Should the band perform Chinese Democracy-era songs?

Should the band perform Chinese Democracy-era songs?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should GNR perform songs that were written and recorded during the breakup?

The only precedent I can think of is Tears For Fears performing "Break It Down Again" in recent years, which is weird because it was kind of a fuck-you to Curt Smith that Roland Orzabel wrote for a TFF album that he produced while they were broken up.

It would be like Axl singing "Sorry" with Slash on-stage.

Do we really need a new thread for every set list option?

"Should they play some Neurotic Outsiders songs?"

But to answer seriously - why not? I don't want it to be the focus of the sets but I don't have a problem with it. Reunited KISS, for example, played songs that weren't by the original line-up like Lick It Up. If they want to throw in a couple CD songs in a classic-heavy set list then sure. I'd actually love to hear Slash's take on some of them.

I already talked about this in your other thread, but I'll repeat some stuff here.

Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus and maybe Pitman still exist in the band. The Chinese Democracy songs will be played, as not only do the songs mean the world to Axl, it would be disrespectful and even degrading to dismiss the new band's efforts over the past 2 decades. Duff played CD songs with the band in 2014. 

Slash and Duff (most likely) went back to Axl. No way would Axl give up his work for those 2, as even if now they are on good terms, Axl doesn't do anything for anyone. He's not gonna dismiss those 2 out of whatever you think is "respectful" or wrong.

Chances are they will only play 4-5 CD songs and there will still be tons of GN'R hits from UYI and AFD, so it's not too big of a deal.

CD, like it or not, is still GN'R.

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Do we really need a new thread for every set list option?

"Should they play some Neurotic Outsiders songs?"

This.

There's already a Reunion Setlist thread. We left the VR Songs thread open in good faith, but we don't need a thread for every option especially when there's a thread dedicated to upcoming setlists.