Are GNR now operating like Kiss?

And the tickets for the Illusions tour were completely reasonably priced.

They sure were. I was in high school and was able to afford to go to three shows with my own money.. Would have been 4 but one was canceled..

Same here; I was in school and I think I paid around $25 for a ticket for GA floor at the Illusions show I attended. In 2015 money that would be $37.93. You're so lucky to have seen more than one show!

Edited by stella

I think maybe Slash and Duff coming back is what the label wants. It will sell CD II if Slash is involved in even a small way. I see the material as being recorded with vocals but not mixed. If they brought in newer material and with Slash adding parts or solos to some songs that could work. With Frank, Fortus, Dizzy parts in place not much needs doing. But they might just record new material, a best of or do nothing. Remember that Slash only ever had 3-4 songs on a GNR album. He's really great at rocking out others song ideas. Taking 5 of Axl's songs and 5 new Izzy songs and Slash and Duff playing on them with Frank and Fortus is going to be a great record.

Axl is going to have 3-4 piano based songs that he has bubbling way that are just gagging for Slash to come in and rock out. We then know Izzy, Slash and Duff can knock out GNR rockers. Axl adds vocals and it's a self titled album.

Kiss fans get their money's worth.

1250 gets you front row seats, a private acoustic show earlier in the day, meet and greet/signing session, a photo with them in full costume plus a bunch of merch and they are genuinely nice and welcoming during the meet and greet. I did it a couple of summers ago and would have payed double for what I got. The acoustic show is full of rarities and obscure tracks that they'll never play on the big stage. That alone was almost worth the cost of admission.

I saw GNR is charging 2500 for a signed photo and some food/merch?

GNR is not like KISS. KISS are the upmost professionals regardless of what anyone wants to label them as.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Kiss fans get their money's worth.

1250 gets you front row seats, a private acoustic show earlier in the day, meet and greet/signing session, a photo with them in full costume plus a bunch of merch and they are genuinely nice and welcoming during the meet and greet. I did it a couple of summers ago and would have payed double for what I got. The acoustic show is full of rarities and obscure tracks that they'll never play on the big stage. That alone was almost worth the cost of admission.

I saw GNR is charging 2500 for a signed photo and some food/merch?

GNR is not like KISS. KISS are the upmost professionals regardless of what anyone wants to label them as.

Kiss are very professional. They will cater to your needs, beyond post mortem in fact,

KIS51271.jpg