So...who is officially confirmed in the lineup at this point?

then what this amounts to more or less is just 2014 NUGUNs - Ashba + Slash...correct?

you are correct.. unfortunately

Indeed. It's Slash and Duff rejoining the band as opposed to a full blown reunion. I do think some people read into the semantics too much but as it stands, that's what it is and that's likely what Axl, Slash and Duff consider it which is why nobody from the band itself have called it a reunion.

then what this amounts to more or less is just 2014 NUGUNs - Ashba + Slash...correct?

What a shame. It's like looking forward to going to a steak and lobster banquet, but then finding out your only getting a hamburger instead.

What a shame. It's like looking forward to going to a steak and lobster banquet, but then finding out your only getting a hamburger instead.

I know, how terrible. We're stuck with those bums Axl, Slash, and Duff while the great Steven Adler won't be kickin it up there. Woe is us.

• Like 1

Indeed. It's Slash and Duff rejoining the band as opposed to a full blown reunion. I do think some people read into the semantics too much but as it stands, that's what it is and that's likely what Axl, Slash and Duff consider it which is why nobody from the band itself have called it a reunion.

So does this mean that Slash has made his peace with being an employee of Axl...

I know, how terrible. We're stuck with those bums Axl, Slash, and Duff while the great Steven Adler won't be kickin it up there. Woe is us.

To each his own. To those of us who were hoping for a reunion of the AFD/UYI band members, it's disappointing to find out that all we are getting is the last Vegas lineup, but with Slash rather than Ashba. No doubt Slash is a major improvement and step up from Ashba, and it will be interesting to see him perform with Axl again...but not as satisfying as seeing the old band members from real Guns get back together. A burger can still satisfy...it just doesn't satisfy like a steak and doesn't taste nearly as good. Does that help you understand the analogy? Edited by foghat43

I feel ya, foghat.

Some of those pinned threads turned into like james joyce novels. Then the thread titles themselves would get changed as news would come in, and it's like "Wait, was this the thread that I got 20 pages in to?"

I know the mods are doing their best. I'm not sure how I'd handle it differently, myself.

But anyway, I've used this as an opportunity to checkout other, less popular GNR boards; and for the "just the facts, ma'am" type info, it's easier/faster to just use a music news site.

So have Izzy and Steven been totally ruled out for even a cameo appearance at Coachella? I can understand if they aren't there during a total world tour since Izzy doesn't like touring and Adler is a liability, but I know there's a lot of people who would appreciate the original 5 hitting the stage together.

Really the only two things that bother me about this Coachella lineup is 1) Chris Shitman is still in the lineup and 2) [Most importantly] Frank Ferrer is there. Frank is easily the worst drummer GNR has ever had, I've always thought he was just a watered down version of Brain; his drumming is stale and voiceless. If Steven is a liability for the eventual world tour, then Matt should reclaim the drumming seat. For all of the flack that he gets from people, I still think he's better than Frank.

I'm kind of surprised to hear though that people are still discussing a third guitarist. I mean yeah, you can argue that there were plenty of overdubs on AFD and UYI and having an additional guitarist allows all of the recorded parts to be played, but I'm of the opinion that (Most) rock shows are about live spontaneity and NOT recreating what you hear from the studio. And honestly, I think a lot of us know that having a third guitarist was just to eliminate the Slash comparisons (Except for DJ Asshat coming into the fold), and he's back now. The only way I see a third guitarist coming into the fold is if Izzy does guest appearances, and that's totally fine by me. If he's not there, Fortus is more than capable of holding down the rhythm role. But having a Slash/Fortus/Kusher triad? Are you all crazy?

• Like 1

I just lol'd in a quiet airport restaurant. Well done.