Reunion mentioned on WWE Monday Night Raw (Paid plug? Something more? Or nothing at all?)

The WWE had some kind of agreement with GNR in 2008 when Chinese Democracy was used as the theme song to the Armageddon Pay Per View. I had seats in the third or fourth row,in the center on the TV side so I brought a GNR Chinese Democracy sign which was taken without explanation by WWE security. I haven't rewatched the show on the WWE network to see if Chinese Democracy was edited out of the broadcast.

As for the OP,I doubt GNR paid for that mention. It was probably a line Bubba came up with.

7 hours ago, tat2d1 said:

It's at about 3 min in, Devon says " We're not some Guns N Roses farewell tour ". I seriously doubt it was any paid promotion. How anyone could come to the conclusion it would be is kind of hilarious.

If you follow wrestling, WWE in particular, this is how they do it.  They don't announce "Guns n' Roses will be at WrestleMania to support the Uso's"  This is how it works, they drop a throw away line then there is silence, then a pre written twitter war, then there is a feud.  They would not come out an announce it, especially with WrestleMania so far off, they drop things in tid bits.

I'm not saying "GnR will be part of WrestleMania, this is proof."  I'm just saying it is inside the realm of possibility.  To think that's "kind of hilarious" just demonstrates that you are unfamiliar with how they work these celeb angles. 

Whoever the dude is who plays the Red Arrow on that TV show wrestled a match in WWE.  It started with a throw away comment from Stardust that the Red Arrow "isn't a real superhero." 

If I said "Hey, I think this is setting up a thing with the guy from Red Arrow." That would be equally as "hilarious."  But it happened. 

I'm not saying it's a sure thing, far from it, but this 100% follows the MO for a WWE Celeb interaction.

Edited by DeadSlash

14 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

If you follow wrestling, WWE in particular, this is how they do it.  They don't announce "Guns n' Roses will be at WrestleMania to support the Uso's"  This is how it works, they drop a throw away line then there is silence, then a pre written twitter war, then there is a feud.  They would not come out an announce it, especially with WrestleMania so far off, they drop things in tid bits.

I'm not saying "GnR will be part of WrestleMania, this is proof."  I'm just saying it is inside the realm of possibility.  To think that's "kind of hilarious" just demonstrates that you are unfamiliar with how they work these celeb angles. 

Whoever the dude is who plays the Red Arrow on that TV show wrestled a match in WWE.  It started with a throw away comment from Stardust that the Red Arrow "isn't a real superhero." 

If I said "Hey, I think this is setting up a thing with the guy from Red Arrow." That would be equally as "hilarious."  But it happened. 

I'm not saying it's a sure thing, far from it, but this 100% follows the MO for a WWE Celeb interaction.

Dude, I've been following wrestling for 33 years, I'm very familiar with how they set things up, and this isn't it. If you actually pay attention, you can usually tell when something is being used or said to set up an angle. There is no angle here, just a throwaway comment from a couple of aging wrestlers. Also, considering they are struggling to try to fill a 100,000 capacity venue for Wrestlemania, you can bet your ass they'd be promoting the fuck out of a GnR reunion appearance.

Edited by tat2d1