pig, then it must be a pig. So we (white people) get offended when black folks try and support and stand up for one another, but yet many of us are racists themselves. Don't you see the hypocrisy in this? If we want them to change, then we need to change ourselves first.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Last time I checked, African Americans make up like 12 to 15% of the population of this country. Yet my fellow white citizens (many of us) act like they cause all the problems. Now I don't agree with everything that goes on within the African American community, nor do I agree with blatant racism that they are allowed to get away with (which I experienced just recently myself), but having said that, I don't think it is right or fair for the vast majority of the population to gang up on them and act like they are the problem with this country. Again, they only make up like 12% of the population. By comparison that's like 2 troublemakers in a class of 30 ruining your learning. Yes 2 troublemakers can cause some headaches every now and then, but at the end of the day you are responsible for your own grades.

Beyond that, to act like all of the 12% are troublemakers is just plain wrong. From my experiences, most African Americans are good, law biding citizens, so of that 12% only 1 or 2% are actually troublemakers. So basically 90% of the population is bitching about 1 or 2%? That seems like a waste of time to me. Besides I bet by pure numbers, more white people get arrested than black folks anyways. Honestly how many black people were arrested in Nebraska or Wyoming yesterday?

Basically what I'm trying to say is that A. African Americans really are such a small portion of the population, yet white folks act like they are 50% of the population causing 100% of the problems. And B. If we (white people) want them (black people) to "behave" better than we need to behave better ourselves. Lets not for one second not pretend thst at least 50% of all white people are not still racists. I am white, and will admit I have racists relatives, and I'm sure you do too. Plus, and I can't stress this enough, but from my experiences I would say at least 60 to 70% of all conservatives are really closest racists. They like to pretend they are not, but to think, act, and say the things they say indeed makes them racists. If it smells like a pig, and looks like a pig, then it must be a pig. So we (white people) get offended when black folks try and support and stand up for one another, but yet many of us are racists themselves. Don't you see the hypocrisy in this? If we want them to change, then we need to change ourselves first.

The flip side of that coin is there are black racists out there too, and we shouldn't have to pretend like there are not because there are more white people. Me and my friend were hospitalized (My friend worse than me, he needed surgery on his nose) by 17, yes SEVENTEEN black kids that beat the shit out of us because (As you can imagine 17 people means lots of different sotries, one of which was we challenged them to a 17 on 2 fight.) 4 of them had the same story though, they were going to "knock the next white person we saw the fuck out."

Slavery was a terrible thing, but for people who bother to know history, my grandfather was a coal miner, they were modern day slaves, read about how coal mines worked before unions. I'm less removed from slavery than most black people, and I've been an actual victim of a hate crime. How is it I could get past all that and not hate black people? How is it I have black friends? Oh! Maybe because not everything should be fucking generalized? Maybe there are good people and bad people and their color has 0.0% to do with it? Nah, that can't be it....

We need to get the fuck over it and treat crime as crime and stop bringing race into everything.

PS. I quoted your post, but that wasn't exactly a direct response to what you said, just a jumping off point.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1

How did 12-15% end up being 2 out of 30, which is 6%?

When you have to fudge the numbers to try and make your point.......

Also lol at you crying that I try and push my opinions as fact, here you are generalizing millions upon millions of conservatives as being racists and here you are telling hundreds of millions of people that they are wrong and need to change the way they act. Yet you cry that I'm a bad guy because I disagree with you about one GnR song. Unbelievable.

Also lol at you crying that I try and push my opinions as fact, here you are generalizing millions upon millions of conservatives as being racists and here you are telling hundreds of millions of people that they are wrong and need to change the way they act. Yet you cry that I'm a bad guy because I disagree with you about one GnR song. Unbelievable.

Apollo, I never "cried" over anything goes, as a matter of fact I stated many times that it doesn't matter to me what you think of that song. You just got all pissy because I said that IMO it is better than most of motley crues discography. So who was the one that really did the crying???

As for the topic at hand, I don't really care to have another go around with you. I'll state my opinion, then you will disagree and attack me, I'll them respond and attack your opinions. This will go back and fourth until one of us gives up. Well I'll just save us both the time and give up now. A topic like this is just one where we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Btw, if you dislike me so much, why are you constantly responding to my posts? It's like you enjoy arguing with me...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Apollo, I never "cried" over anything goes, as a matter of fact I stated many times that it doesn't matter to me what you think of that song. You just got all pissy because I said that IMO it is better than most of motley crues discography. So who was the one that really did the crying???

As for the topic at hand, I don't really care to have another go around with you. I'll state my opinion, then you will disagree and attack me, I'll them respond and attack your opinions. This will go back and fourth until one of us gives up. Well I'll just save us both the time and give up now. A topic like this is just one where we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Btw, if you dislike me so much, why are you constantly responding to my posts? It's like you enjoy arguing with me...

Lol

Attacking you. When did you start playing the victim all the time.

Go back and read our recent exchanges. I show you where you are wrong. You call me names and cry that I'm picking on you. Funny stuff.

Let me show you.

"12-15%"...........turns into two out of 30, which is actually 6.7%. See Mike, that isn't attacking or arguing with you. That's a factual statement showing that you were wrong.

Never said I didn't like you, bub. You are a fine poster. You are the one who cried that you were sick and tired of my posts and how much you dislike me

people are going to point out when you say things that aren't true. Or when you generalize and tell 250,000,000 million people that they need to change their ways.

It's all good. No need to get upset at a rock n roll forum. Try and not take things so personal. I actually feel a little bad now knowing how bad I hurt your feelings.

I will try and be more gentle and kind in the future to spare your feelings. Who knew you were such a sensitive guy.

Edited by Apollo

Apollo, I'm so sick of you twisting my words, at no point in any of my posts have i said or done anything to insinuate that I am "crying" or "sensitive". I have made my points, and tried to respect yours while we agree to disagree. It is YOU that keeps on the offensive. As a matter of fact, I never quote your posts because I don't really care to ever talk to you. I find it to be a waste of my time. You are an individual that just likes to argue for the sake of arguing, and as such talking with you is fruitless venture. You dont, or have not upset me at any time that I can remember, and defiantly not during these last two exchanges, which is why I find it comical that you seem to take some sort of pride in upsetting me. Do you always take pride in things you have not done? All that I have been trying to do is respectfully and peacfully end any sort of communication between the two of us, because you are not a person I care to know or talk to. But you keep trying to get me fired up, perhaps you are trying to cupcake me, but whatever it's not going to work.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Btw, just to clairfy, I did go back and read or recent exchanges and again I have not said one word that is negative towards you. Yet you keep saying that I'm the one calling you names and crying. I think it is you that needs to go back and read our last couple exchanges. Go find me some proof of me calling you names and "crying" saying you are picking on me.

I never said you are picking on me, I said you like to argue with me, which I've learned that arguing accomplished nothing. That is why I don't like conversing with you, because we ALWAYS end up disagreeing. If it was once or twice, that would be one thing, but it's literally every thread on any subject you and I disagree about. We have been down this road too many times, I already know the end result. Im sorry but I have better things to do than sit and argue with you again. Some times you just have to call a spade a spade and move on. Clearly, for whatever reasons our personalities clash, so I'm just choosing to not converse with you anymore, because it accomplished nothing.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ