Deflation

Snake-Pit

If you're paying the same for a smaller product, it's actually inflation at play. Deflation happens when you pay less for the same product.

Deflation is when you pay the same for less product.

Inflation is when you pay more for the same product.

If you're paying the same for a smaller product, it's actually inflation at play. Deflation happens when you pay less for the same product.

Think it through. If you paid the same for less product, it means the product has become more expensive.

• Like 1

Think it through. If you paid the same for less product, it means the product has become more expensive.

Something about the tone of this post made crease up :lol:

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

Can't you understand basic concepts?

Deflation tends to have that effect. Much like inflation, but the price remains.

You're an idiot.

Right...

Because my idea to get my freak on involves going to the pub and drinking beer after beer after beer with the lads, you'd never get to go dogging at that rate mate.

You're an idiot.

Right...

Because my idea to get my freak on involves going to the pub and drinking beer after beer after beer with the lads, you'd never get to go dogging at that rate mate.

You're an idiot. :lol:

You're an idiot.

Right...

Snakes, you know i love you but have a read back over Downzys deflation comment, there's a really simple principle thats escaping you at the moment :lol: I'm not judging, i confused Ned Beatty with Warren Beatty once, we've all been there!

You're an idiot.

Right...

Snakes, you know i love you but have a read back over Downzys deflation comment, there's a really simple principle thats escaping you at the moment :lol: I'm not judging, i confused Ned Beatty with Warren Beatty once, we've all been there!

But it's something that he made up.

Sure, it's logical, but mankind seems to have gone a different route, we regard his interpretation of inflation with extra add ons as inflation when price goes up for making the product, and we reserve deflation as it's own thing, we don't say deflation is inflation, we say inflation is like deflation, only the consumer sees less for the same.

He adds to that the cause, which (just went without saying) saying it costs more to produce because of inflation.

Like no shit sherlock, but that's not examples of deflation on the shop floor or showroom.

You're an idiot.

Right...

But it's something that he made up.

Sure, it's logical, but mankind seems to have gone a different route, we regard his interpretation of inflation with extra add ons as inflation when price goes up for making the product, and we reserve deflation as it's own thing, we don't say deflation is inflation, we say inflation is like deflation, only the consumer sees less for the same.

He adds to that the cause, which (just went without saying) saying it costs more to produce because of inflation.

Like no shit sherlock, but that's not examples of deflation on the shop floor or showroom.

You're an idiot.

:lol:

It's still deflation, whether or not you choose to agree Dazey.

Marijuana!

an 8ball used to be 3.5 for £20...

It's still £20 but it's 1.7

an 8th should REALLY BE £32.50 (If 7.0 is £65.00) but it's not, people still want their £20 eighths and their £10 benz...

When you pay the same amount...for less thats inflation because the price has essentially gone up hasn't it, cuz there's less of the thing that you are paying for. Because the price has inflated. Like when you buy a draw, a draw used to 3.5 for a score right? Now you get less gear for the same 20 quid, getting less, paying the same, thats inflation. I'm trying to think of ways to express this simpler but nothings occuring to me.

Look at it this way, you got a 3.5 draw in one hand and a score in the other. The score is the price of the draw. I relieve you of a gram, you've then got 2.5...but in the other hand remains the score that pays for it, ergo less skunk for the same money, it's a lower quantity of skunk you're buying...so the price has gone up, or inflated, hence inflation.

Yes? :)

When you pay the same amount...for less thats inflation

Yeah, except when you do that, it's called deflation too.

Deflation of product is still deflation, nothing goes up in the product, so you can't call it inflation, though it's cost to produce might stay the same for substituting one element for an inferior/cheaper replacement. You can also give less for the same price if inflation drives up production and you want to stick to your guns about how you produce it as well as selling it at a price that's not inflated.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Deflation of product is still deflation, nothing goes up in the product, so you can't call it inflation, though it's cost to produce might stay the same for substituting one element for an inferior/cheaper replacement. You can also give less for the same price if inflation drives up production and you want to stick to your guns about how you produce it as well as selling it at a price that's not inflated.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

An idiot with a large penis.

Inflation is an economic term though, it's to do with the value of money, when people talk about inflation they're not talking about the difference between bigguns and little uns :lol: