Why is Libertad so underrated?

sonofnazareth

Contraband is much better than Libertad. But, Libertad is decent. There are several good songs on Libertad, but none of them are great, making it an average album.

To tell you the truth I do not really like vintage metal now, your Metallicas, Priests and Maidens. It is all gormless rubbish really.

Metallica's first 4 albums, and even the Black Album, is some of the greatest stuff ever made! And Priest and Maiden rule!

I find it numetal.

Which sinks the ship at port for me :lol:

Get your baggy tracksuit on.

How can you have Slash and criminally under use him like they did on contraband? It is like having Bradman as 12th man or Pele on the sub bench!

I understand what you mean

My question -- which pretty much explains why VR is what it is -- is how can you have Izzy fucking Stradlin to play and write a dozen songs with you and suggesting that "hey lets do this without any lead singer, me and duff can sing" and then you let him go?

Now THAT is like having Pele saying "Hey lets go to attack and score some fucking goals playing fucking jogo bonito" and saying "No Pele, I prefer we play Dunga/Scolari/Parreira style defensive football"

Izzy is unreliable, no one "let him go". He left himself and he wasn't serious about the band. The same thing will likely happen now.

From Kusher's pov

I knew Izzy was coming and I heard talks about it. We still hadn’t found a singer, and I was just like oh great. That’s it, now I’m going to get replaced. I remember talking to Duff, and he was just like: ‘Look dude, Izzy won’t stay, I guarantee you it won’t happen. He comes in and plays for a few weeks, a few times, and then he just gets sick of it and he does something else, he disappears.’ And that’s exactly what happened,

• 2 weeks later...