Velvet Revolver & Art Of Anarchy

fred_carston

I really enjoyed the Art of Anarchy record but it seemed that Scott basically took the money and ran, it seems he was out of the band (and it seems a contentious issue whether he was ever really in the band) even before the record came out! If I remember correctly they were going to get a new singer for a tour anyway although I don't think a tour ever happened. To be honest without Scott I don't have as much interest in them, as much as I love Bumble Scott made that record great, without him it would have been a very forgettable record I think.

As for VR, I can't really see them doing anything again. It's been the best part of a decade since Scott left. If the guys do get together with a new singer they should call it something new. However, I imagine if they wanted to do something it would have happened by now. "Where there's a will, there's a way" as the saying goes.

Edited by BassistSeb

Velvet Revolver hasn't been active for quite a long time, except for a one off show a few years ago. Wasn't expecting much on that front but I guess a reunion was always a possibility there.

I don't think it would make much sense for Slash/Duff to continue VR with a new singer now.. if they dont' get back with Axl, they can start a new band I guess. Although.. Slash seems happy doing what he is doing with Myles and Duff is all over the place, even touring with GNR...

I would prefer the DeLeo brothers retire STP as well, but clearly that was never their intention. Different topic tho.

Edited by CardinalGunner

I dug both bands. Art of Anarchy's album was brilliant, although it isn't fair to give Scott all the credit. Those songs are quality compositions and much better than Scott's solo album released at the same time. Bumblefoot tweeted fairly recently about AOA writing new material, so I think they all still have plans and I don't think Scott's passing will change that.

Velvet Revolver were dead in the water even before Scott died. Its unfortunate as they were far more appealing than Slash and Myles who have all the charisma and excitement of an old folks rest home.

• Like 3

I dug both bands. Art of Anarchy's album was brilliant, although it isn't fair to give Scott all the credit. Those songs are quality compositions and much better than Scott's solo album released at the same time. Bumblefoot tweeted fairly recently about AOA writing new material, so I think they all still have plans and I don't think Scott's passing will change that.

Velvet Revolver were dead in the water even before Scott died. Its unfortunate as they were far more appealing than Slash and Myles who have all the charisma and excitement of an old folks rest home.

A little off topic, but can you give me the quote of what bumble said about AOA? I'd love another album by them.

If there was ever a future for VR, it was abandoned as soon as Slash's solo career became a bigger money spinner for him.

Maybe STP could get together with Axl and call themselves The Stone Roses.

The Wildabouts are definitely over. Guitarist dies the day before the debut album comes out, the singer dies on tour and the bassist is arrested in the aftermath. Most dangerous band in the world.

• Like 1

Blaster is super fun to listen to. A real retro record. Art Of Anarchy is not my thing. Put mildly. But luckily, Scott left behind a lot of good music imo to listen to. Many great shows, and even the bad ones were entertaining to me.

I can't imagine what his old band members are going through from STP.

A little off topic, but can you give me the quote of what bumble said about AOA? I'd love another album by them.

You'll have to take my word for it, as I can't be bothered to trawl back and look at Ron's old tweets.

I do hope for them to put out some outtake stuff or live audio. There is the famed '03 El Rey show. They supposedly did quite a few more covers than ever got out. I'm pretty sure I heard tie your mother down and a black sabbath song were done for b-sides (same sort of idea as the cover of negative creep and no more no more). Is like to hear a compilation of that stuff.

Art of Anarchy wasnt necessarily signed to a label. Its one of those fun projects like Camp Freddy with an internet album. Theres no buzz necessarily... so a new singer wont matter either.

Velvet Revolver was a very 2000-ish modern sounding band. The first album was definitely 'modern' sounding. Not something Slash is accustomed to. Its very different from Snakepit or his solo records.

If VR continues... the sound/image will be based on what the new singer brings to the table. If its upto the other members... it will turn into a Slash solo project kinda sound... which makes it forgettable.